DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is her brother really going to be worrying about how she, a runner, will get from BF’s to family home? One mile away? It makes no sense he would ask her this at 7:30am when he assumes she is at work. I am disabled and could hobble a mile if I had to lol, plans would not be made 12hrs in advance to get me that distance.
IIRC, locals said it was raining that morning. So, it's possible he really did ask if she wanted a ride from where she was staying to her mom's home.

The "ride home" question can easily be interpreted either way, imo - as a ride to her mom's home that morning to pick up the car OR as a ride home from work from her brother. I honestly think both interpretations make sense, but obviously only one is correct. I wish we knew!

jmo

Actually Pacific is 8 hours behind London time. The East Coast is 5 hours behind so the conference is 6 hours behind London time. It is at central time (I saw you asked in a different post).
@Weeobanite
Thanks...forgot that summer time change. I should have just asked Alexa/Echo and would have been ok! Ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Tibbetts told Fox News that he had visited the house Monday and the dogs were in “perfect condition.” He said he last spoke to Mollie for three hours on the Sunday before her disappearance.

“We have a tough family and we’re fighting – we wake up and we go back at it,” he told Fox News.

Tibbetts also said he receives general briefings from law enforcement each day as the search continues.

Iowa investigators set to reveal new details in search for missing student Mollie Tibbetts

RSBM. I agree 100%, it is really disheartening to see the ways people are tearing down their hard work and their decision making based on the limited information we have.

Here's part of what dad is quoted as saying recently:

“What they have told us is their search is significant and aggressive,” Rob Tibbetts said. “It's nationwide.”

It's still unclear if Mollie Tibbetts returned to her boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18. Investigators said they do not want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together.

“They don't want to give anybody an advantage who might be involved in this,” Rob Tibbetts said.

'Just come home': Mollie Tibbetts' father shares emotional plea

I think all the various fitbit theories are forgetting an important piece -- the only way LE would have useful fitbit data from after her disappearance is if the fitbit continued to sync.

That would mean (with a few highly unlikely exceptions) that the fitbit, regardless of whose body it was on, would have to be near MT's phone, and that phone would need to remain active.

But if her phone was still active, LE could track it. And while fitbits are unfamiliar to many who don't have them, most any perp is going to be aware that a live phone can be tracked.

Soon as the phone is off/discarded/out of battery, no more sync updates from fitbit. Until the fitbit itself is found, at least.

So I think it's highly unlikely there was any useful fitbit data except for right as whatever it was was happening.

RSBM. She wasn't just overnighting, she basically split time there with time at her mom's house all summer. She stayed there regularly with him.

I wonder how often she stayed there alone to dogsit. Were the boyfriend, his brother, and fiancée frequently all out of town like this, or was it a one-time occurrence? How often did Mollie dogsit?

I am also wondering about her work day. When was she due in? Just because the day camp opens at 6:30 a.m. doesn't necessarily mean she always started at that time. I think they are open until 7:30 p.m. She might've had a later shift.

How did she usually get to work? What about that day, how was she planning to get to work? I wonder if someone else, family or friend, also works at the Medical Center, and regularly gave her a ride.

I wondered the same thing? Did she ever hitchhike? Maybe she chose to that morning because of the weather? She could have packed a bag with that red shirt and headed down 170 toward Highway 6. Some folks have said that route is a lonely route where there are few cars but maybe in the morning when folks are heading to work it is different?

It seems unlikely to me, didn't she have to be at work by 6-6:30 that morning because of the field trip?

To anyone that watched the Fox interview with the father. They flashed a photo of MT wearing a tie dye shirt that was flashed when they were discussing SC to boyfriend. Was the photo in the episode a screenshot of the SC or was it just a random pic of MT? What I found odd about the picture was that there was a male in the bathroom wearing shorts (couldn't see face). Does anyone have a POV about this as I am not sure what to think???

I've always understood it to be a ride home from WORK. But I just realized something--we've heard that the weather that morning was really nasty--so that does open up the possibility of him asking her if she wants a ride home from bf's place--so she doesn't get drenched with rain/swept away with wind/struck by lightning. (Sounds more thoughtful than an average brother, but who knows?)(just joking with that last comment. :(
That’s a good theory. Impossible to know without more information, either about the conversation or what time she got to work, etc.

Is her brother really going to be worrying about how she, a runner, will get from BF’s to family home? One mile away? It makes no sense he would ask her this at 7:30am when he assumes she is at work. I am disabled and could hobble a mile if I had to lol, plans would not be made 12hrs in advance to get me that distance.

Maybe due to the weather?

Why would she have needed to go to family home before work? If she more or less lived with BF, wouldn’t she go to work from there? Who wants to get up earlier than necessary? Not most young people, imo...

Did he assume she was already at work?

Also, regarding getting her back and forth from the bs's house to the family home, there are quite a few possibilities. Did it rain at all that night? Might be too muddy to run. Did she have stuff she carried back and forth? Stuff she couldn't just stick in a backpack?

Kids don't necessarily think of their feet as transportation. They get rides for even short distances. Just because she ran for fitness wouldn't mean it occurred to her to run to get herself from place to place.

I think all the various fitbit theories are forgetting an important piece -- the only way LE would have useful fitbit data from after her disappearance is if the fitbit continued to sync.

That would mean (with a few highly unlikely exceptions) that the fitbit, regardless of whose body it was on, would have to be near MT's phone, and that phone would need to remain active.

But if her phone was still active, LE could track it. And while fitbits are unfamiliar to many who don't have them, most any perp is going to be aware that a live phone can be tracked.

Soon as the phone is off/discarded/out of battery, no more sync updates from fitbit. Until the fitbit itself is found, at least.

So I think it's highly unlikely there was any useful fitbit data except for right as whatever it was was happening.

Fitbit Surge and Ionic have built in GPS and don't need a phone.

Fitbit Help - Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay