DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be moving to a new thread in about 30-40 minutes. I want to keep all the posts about the press conference together instead of switching threads mid stream.

Dear Harmony2,

You are so much appreciated for all of your help and organizing of these threads!

Thank you so much for all that you do.

I've always understood it to be a ride home from WORK. But I just realized something--we've heard that the weather that morning was really nasty--so that does open up the possibility of him asking her if she wants a ride home from bf's place--so she doesn't get drenched with rain/swept away with wind/struck by lightning. (Sounds more thoughtful than an average brother, but who knows?)(just joking with that last comment. :(

I think that's possible, but unlikely for many reasons.

1. I still don't think most runners would even consider getting a ride for a one mile walk, and I think her brother would know her well enough that he wouldn't even offer.
2. The weather wasn't really that bad. According to a weather web site, between 7:15am-8:15am on July 19 the temp in Brooklyn was 63-64 degrees with about 12mph winds and 0.1 inches of rain fell. That's not exactly 75 and sunny, but certainly nothing terrible.
3. Why would she need a ride home before going to work? All of her stuff was at the boyfriend's house.

It's just not logical to me that she would need a ride to her mother's house before going to work. I've always assumed the brother was asking about a ride home from work, and while I realize that's not 100% confirmed it still makes the most sense.

Thank you. Do you or anyone else remember if it was determined/stated WHEN her phone went dead? No worries if you don't...will put it on my list of things to research. ;)
I think it was pretty early on because wasn't her boyfriend quoted as saying they were calling her (I *think* in that first day) and it was going straight to voicemail?

To anyone that watched the Fox interview with the father. They flashed a photo of MT wearing a tie dye shirt that was flashed when they were discussing SC to boyfriend. Was the photo in the episode a screenshot of the SC or was it just a random pic of MT? What I found odd about the picture was that there was a male in the bathroom wearing shorts (couldn't see face). Does anyone have a POV about this as I am not sure what to think???

JMO, but none of the photos were "the" snapchat photo as they have all been seen previously and investigators believe the snapchat photo was taken on Wednesday.

To anyone that watched the Fox interview with the father. They flashed a photo of MT wearing a tie dye shirt that was flashed when they were discussing SC to boyfriend. Was the photo in the episode a screenshot of the SC or was it just a random pic of MT? What I found odd about the picture was that there was a male in the bathroom wearing shorts (couldn't see face). Does anyone have a POV about this as I am not sure what to think???

it was just a random pic in a slideshow that happened to appear when the reporter mentioned the SC pic.

Protocols are based on constitutional rights to privacy and due process. We are protected against search and seizure by the constitution. That includes "pinging" our phones until and unless there's probable cause to determine a crime has been committed and it's necessary to try to find someone.

That's not typically true within minutes of a missing person's report. Unless there are immediate, obvious signs of a struggle, like blood everywhere.

Other than that it is going to take a few days.

This was a problem in the McStay case. Local LE in charge officially deemed the case voluntary missing. With that status there was never going to be a judge that would sign off on any search warrants. Privacy rights are a double edged sword. But the fact is, most missing person cases are voluntary missing. And they have the right to go missing. Someone trying to get away from an abusive spouse is a good example.

BBM

The text from the brother asking if she needed a ride home was sent at 7:30am on Thursday. It was not related to her coming home for dinner on Wednesday night.
Right. But she never came home, as intended, so I would expect the brother was still curious how she was getting home, from where she would have been (should have been) since she didn't show up. Also, she would have also needed a ride TO work, since she didn't get the car from him. It just makes a lot more sense that he was expecting her from the boyfriend's house to the mom's, IMO.

Thank you. Do you or anyone else remember if it was determined/stated WHEN her phone went dead? No worries if you don't...will put it on my list of things to research. ;)

I'm pretty sure that we haven't gotten any information at all about her phone--except that it's missing.

Edited: and that it DID go dead that first day--or turned off.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear from the things that have been mentioned as left behind that she was staying overnight at the boyfriend's regularly or, at minimum, had all the stuff there she needed. But that's just IMO.

Someone asked earlier (@Hatfield maybe??) where the info about the 3 hour phone convo with dad came from, can't find it now with so much activity here. In his interview with Fox he said they talked for 3 hours on Sunday which I agree with your post, does seem excessive, but he made it seem like this was a normal thing since they live so far apart. He said they talked about the wedding, books she was reading, school, etc.

Mollie Tibbetts' father says he is putting his faith in the investigators
I talked to my dad last night on the phone for 2.5 hours about Dez Bryant, Will Greer, Mason Rudolf, Roll Tide, Clemson, his dog, his neighbor's dogs, the fight between his neighbors over grass mowing, his new shirts from Orvis, the contractor who repaired his fence incorrectly, the weather, hurricane season, my mom's asthma, his church's new youth pastor, his church's vacation Bible school, and more.

It's not abnormal to talk to your dad for hours. Go call your dad! When he is gone, you will wish you spent more time talking to him.

I thought perhaps Mollie's brother checked to see whether she needed the car because if she didn't, then he would use it.

Maybe sometimes she walked a good distance and at times took the car.

He checked with her to find out if she would need it that morning.

Last edited:
i never feel like they dont know what their doing. I feel they dont give the public enough info to know what their suppose to look for. They miss out on critcal information to me.

Which is the same as saying they don't know what they're doing. They're inept. They're missing out on critical information because they don't know as much as the public does about how to conduct an investigation and what and when to release info.

Yeah, occasionally LE doesn't do a good job or drops the call on things. That becomes pretty apparent when family starts being vocal and going their own way.

But we have the FBI on this. They know what they're doing.

I guess I get a bit defensive on the part of LE who work so hard and do so much more than we can ever imagine. And then to hear people behind their keyboards scolding them for not conducting the investigation to their liking. It rankles a bit. So my apologies if I'm coming off too strong on this subject. It gets under my skin.

I think the dogs were put away prior to her heading out to get the car from her moms. If it’s a 20 min walk there she may have thought that was enough time for them to be unsupervised and best to put them in the basement as it’s been stated they were kept there when no one was home. To go to her moms, she wouldn’t need anything but her phone, which would explain everything that was left behind (wallet etc). It would also explain why nothing seemed amiss when housemates returned and why they assumed all was well, she must have decided to spend night at moms

I’m starting to really believe that she infact never returned home from her evening run. Dogs were locked up and sounds to me like nobody really heard from her after. I’m starting to think the Snapchat that the bf didn’t open till 10 may have been sent much earlier. Just my thoughts at this time

I think maybe the Snapchat sent to her bf was sent at 9:45 and he opened it around 10:00, later saying she looked to be “inside”. This is why LE asked family if she was “in a home” at 9:45.

At one of the press briefings during the Abby Williams and Libby German investigation, the FBI special agent in charge said:

“If something just wasn’t right - if that person started using drugs, if their sleep patterns have changed, any indicators like that taken on its own doesn’t mean anything, but when you put it into a broader context of the timing and the location of that individual, it may be pertinent and I would ask the public for their help. We need that help”.

The FBI also wanted people to have a closer look at the people around them. Changes in behaviour or appearance that seem odd or strange should be reported to them and they will check it out.

It will be interesting to hear if anything remotely like this will be mentioned today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member