Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when your brother's long term girlfriend disappears, you reschedule your upcoming wedding celebration because no one in the family feels like celebrating anything. These are high school sweethearts, the families love them both like family.

9:00 Omaha,KPTM 42 news has piece on Mollie with her father. Two things he says stand out to me:
-nationwide search
"Come home."

Will get link
TRANSCRIPT:
WEBVTT <WE ARE FIGHTING. THAT'S ALL WE CAN DO.> Holding back tears - Rob Tibbetts stands in front of missing poster with his daughter's picture. Her photo is plastered everywhere around Brooklyn. <SHE IS A REAL PERSON. NOT A MISSING GIRL ON A POSTER.> Tibbetts lives in California, but dropped everything when he got the call that his daughter was missing. <NOBODY HA ANY IDEA WHY. WHY? HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN IN A PLACE LIKE BROOKLYN IOWA?> FBI Agents are still in Brooklyn. Authorities say there is nothing new to report publicly on the search for the missing 20-year- old. But they are still working hard. <WHAT THEY HAVE TOLD US IS THERE SEARCH IS SIGNIFICANT AND AGRESSIVE. IT'S NATIONWIDE.> It's still unclear if Mollie returned to he boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18th. Investigators don't want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together. <THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYBODY AN ADVANTAGE WHO MIGHT BE INVOLVED IN THIS.> <FLYERS AROUND THE TOWN OF BROOKLYN HAVE GROWN INTO GIANT POSTERS LIKE THIS ONE. THE FAMILY SAYS A STEADY STREAM OF TIPS IS COMING INTO THIS NUMBER, BUT THEY WANT PEOPLE TO KEEP CALLING.> <IT IS VALUABLE AND IT IS DRIVING THE SEARCH AND THE INVESTIGATION.> No piece of information is too small or insignificant. Tibbetts says it could be the clue that brings his daughter home. <JUST CALL THE NUMBER. THINK. CALL. YOU COULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. Mollie is supposed to start her sophomore year at the University of Iowa. A psychology major - she's always wanted to work with kids. <EVERYONE THINKS THEIR DAUGHTER IS EXTRAORDINARY AND I AM THE SAME. I THINK MOLLIE IS EXTRAORDINARY .> Now - Tibbetts says he won't stop fighting for his little girl. Monday he had this message for Mollie. < ) JUST COME HOME. IT WILL BE OKAY.>
'Just come home': Mollie Tibbetts' father shares emotional plea

Unsure of TOS as I don’t post often but a quick google search gave me a different date. And I’d been hearing all week that it was in “just a few days”.. hence why I asked wondering if anyone here had a better actual date.

For this week, I believe. It is now postponed, of course. But the Register's article kind of made it sound like the trip was to be just the 4 of them: bride, groom, Dalton, and Mollie. So that's kinda intense.
One would think they would have their parents there. I expect the number of people that were going was much larger than 4.

FBI, Iowa police tirelessly investigating disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
by BIANCA HILLIER
mollie_rob_3_873504412c6b54932ab7a44729b8f580.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

College sophomore Mollie Tibbetts still missing after two weeks of searching

You'll want to read this article, trust me...
I Stand with Mollie
Rob said that while his daughter studies psychology, writing poetry has always been one of her passions.

“I was looking at some of her poetry in her bedroom the other day and, even when she was young, there were six, seven or eight drafts of a poem,” he told Dateline. “She really worked hard at it.”​

I find this very interesting. It suggests she was not spontaneous - an overrated virtue, spontaneity. If she disappeared voluntarily it would not seem to be on the spur of the moment.

And thus if this is what happened, she did not plan to be, it would seem, soon found.

(Some poets do tend to overrate tragic circumstance, however - and sometimes they do see it as a virtue. A dubious belief, perhaps - but there it is.)

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPT:
WEBVTT <WE ARE FIGHTING. THAT'S ALL WE CAN DO.> Holding back tears - Rob Tibbetts stands in front of missing poster with his daughter's picture. Her photo is plastered everywhere around Brooklyn. <SHE IS A REAL PERSON. NOT A MISSING GIRL ON A POSTER.> Tibbetts lives in California, but dropped everything when he got the call that his daughter was missing. <NOBODY HA ANY IDEA WHY. WHY? HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN IN A PLACE LIKE BROOKLYN IOWA?> FBI Agents are still in Brooklyn. Authorities say there is nothing new to report publicly on the search for the missing 20-year- old. But they are still working hard. <WHAT THEY HAVE TOLD US IS THERE SEARCH IS SIGNIFICANT AND AGRESSIVE. IT'S NATIONWIDE.> It's still unclear if Mollie returned to he boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18th. Investigators don't want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together. <THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYBODY AN ADVANTAGE WHO MIGHT BE INVOLVED IN THIS.> <FLYERS AROUND THE TOWN OF BROOKLYN HAVE GROWN INTO GIANT POSTERS LIKE THIS ONE. THE FAMILY SAYS A STEADY STREAM OF TIPS IS COMING INTO THIS NUMBER, BUT THEY WANT PEOPLE TO KEEP CALLING.> <IT IS VALUABLE AND IT IS DRIVING THE SEARCH AND THE INVESTIGATION.> No piece of information is too small or insignificant. Tibbetts says it could be the clue that brings his daughter home. <JUST CALL THE NUMBER. THINK. CALL. YOU COULD MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. Mollie is supposed to start her sophomore year at the University of Iowa. A psychology major - she's always wanted to work with kids. <EVERYONE THINKS THEIR DAUGHTER IS EXTRAORDINARY AND I AM THE SAME. I THINK MOLLIE IS EXTRAORDINARY .> Now - Tibbetts says he won't stop fighting for his little girl. Monday he had this message for Mollie. < ) JUST COME HOME. IT WILL BE OKAY.>
Stop taking that ONE sentence out of context, fgs. The dad doesn't think Mollie ran away or he wouldn't be crying and 30 FBI and IDPS agents wouldn't be looking for her.

Unsure of TOS as I don’t post often but a quick google search gave me a different date. And I’d been hearing all week that it was in “just a few days”.. hence why I asked wondering if anyone here had a better actual date.
There was supposed to be a reception in Iowa for those not going to the Dominican Republic later in August - perhaps the 25th.

Also, she does not seem at all like the kind of girl who might just "run away". She seems very family-oriented, grounded, responsible. She snapped her boyfriend lovingly that night. There are no indications of unusual behavior on her part in the days or weeks prior.

This three-hour phone conversation with her dad mentioned above, though: does anyone have a link to an article that states that? I don't remember seeing that.

Three posts before yours #779

O/T, I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask, but, is there a WS forum that contains all the abbreviations that people use in forums (e.g., BBM, RSBM, etc.). Sometimes I see people use these abbreviations, and most of them I can figure out ("MOO" = My Opinion Only), but it would be helpful if I understood all the lingo! Much appreciated, thank you!
Yes, I think its on the main page / splash page for website....last time I looked there were 3-4 pages of abbreviations.

9:00 Omaha,KPTM 42 news has piece on Mollie with her father. Two things he says stand out to me:
-nationwide search
"Come home."

Apparently from Monday, so apologize if redundant.

The cruel reporter asked crying Mollie's dad what he wanted to say to Mollie. He had to respond with something positive. He couldn't say, "Gee, Mollie, we hope you're not dead and rotting in a weed-filled ditch."

You are taking this ONE sentence out of context to try to make it appear that she ran away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member