DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My humble, amateur two cents worth is keep the theories simple, look close by for those hiding in plain sight, and now narrow the net.
This one will get solved, and soon as it sounds like they have some solid tips. The Perp has likely fled the state, but will be retrieved.

'We can bring Mollie back': Father of missing University of Iowa student, 20, pleads for the community to call in with any potential tips or clues

Rob Tibbetts believes the answer to his daughter's whereabouts lies with the public.

'It doesn't matter what we're going through, we just need people to think,' he told Good Morning America.

'Somebody knows something and they don't even know it's important. We can get Mollie back, we just have to have somebody to call [the tip line].'

Tibbets said investigators have told him 'again and again' that missing person cases similar Mollie's have always been solved by a tip from the community.

'What we need is for people to tell their friends and neighbors that if they saw anything that seemed even remotely out of the ordinary to call authorities and they will run that down,' he said.
Father of missing University of Iowa student pleads for community tips | Daily Mail Online

Can I please ask that any comments about possible alleged sightings of Mollie from social media or other sources not be posted because not only are they not allowed on Websleuths if Mollie is alive it could put her in even more grave danger.

The "Finding Mollie" FB is administered by Mollie's Aunt, and the last update was about the news conference Tues @ 1:30 CDT. Of course there are no sightings of Mollie posted there! The comments have been turned off, and hope they don't turn them on or all the crazy posts will start.

The "Finding Mollie" FB is administered by Mollie's Aunt, and the last update was about the news conference Tues @ 1:30 CDT. Of course there are no sightings of Mollie posted there! The comments have been turned off, and hope they don't turn them on or all the crazy posts will start.
Yes, they’ve turned off comments from early on. Makes it a place for their announcements/ information, and not discussion. Which is good, IMO.

If the dogs were in the basement, and typically kept there when everyone was out, wouldn't that support the point that she did not return home from her run?

When police arrived at the house-sit home, did they find the dogs in the basement? Was that typically where they were left when no one was home? As a house-sit, Mollie would not have left the dogs in the basement if she was at home.

If the dogs were still in the basement, doesn't that mean that Mollie did not arrive home from her run? It is described as an "abduction". If so, from where?

i agree, it definitely supports that theory.

playing devil's advocate, it could also mean someone who knows the bf/bf's brother/fiance and knows their home routine very well knew where to place the dogs to hide any signs of unwelcome entry.

One of the statements that continues to haunt me was the comment about LE asking the family if MT was home at 9:45 pm. I am going to go back and find the exact quote and read it again as I recall the wording being a bit odd. I was unclear from the way the question was asked whether they meant MT was at Mom's house or at boyfriends house (or maybe either house). LE might have been trying to figure out if MT made it back to boyfriends house when this question was asked. I also have to admit to being a bit confused on the 'doing homework' statement. Where was she doing homework? Moms house, boyfriends house or other location? Or, don't we know. So many unknowns.

This has also bothered me. I think the question worded to her mom was "was she in a house at 9:45?" I think it's the word "a" that seems off.
I'm wondering if this question to mom was related to the SC sent to the boyfriend. I keep seeing "it looks like she was indoors" so maybe the location in the SC was the point of that question to mom.
I don't think anything about the SC was unusual though (like in distress) bc the boyfriend doesn't seem to have been immediately aware that something was wrong until the next day. He would have noticed at 10pm that night if anything was unusual.

That report is a count of everybody who went missing, including everybody who was later accounted for. Most are accounted for.

As one resource: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/iowa-missing-children-summer/

Sorry but the report does not include any data for FOUND. I believe it is the duty of agencies to compile reports correctly. There is no classification for FOUND in the State's work. And there is no mention of a supplement work which details who was FOUND.

And honestly, from my chair, I have the nagging question - if you can't classify the majority of folks children or adults who go missing how can they be FOUND? That seems to be illogical to me.

The FBI still has the CLASSIFICATION 'RUNAWAY' - I noticed the DCI report did not. WHY? Is that what is missing? No matter how I try, I find that report wanting. And the way it was constructed provides little confidence in IA's DCI. Then again, I am not sure exactly what the IA protocols are for missing people. All I know right now is a DCI guy named Rahn is leading Mollie's investigation.

I don't do snap chat. Is there any way to retrieve the chats or posts? I know the fact they disappear is the point of the app, just wondering if there is an archive somewhere.

Not much solid news today sadly. The interview of the father is worth a look and was frankly heartbreaking. LE did make the announcement of press conference tomorrow at 1:30 which could be helpful or not. Speculation is that press conference will be very focused on the missing person stats for the State of Iowa. If you want to look at the report that will no doubt be discussed in excruciating detail then go to the press release and its attached as a pdf file. Gossip and speculation unfortunately continue on other sites unabated.

If LE has the press conference today I really hope they tell us where they think she was last. And the time.

It really matters to know where they suspect she was last. Whether that was at home or on a jog or at someone elses place doing homework.

It would help witnesses give tips. Because a witness may not provide a tip if they dont know she was even close to where they were at the time.

Even if LE dont know for sure they need to give us their best guess of last location and time. Their guess will be better than our guess because they have the most accurate information. Its well past time they tell us so the public can help them.

Its Overdue. This close to the vest stuff really bothers me when someone is still missing. I would rather have my daughter/son back and alive instead of a dead relative or them never ever coming back. And yes even if it means its harder to prosecute someone. What they fail to realize is there will still be other evidence they can use to prosecute including the victims own statements if we can get them back alive. Time is of the essence here.

It could also mean that she put the dogs in the basement while getting ready for work in the morning. Since her red shirt was gone.

good point. imo, its interesting the dogs were found in their normal place (according to the article below it sounds like this is their spot/a version of crating but rather than a crate they are confined to a room/floor). however, at least right now, it doesn't help narrow down the possibilities too much. it could still either mean:

-she settled them in the basement before her run and something happened to her on her run

-she settled them in before work (as you suggested) and something happened after she left for work

-something happens between her run and work the next morning and her abductor knew to mimic the routine of placing the dogs there. for whatever reason, they felt it was important to hide forced entry and/or keep the dogs confined

-if the dogs were never allowed to roam the house alone, there could also be a mystery option of her settling them in the basement to leave to run an errand, see a friend etc we arent aware of

Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

I don't do snap chat. Is there any way to retrieve the chats or posts? I know the fact they disappear is the point of the app, just wondering if there is an archive somewhere.

This was asked in an earlier post and the response was yes, they can be retrieved. I don't SC either so I don't know if there is a limit on how long that information is stored.

This article mentions the press conference is at 1:00 today. Thought it was 1:30? Probably a typo error.

New details expected today in Mollie Tibbetts case

Snip

Today, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office plans to hold a news conference announcing a new reward at 1 p.m. KCCI will stream that news conference on the KCCI News App and our Facebook page.

Last edited:
Regarding the possibility she was doing homework when she went missing. Is there a library in her town that would be open that late around 9:30 10:30 ish where she may have been using the library computer to log into her schools online courses system?

Wondering if she was at a public library and someone abducted her there that saw here there?

This article mentions the press conference is at 1:00 today. Thought it was 1:30?

New details expected today in Mollie Tibbetts case

Snip

Today, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office plans to hold a news conference announcing a new reward at 1 p.m. KCCI will stream that news conference on the KCCI News App and our Facebook page.

Notice of Press Conference

This still says 1:30. That's Central Time, of course.

I suppose the news article could have gotten hold of updated info--on the other hand, it could have gotten it wrong--as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper