Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a prime example of why LE sometimes withholds information. If they had made it known to the public that they were looking for this man he would probably be back in Mexico or some where far away by now. Mollies body would not have been found and there would be no one to hold accountable. He probably would have slipped back into the country again sometime in the future under a different name and committed another crime just like this one.

You raise a very good point. The killer of Sarah Root, who lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa is still on the run after a breakdown in LE communication prevented the Judge from knowing he needed an immigration hold. I applaud the coordination between local, state and federal LE in the solving of Mollie's case. CR will rot in the IA prison.

Only charge that you can prove. Don't over reach. Send him away to face a lifetime of AdSeg. 23 hours a day of 4 walls, all alone in a cell, and he will eventually wish for death. He might get it too. A lot of guys on the inside have daughters just like MT.
I absolutely agree. I was just saying that I believe he did probably rape her.

LEO in PC today said the Iowa DA's office is charging him with first degree murder with life in prison with no parole. So if he's convicted as charged, his sentence would never be served until he's dead after spending the rest of his life in prison in the US.

Or the amount of life alloted him by his cell/prison mates?

Only charge that you can prove. Don't over reach. Send him away to face a lifetime of AdSeg. 23 hours a day of 4 walls, all alone in a cell, and he will eventually wish for death. He might get it too. A lot of guys on the inside have daughters just like MT.
If they put him in GP, and they should imo because he dont deserve protection, he will wish for death.

The tricky part of that is you have to be VERY good at self-defense to succeed. I took just a little karate and was not able to prevent being beaten up and raped despite my class. Now, I had my child take it for many years, and he could have fought off three men at a time. So self defense is terrific, but a couple of months of it does not make a woman safe against a man, all other things being equal, she'd have to have really studied it.
So sorry you had to go through that. You are a true survivor.

But can we really believe the anecdotal fairy tales of a known narcissist and pathological liar? Sounds like a way to put the blame elsewhere to me. Because HE can't take responsibility for his own evil, so he has to place it somewhere else.

Not defending *advertiser censored* at all, BTW, but please Ted, we know you're just an evil SOB.

JMO.
Ted's long dead. FYI. But there is and was something fundamentally wrong with his brain, and just because society and legal courts do not understand that does not mean it is not so. A psychopath is usually born that way, unless some trauma happens to the brain to create the same behaviroal pattern. People with actual feelings and who care about anyone but themselves can become killers if raised a certain way or endure certain personal abuse and usually there is hope for them, and thise are the people who can be rehabbed back into society. In the opposite realm of human aberrant behavior, Psychopaths can be violent or not violent, but they can't be fixed. But just like everything involving humans, every single person is an individual with entirely different brain chemistry, environment, choices, or lack thereof. Including psychopaths. We just don't like to see people that way, because:

A. It means some people will be violent and bad things will happen that can't be avoided/changed/solved.

B. It means that every person has to be considered individually instead of boxing them into a category. It's just human nature to want to make understanding other people more efficient, so people resist by having prejudices.

So in the case of Ted/*advertiser censored*, or Unknown killer/video games/movies etc, if the person viewing or playing with violent and/or sexual media is also an actual psychopath or borderline personality or sociopath, and they also have a bad or abusive upbringing, and they continue having bad behavior as adults, this is a recipe for a murderer. Ted understood himself. He knew something was wrong with him. They don't all realize it, because again, individuals are all different.

These seemingly "tough" ones, are in reality the weakest and most immature of all people.
Yes, immature is exactly what I thought when I looked at his FB book page and his profile photos -- trying desperately to look handsome and attractive.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
LEO in PC today said CR admitted to having seen her running before the 18th, and he was stalking her that evening, followed her, circled around, and then approached her when she was on that stretch of road that was isolated from view.
BBM

Sounds like some premeditation going on....add kidnapping to that as well.

I have a CC permit, as well as pepper spray for my outdoor walks.
I wish she did as well.
And in no way am I blaming Mollie for anything.

Sure, he "blacked out".
Just like CW blaming Shanann (may she rest in peace) -- saying she "killed her kids".

This is entirely on the perp !
Savage and vicious. Hope he rots for the rest of his life in prison.

Because of the nature of the topic-- people start posting recklessly... <modsnipped political comment>
And if this perp hadn't been here (or if he hadn't been hired by that farm) , Mollie would be alive.
That is something to think about.There is no 'candy coating' that. So sad and senseless.

My feeling at the present time is this:

Our system did not fail poor Mollie, it outright betrayed her.

Obviously I won't write a book here, and keeping within WS guidelines, that's all I feel for poor Mollie right now - how she was betrayed by a system that just does not work.

I feel so bad for her family, and I can only hope justice can take place.

I'm sorry Mollie

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Killers are inspired by video games, movies, and *advertiser censored*. It doesn’t cause them to kill, but it feeds the fantasy. I’ve mentioned this before, but 50 years ago it was True Detective magazines that many serial killers in particular, used to read religiously, and draw ideas from it.

So true. Garbage in, garbage out. And, I think this is especially true for little children and teens, IMO, MOO

I'm still confused but here's the part:

"Rivera said he was able to use his phone to determine the route he drove from Brooklyn, but later guided police to the area where Tibbetts was found from memory, according to police.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com Thanks to poster who provided the link <3

What I thought, when I heard or read it, was he was talking about how he got out of the crime area. It is confusing, and may be based on half-truths. By the time he had hidden the body, it may have been dark, and he needed to look at his phone map app to get back to Brooklyn. Why did he need to get back there? Again, conjecture, but that maybe was where he was living. That is ALL conjecture, but might be important in his state of mind when this all comes to trial.

The way he preyed on Mollie reminded me of someone many of us know by the name of Jesse Matthews. This guy turned around his car and followed Mollie the same way Jesse Matthews turned around and followed Hannah Graham in downtown Cville. A lot later came out about Matthews being linked to many women- including Morgan Harrington. So it will be interesting to see what develops with this .

I think you're right, this may not be his first victim. I hope they release more information about where he lived previously if it was in the United States.

poor girl.. this vicious, disgusting individual. I'm not even going to parse his possible motivations or feelings about Mollie.

he has blacked out the incident.

we will hopefully be able to discover all that he is truly guilty of and all that we can charge him with. Iowa will not execute him but if he is illegal then this would be Federal? I do not know what can happen to him in this case.

I wonder if there have been others... he has been in Iowa for 7 years.

he's a young guy but there could still be other victims. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member