Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just yo clarify...two brothers of Mollie and the boyfriend of Mollie are cleared of suspicion. Did LE officially say if yhey cleared the boyfriends brother. Forgive me if I missed that post. Just Trying yo catch up.

YES

".....Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects....."

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

Edit to add: See July 25 timeline at link. Sure wish I knew how to pin this...

Last edited:
I agree, this is a hard one - so little information and so few developments.
The many years I've been checking in on WS for various missing people, I appreciate that there's a place we can all share our best hopes for the missing. And I do hope she will be found soon one way or another. I can't imagine the not knowing.

I am so appreciative of being on this thread with all of you.

Your posts are deeply compassionate as well as insightful.

Harmony 2
is greatly appreciated as the Mod on this thread, and this is a fast-moving thread!

The caring you all have for Mollie is evident in your posts. So heart-warming.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. This is such a supportive and caring community. I've always been honored to be a part of it.
And I'm always glad when you're around, ZC!

Also to make it easier to scroll and roll, or just concentrate your time here at WS on the missing case without wanting to strangle a silly member you can IGNORE USER. You can find this option under your user name at upper right in the orange bar (across the top) under your profile page-then ignore user. I have one person on ignore :p.

jmo

Also to make it easier to scroll and roll, or just concentrate your time here at WS on the missing case without wanting to strangle a silly member you can IGNORE USER. You can find this option under your user name at upper right in the orange bar (across the top) under your profile page-then ignore user. I have one person on ignore :p.

jmo
brilliant!

(This is a very late response.)
IIRC, when MT asked her mom what was for dinner, her mom said "brats." Then MT said something negative -- this was a couple of threads back, but maybe someone else will recall it, too. Another poster here mentioned after that posting that maybe MT was a vegetarian. Anyway, that may be why MT didn't show up, and her mom understood, so she didn't really expect her.
Does anyone else remember this?
I believe the reply was "OK." While it's not affirmative, I don't believe"OK" is negative. Also don't recall anything else vegetarian, etc..

Last edited:
i have typed and erased this a million times bc i dont want it to read as insensitive but did anyone else pause when they read the wedding plans were canceled? i am choosing the word pause carefully bc i wasnt shocked or alarmed but i can see both sides to continuing with the wedding and cancelling.

obviously, this is a traumatic experience and if cancelling feels like the right thing to do, i totally respect and understand the families' decision.

at the same time, she is not a blood relative in this wedding or married into the family. when you consider the degrees of separation (grooms & fiance family) i could also sympathize and respect the decision to continue with the wedding. not in a shallow/lets party at a destination wedding but some people have relatives they rarely see, worry about aging grandparents not making it to future weddings, etc: there are non-shallow and emotional aspects to weddings. if handled delicately and with respect to mollie's family and the struggles her bf is going through currently, i wouldnt find it rude to proceed if both the bride and groom agreed. or there could also be a middle ground such as proceed with the wedding but spend less days in dr, relieve the brother of any wedding duties he was assigned etc.

being updated that they were proceeding w the wedding would bring me pause also - i guess i just dont think its a black and white decision. especially since we dont know things like is mollie super close with the fiance/is the bf's brother more of a friend than just your brothers bf (seems possible if they were living together, even for a short while)/was it only 8 people traveling for the wedding thus much easier to cancel/a million other factors we dont know so i definitely want to emphasize im not judging either way, just processing.

sooo with that in mind it made me wonder if LE does have more info than they are letting on to the public and have informed those close to mollie & invited to the wedding that there will likely be significant updates & activity in the near future. obviously LE cant guarantee close dates on cases but they could have let the wedding attendees know they have a POI they are zooming in on/solid tips and itll likely be an active week and stressful to be away from home? is that something LE would do or is that unprofessional?

i could totally be wrong and they very well could have cancelled the wedding from pure shock/depression/sadness - mollie is clearly loved by many and prioritizing bringing her home is a good enough reason on its own, but it just made me wonder.

