Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, honestly I don't even know why we are entertaining that story at all. I don't think we can trust a word this guy says. Just my opinion of course, but I think he is lying through his teeth, which is very common for people with anti- social personality disorder, and I know it's a little to early to assume that, but to me everything points to this disorder. It would appear he has no conscience. It will be interesting to find out if he already has a record, and if he has assaulted people before.

I think people are trying to read between the lines because it's not a very good lie. If he was going to lie and make up a story, why would he say something that makes him seem so guilty? Why wouldn't he say it was an accident, she ran in front of his car and he couldn't stop and he panicked and covered it up? Instead he admits that he followed her, stalked her, got out of his car and ran up to her to attack her while she was frightened and said she would call 911 - all of which made him angry. It doesn't take a lot to make the jump to what happens after a man who is trying to attack you says he's angry. Know what I mean? I don't believe his story is the full truth but I think parts of it are true and he's hiding the really bad stuff behind his "black out."

I wonder why he confessed and led them to her body. They only had the video of him following her in the car. He could have denied that he spoke to her or anything else and they had nothing to show otherwise. Maybe they tricked him and said we have you on tape talking to her or something.

If you look at the map of the area where he was seen following her (Middle and Boundary Streets), 385 where her body was found is is just off to the right. When he left her, he may have headed back into the same direction and was seen on camera again after she was dead. What makes me think this is the time frame the arrest warrant shows 7:45 to 8:28. 8:28 is a precise number, so something gives them that time.
I imagine they also have his cellphone pings that put him in the area. They probably confronted him with so much digital evidence against him that he knew they had him.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    62.9 KB · Views: 122
I just looked up the case
It was Vanessa Marcotte
Angel Ortiz, the predator, is scheduled to appear in court on August 24th
Yeah, sorry. I've mentioned that case over and over in this thread, because I thought it might be relevant. I didn't want to mention it again in my response. But the model is very similar to what happened here, in fact, the resemblance is uncanny in terms of how the crime was carried out. I didn't realize the case was so close. Finally the wheels of justice are moving again.

I've never seen it as a disorder. I see it as an utter lack of conscience and empathy. Andrew Vachss (attorney/child advocate) once said "Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behavior." This sums it up for me.

I find the story important because these types of people end up pointing to pieces of the actual story in these kinds of lies.
Right, but those characteristics you describe are what makes up the disorder. Don't we always say there Has to be something wrong with them to do this? These people are capable of a crime like this BECAUSE they have no empathy or conscience. Not justifying the behavior, but I don't believe he just suddenly went into a rage because she said she was calling police. This was a deliberate act.

Here's what I think happened (skip if you do not want to think about it):

CR was prowling around Brooklyn. He saw Mollie, who he had seen jogging before, and drove around the block a couple of times until he got up the nerve to pull up next to her. He rolled down his window and said something crude (blowing kisses, hi hottie, whatever). She either ignored him, said please leave me alone, or started running away. That triggered him and he got angry - he felt disrespected.

Respectfully snipped the quote, as to reply. Totally agree. Not being a guy, but have wondered if some guys get sexually aroused when angry.

Crazy. Seems like in such a small town that everyone who has surveillance footage would have immediately reviewed it after she disappeared.

Maybe they were out of town for vacation???
I said this early but JMO...

Hmmm...at first when she went missing there wasn’t a lot of info. Maybe she was on a run, maybe she was at home. Snapchat pic inside, homework being done. Everything was so speculated. I’m sure the residence with the tape never would have imagined it would eventually catch this creep. It was probably only a week or two later when LE was begging for any type of info or ideas. Maybe the people weren’t even too familiar with the camera and thought it only kept footage so long. Maybe handing it over, the LE were the experts how to figure out how to back track the footage back to that night. I guess only time will tell if they release that info!

Dear Everyone,

We understand everyone's emotions are running high in Mollie's case.

The fact is the perp is an illegal immigrant. If someone refers to him as such they are, in fact, telling the truth.

What we will not allow is even the slightest hint of a political statement. It doesn't matter how right you think you are or how important you feel your post is to this case, we are not allowing any sort of political statements or politicizing in Mollie's case in any way.

The other fact is these are two different topics.

If you want to discuss how Rivera was able to come into the US illegally or any sort of immigration topic you cannot use Websleuths as your platform. We will not allow it. It doesn't matter that a Republican may have been Rivera's employer. Again, nothing do do with Mollie's case. Let me stress one more time, we will not allow any sort of illegal immigration discussion/political discussion.

Why?

Because within minutes Websleuths would turn into an insult flinging, obscene language posting, making threats against others and more forum. In other words, like most other forums that try and discuss politics.
Websleuths would turn into something unrecognizable.

That's why.

Please stick to the facts of the case and ONLY discuss Mollie's case. The fact is Rivera is an illegal immigrant. That is the only fact to do with illegal immigration that will be allowed.

Please be respectful and help us keep Websleuths an interesting and mature place to post.

Let others fling the mud.

Keep Websleuths classy.

Thank you,
cleardot.gif

Dear Everyone,

We understand everyone's emotions are running high in Mollie's case.

The fact is the perp is an illegal immigrant. If someone refers to him as such they are, in fact, telling the truth.

What we will not allow is even the slightest hint of a political statement. It doesn't matter how right you think you are or how important you feel your post is to this case, we are not allowing any sort of political statements or politicizing in Mollie's case in any way.

The other fact is these are two different topics.

If you want to discuss how Rivera was able to come into the US illegally or any sort of immigration topic you cannot use Websleuths as your platform. We will not allow it. It doesn't matter that a Republican may have been Rivera's employer. Again, nothing do do with Mollie's case. Let me stress one more time, we will not allow any sort of illegal immigration discussion/political discussion.

Why?

Because within minutes Websleuths would turn into an insult flinging, obscene language posting, making threats against others and more forum. In other words, like most other forums that try and discuss politics.
Websleuths would turn into something unrecognizable.

That's why.

Please stick to the facts of the case and ONLY discuss Mollie's case. The fact is Rivera is an illegal immigrant. That is the only fact to do with illegal immigration that will be allowed.

Please be respectful and help us keep Websleuths an interesting and mature place to post.

Let others fling the mud.

Keep Websleuths classy.

Thank you,
cleardot.gif

I agree 100%.

Mollie Tibbetts case mystified police until a security camera offered a key clue - CNN

They watched the footage for hours before they could spot Tibbetts, said Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

The footage showed her running through an area east of Brooklyn and a car moving close to her. The black Chevy Malibu drove back and forth numerous times before it just started following her, according to an affidavit.

They linked the car to Rivera and "from that we were able to track his pattern in the routes in which he took," Rahn said.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-08-22 08.58.08.png
    Screenshot 2018-08-22 08.58.08.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 55
IMO the big take away for women is this: Don't threaten to call the police.... Just call 911.... A threat only gives the other person warning that he or she can react to.

Yes she should have; but she probably thought he would back off. I don't know; but maybe he has approached her in the past.

As soon as she stated that she would 'call the police'; alarm bells started to ring in his head; he was an illegal immigrant and what that would mean for his girlfriend and child.

Thank you Trisha and others for keeping it classy here. This is a my first experience with actually posting for almost an entire case. I've witnessed how respectful the banter is on this site, where we all have the same goal. I've followed many for a few years and have been a member for a while, and it was pretty upsetting to me to read the argumentative and politically uncivil comments that started after the suspect was identified. Too much of that already on SM. Mollie was a beautiful soul and the words of her family as well as the image of Mollie's nature don't seem to support anything but kindness and decorum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C