Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/missing-college-student-is-one-of-dozens-to-disappear-this-month/
"A 20-year-old college student missing in Iowa is one of 48 young people who have vanished in the state this month, according to reports.

The seemingly alarming number of missing persons cases has sparked widespread panic on social media and a flood of conspiracy theories as the search intensifies for Mollie Tibbetts, who was last seen July 19.

“40 people have gone missing in Iowa in 10 days. 40. People. How is this possible ?!!!!!!!!!!!?!” posted one person on Facebook, adding: “keep tabs on your friends and family, be aware of everything and everyone around you.”
In Iowa, 48 juveniles have gone missing this month. Why that number may be misleading.
"SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — As the search for a missing University of Iowa student continues, much has been made of a startling statistic on missing persons in that state.

Forty-eight Iowa juveniles have gone missing so far in July, a development that has sparked a flood of social media warnings and theories. However, that number becomes less shocking in a review of missing persons statistics.

Heavy regional news coverage of the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, 20, of Brooklyn, Iowa, about 60 miles east of Des Moines, has led to more focus on missing children. While a missing child is certainly cause for worry, concern has morphed into rumors that make it appear as though every child who goes missing is the victim of abduction or sex trafficking."
"While sex trafficking may not be the cause of every missing person case in either Iowa or South Dakota, it is a problem. The National Human Trafficking Hotline recorded 74 reports of human trafficking of all ages in Iowa in 2017 while 16 reports of human trafficking were made in South Dakota in the same year.
Nationally, more than 8,500 cases were called into the hotline in 2017. A little more than three-quarters were sex trafficking; much of the rest was labor trafficking, a form of modern-day slavery that includes forced labor."

The stories regarding whereabouts and distances keep changing.
When easy facts change, hinkyness grows.
In this case, it is hard to tell if the changes are due to lousy reporting or other reasons.
Multiple choice question; was it fifty miles, one-hundred miles or one-hundred and twenty-two miles?
(all three choices have been reported)

Ugh!
Most cases I have followed here have very poor,confusing reporting.especially a the beginning. They all want to get the story out first, I guess.

Boyfriends brother canceled wedding.

“Blake Jack says the cancelled wedding plans are nothing compared to what the town is going through. ”

I'm kinda thrown off by the wording here. I would have thought he would have said; compared to what Mollie must be going through. But who knows people word things funny sometimes when they have a mic stuck in their face. Am in no way suggesting he had anything to do with mollie missing, just struck me as a little odd. MOO

But...he doesn't know what's she's going through. Sounds like no one does.
But the town is really tight and everyone is suffering, that's how I took it. Nothing odd IMHO.

Omg why does it matter who works where in Ames etc. as far as boyfriend’s family, fiance...

The board is so slow, it takes forever even just to scroll past it all.

I can’t see the point of reading any press coverage on this case. It is the most $*$&ed up mess of unprofessionalism I have ever seen.
OT, I know, but : what happened to the cats ? It's dogs now ?

This case has me riveted. I lived 50 miles east of Brooklyn for 8 years, and graduated UI. My theory before the PC was an early am abduction, random, possibly by methheads (Iowa has huge meth issues), a crime of opportunity. After the PC, I think the sole purpose of the PC was to put the abductor at ease. Who knows what that person (or persons) is thinking, right? But after that PC, with lines like "Getting to know Mollie" (investigators have had ample time and know her quite well), "Right now I'm not drawing any conclusions" (not in front of cameras, nope), "Can't tell you why Mollie's missing" (she was taken and is now being held against her will by a crazy person), "We don't know where Mollie's at" (but they're zeroing in and likely has to do with one of her SM contacts)... As sick as it sounds, in the abductor's mind, he or she can say to themself, "Oh, this was all a big misunderstanding... they're 'getting to know' her but I've known her 2 weeks, now, and..." I think they're trying to put the abductor at ease and at the same time humanizing Mollie and trying to get the abductor to play his hand sooner rather than later. I would not be surprised if LE gets some form of communication from whoever is holding her soon. All my opinion, of course.