The Latest: Missing student had trip planned for wedding | WTOP

To be fair, The Daily Mail is no more wrong in most crime cases than many US news sites. They are just more hysterical. But they follow crime cases pretty closely from what I have seen over the years and sometimes did better than what we call MSM. A lot better than Nancy Grace and that mess was MSM supposedly. Jmo

i have typed and erased this a million times bc i dont want it to read as insensitive but did anyone else pause when they read the wedding plans were canceled? i am choosing the word pause carefully bc i wasnt shocked or alarmed but i can see both sides to continuing with the wedding and cancelling.

obviously, this is a traumatic experience and if cancelling feels like the right thing to do, i totally respect and understand the families' decision.

at the same time, she is not a blood relative in this wedding or married into the family. when you consider the degrees of separation (grooms & fiance family) i could also sympathize and respect the decision to continue with the wedding. not in a shallow/lets party at a destination wedding but some people have relatives they rarely see, worry about aging grandparents not making it to future weddings, etc: there are non-shallow and emotional aspects to weddings. if handled delicately and with respect to mollie's family and the struggles her bf is going through currently, i wouldnt find it rude to proceed if both the bride and groom agreed. or there could also be a middle ground such as proceed with the wedding but spend less days in dr, relieve the brother of any wedding duties he was assigned etc.

being updated that they were proceeding w the wedding would bring me pause also - i guess i just dont think its a black and white decision. especially since we dont know things like is mollie super close with the fiance/is the bf's brother more of a friend than just your brothers bf (seems possible if they were living together, even for a short while)/was it only 8 people traveling for the wedding thus much easier to cancel/a million other factors we dont know so i definitely want to emphasize im not judging either way, just processing.

sooo with that in mind it made me wonder if LE does have more info than they are letting on to the public and have informed those close to mollie & invited to the wedding that there will likely be significant updates & activity in the near future. obviously LE cant guarantee close dates on cases but they could have let the wedding attendees know they have a POI they are zooming in on/solid tips and itll likely be an active week and stressful to be away from home? is that something LE would do or is that unprofessional?

i could totally be wrong and they very well could have cancelled the wedding from pure shock/depression/sadness - mollie is clearly loved by many and prioritizing bringing her home is a good enough reason on its own, but it just made me wonder.

I imagine there will be a few with heckles up over your post but I agree..

(This is a very late response.)
IIRC, when MT asked her mom what was for dinner, her mom said "brats." Then MT said something negative -- this was a couple of threads back, but maybe someone else will recall it, too. Another poster here mentioned after that posting that maybe MT was a vegetarian. Anyway, that may be why MT didn't show up, and her mom understood, so she didn't really expect her.
Does anyone else remember this?

No...just her mom saying she never showed up.

I cannot find ANYWHERE in that article linked where it says the brother of Dalton Jack was not a suspect. I guess I missed that sentence.
It is there. Most browsers have a search function, you could search the word "Kriegel" and get to it that way. It's the same quoted line as in @Seattle1 's post.

This is the quote in the article:
Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

This is the link: Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

The stories regarding whereabouts and distances keep changing.
When easy facts change, hinkyness grows.
In this case, it is hard to tell if the changes are due to lousy reporting or other reasons.
Multiple choice question; was it fifty miles, one-hundred miles or one-hundred and twenty-two miles?
(all three choices have been reported)

Ugh!
This press conference didn't help. Some of LE's responses confused things even more. Such as did Mollie make it home after her run? They can't release that info. Was she on her computer doing homework? Can't release that. At one point the DCI rep stated something to the effect that what we've heard could be false or it could be true, they aren't going to say. Some the general public now has no clue as to what is relevant and what is not.

I cannot find ANYWHERE in that article linked where it says the brother of Dalton Jack was not a suspect. I guess I missed that sentence.
"Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects."

Boyfriends brother canceled wedding.

“Blake Jack says the cancelled wedding plans are nothing compared to what the town is going through. ”

That's so damm sad for the couple who had such high hopes and excitement for their day. I'm sure they were expecting a wonderful trip and honeymoon. I can easily and certainly understand their postponing it -- what kind of happy day and reception could that couple and their families have with that big black cloud of sorrow, fear and desperation constantly over and around all of them? Oh, how so very sad and maddening for all of them. Another victim of this horrible unknowing.

This press conference didn't help. Some of LE's responses confused things even more. Such as did Mollie make it home after her run? They can't release that info. Was she on her computer doing homework? Can't release that. At one point the DCI rep stated something to the effect that what we've heard could be false or it could be true, they aren't going to say. Some the general public now has no clue as to what is relevant and what is not.

because they know something and aren't telling at the mo. IMO

In the last thread the same queries were posited over and over about who was cleared. This person was cleared but not that one and how about this one and that one. These type of sentiments and statements can be construed as suggesting involvement by individuals in Mollie's close circle of family and friends. Our terms of service very clearly discourages that type of speculation.

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point forward. You have been duly warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

*no need to click like button*

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members