Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia,
Thanks for the warning. That being said, I have to get offline awhile. How can we overlook who he is or that he is here illegally? I mean, as a human being, as a member of these United States, the sheer horror of what she must have gone through should make our blood boil. This could be my daughter, my sister, my granddaughter, my friend. Time folks stood up for what is right. There are killers all over this country. How many came from countries that do not value human life, we may never know.

Thanks for the WS site. You do great work and we do appreciate you.

If I allowed a political discussion about illegal immigration Websleuths would melt down in minutes. Seriously. The forum would go under from the massive amount of hatred that would spew from both sides and attract others who love to fight about politics.

The fact of the matter is this man is charged with 1st-degree murder not with being an illegal immigrant. If you want to discuss the illegal immigration problem feel free, on another forum. Not here.
Today and for the rest of this discussion, we will focus on Mollie and the facts of the case.

Illegal or not he killed Mollie.

JMO

I believe CR was driving w/o intent of anything, then while driving seen MT found her attractive. CR then began to circle around a few times hoping for MT to acknowledge him in some way, but she ignored him. When MT kept ignored CR advances/waves/winks CR went to the next level and got out of his vehicle and tried to flirt and engage in a conversation with MT face to face, and she probably politely declined at first.

Then he continued to lay it on thick and she grew uncomfortable and threatened to call the police. This bruised his ego and he became enraged, doesn't like to be denied/told "no" and the rest will be revealed at a later time. This is how I interpreted the info at the PC. MOO

Trying to find a way to rise above this anger and bile. To begin with it some ways it's a relief it isn't one of the locals in town. This would have torn that town apart had it been one of their own. I'm also thankful she was found so the family doesn't wonder where she is any longer and thankful that they can put this criminal behind bars so he won't do this ever again. Many families on here have never had closure.
That being said, I hope he rots in his cell, literally. Give him sheets, lots of them.

Actually it was on HLN all day an affiliate of CNN. Maybe we should figure out how illegal immigrants get guns.

My grandfather was a gun collector, so I have known this answer for at least 40 years.

Simply put, there's more guns available to buy on the street on any given day, than in all of the legal (paper trail) stores combined in a year.

If you have the money, somebody has you a gun.

The mother of Christian’s child is friends with Mollie and her brothers on Facebook. Not sure if they knew each other well, but it certainly is interesting. (his ex girlfriend I mentioned earlier)
I noticed this as well. Perhaps he knew her and this wasn't random at all. Either way my heart hurts for her and her family.

I won't be surprised if there was no sexual assault in this case. It sounds like her rejection of him angered him so much he killed her. It will be interesting to hear from ex girlfriends, etc. And also interested to see if his DNA leads to any other unsolved crimes.

Crazy. He gets away scotfree if those cameras overwrite or the person decides not to turn them over. Im curious why it took them 3 weeks to hand the footage over though.

if your date time is off and it commonly happens and can be hard to correct so hard to find day you are looking for also consider that if you have 8 cameras it takes 8 min to watch 1 min of real time.

Sorry if this has been covered as I took a break for the shannan thread.
Whose surveillance cam was used to see the car going back and forth and why did it take so long for someone to hand it over? And why did it take so long to go over it and find the footage from that day? I could see that happening in a giant town but such a small town I would think they would have known who had cams and who didn’t within days of her missing.

In the previous PC, LE made two things very clear...they did NOT have a suspect and Mollie did NOT make it home from her run. Which both are true.

Yet we had dozens of pages on homework, red shirt, brats, libraries and her Dad having inside knowledge, the 3-hr phone call and more as late as yesterday.

When dealing with tight-lipped LE I have learned from many, many cases, that when they ask for help, as they did then, they need it. Not to play games, make people “sweat” etc...

This was sadly, always simple in that she went for a normal run, was abducted and murdered. How no one saw, we don’t know. What if that car had not been captured on video? I always stated that without video or a confession, nothing would happen until Mollie was found and not even then unless DNA helped them solve it. Too often, the simple yet terrible solution is true.

It is beyond comprehension as these murders always are. This perp would have likely escaped justice if not for a video camera that LE got hold of. All jmo and all that...just

In the previous PC, LE made two things very clear...they did NOT have a suspect and Mollie did NOT make it home from her run. Which both are true.

Yet we had dozens of pages on homework, red shirt, brats, libraries and her Dad having inside knowledge, the 3-hr phone call and more as late as yesterday.

When dealing with tight-lipped LE I have learned from many, many cases, that when they ask for help, as they did then, they need it. Not to play games, make people “sweat” etc...

This was sadly, always simple in that she went for a normal run, was abducted and murdered. How no one saw, we don’t know. What if that car had not been captured on video? I always stated that without video or a confession, nothing would happen until Mollie was found and not even then unless DNA helped them solve it. Too often, the simple yet terrible solution is true.

It is beyond comprehension as these murders always are. This perp would have likely escaped justice if not for a video camera that LE got hold of. All jmo and all that...just babbling.

So, so sad this happened to Mollie. Watched the press conference, and catching up on the posts here this evening.

Interesting to me how well the known facts posted at the beginning of each thread match up well to the events leading up to outcome. She WAS running, wearing her jogging attire, and with her iPhone. I always pictured her running by houses, but it was that desolate part of her route where the event occurred.

I think that is very helpful, websleuths! I certainly didn’t see resolution coming so soon, and did hope she would be found alive.

She is found, though, and hope that offers some amount of peace.

So what about her phone? When was the snapchat sent? Where is her phone?

I am shocked at how far out of town the 1900 block of 385th is. All along I thought everything had happened in town.

The far northeast dot matches this exact block. The data really did show everything! Great job by LE!

I think so, too, and wonder about the Fitbit/iPhone helping the techs with the areas identified on the map here: https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Then some gumshoe work interviewing homeowners and checking for surveillance videos. Tedious, important and a sign of the times (technology and crime fighting).

Kudos for calling in the FBI and their techs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member