Investigators 'confident' of timeline in missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance; what we know
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:55PM

Authorities declined to share key details about the case during a Tuesday press conference, including whether Tibbetts definitely returned from her run. They said they are doing this in the best interest of the investigation but did say they are confident of the timeline they have constructed. Here's a timeline of what we know about the college student's disappearance and the frantic search.
[Snip]

Wednesday, July 18.
5:30 p.m.: Tibbetts' older brother, Jake, dropped Mollie off at her boyfriend's house, where she was still staying alone with the dogs. Investigators said Jake Tibbetts is not a suspect.

7:30 p.m. According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time and was seen running on the city streets of Brooklyn.....
Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Timeline: Monday, July 16 - Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at link above.

Attachments

• Investigative Response_Iowa_Local 5 News.png
    Investigative Response_Iowa_Local 5 News.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
but mollies mum said she asked what they were having? I don't recall her saying she was going for dinner. maybe she just assumed? or maybe she did say she was but her mum didn't mention that in her interview im sure.

(This is a very late response.)
IIRC, when MT asked her mom what was for dinner, her mom said "brats." Then MT said something negative -- this was a couple of threads back, but maybe someone else will recall it, too. Another poster here mentioned after that posting that maybe MT was a vegetarian. Anyway, that may be why MT didn't show up, and her mom understood, so she didn't really expect her.
Does anyone else remember this?

IIRC, when MT asked her mom what was for dinner, her mom said "brats." Then MT said something negative -- this was a couple of threads back, but maybe someone else will recall it, too. Another poster here mentioned after that posting that maybe MT was a vegetarian. Anyway, that may be why MT didn't show up, and her mom understood, so she didn't really expect her.

IIRC, her response was "OK"- link should be in first posts.

There certainly is. Finally, readers are seeing some examples of what the tip authorities need might look like!

From the article: (snipped by me)

“Did a neighbor come home late that doesn’t ever come home late? Or was a car on the street that didn’t belong? Or was someone walking on the street that didn’t belong?” he said. “If you’re suspicious about a relative or someone you know but you’re reluctant to call the tip line, show the courage and call. Because if someone has nothing to hide, then they have nothing to fear.”

I love that her dad is saying this stuff since LE doesn’t seem to be. Mollie looks just like her dad.

I don't recall her saying anything negative, I thought she said 'ok' and that was it.

She just said "ok" in response. It's in a bunch of the early articles linked on page 1 of this thread.

feralwriter, best post I've read all day. Thank you.
Thank you, that's very kind. Wow. One more thing to add: no one I knew in Iowa actually locked their doors.... drove me *nuts* moving there from a big city. Now that I'm back in a big city, I have several elderly neighbors who don't lock their doors except at night. I can't relate to that reasoning, but then, I'm on a crime website. :rolleyes:

I am so appreciative of being on this thread with all of you.

Your posts are deeply compassionate as well as insightful.

Harmony 2
is greatly appreciated as the Mod on this thread, and this is a fast-moving thread!

The caring you all have for Mollie is evident in your posts. So heart-warming.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. This is such a supportive and caring community. I've always felt honored to be a part of it.

Last edited:
The stories regarding whereabouts and distances keep changing.
When easy facts change, hinkyness grows.
In this case, it is hard to tell if the changes are due to lousy reporting or other reasons.
Multiple choice question; was it fifty miles, one-hundred miles or one-hundred and twenty-two miles?
(all three choices have been reported)

Ugh!
Here is a map I made based on what I've seen reported in MSM so far: Mollie Tibbetts Case Map - Google My Maps

This case/thread is madness. I can't follow any longer but will of course keep Mollie and her family and loved ones in my prayers. I do so hopes she's alive and is brought home safely. I don't think she is, but that is where my hope is.

Also, I'd like to add, @Harmony 2 is a certified rock star and deserves all the praise, and probably some bacon, or beer or something awesome for all the hard work keeping this thread in line with TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member