IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So appalling that their lives are being threatened. They do not deserve this. No one deserves anything bad except for CR himself, and CR alone.

Blaming the farm in ANY capacity makes as much sense as blaming Anadarko for the deaths of Shanann Watt and her three beloved children. CW used a company truck to transport them, and company oil tanks to hide them. Is anyone blaming them? Threatening them? How is this any different.

Which is why I believe it was a blitz attack. Mollie has her earbuds in. Not aware he is approaching. He jumps from his car and quickly disables her putting her in the trunk. He got lucky. Nobody happened by. IMO

• I
This senseless murder has gotten me on edge, and I am only going to post one last thing because I still don't understand what is allowed to be discussed.
1. This person is probably a psychopath/sociopath. He probably has no more control or choice over it than any other predator. A lion needs to chase a gazelle, and will do it even if not hungry. We can't keep looking at human predators as being normal people with regular feelings who just decide one day to harm other people. It could happen if the person's brain experienced some kind of physiological change. Most of the people who are lacking basic feelings and can't resist pursuing and harming others were born that way. This person had no more choice over his behavior than the lion chasing the gazelle.

Does that idea feel uncomfortable and scary? Yes, because we want to believe everyone can be rehabbed, that this can be prevented, that you can prepare yourself and avoid it.

Does this mean I think he therefor has an excuse for his behavior and should be able to use this as a defense? No way in heck. The courts, the laboratories that process evidence, the time the LE spends on policing, the prisons all need to be used to find, process and keep this kind of person out of society. Either until they die, or until there is a treatment that can "fix" whatever is wrong with them permanently.

And these predators are all unique individuals, from all corners of the earth. I include in this definition anyone who has a compulsion, who has shown they can't stop themselves, who repeatedly return to dangerous behavior towards others. In other words, the serial predators and serial criminals who commit atrocities for their own physical desire. There is no reason to allow them to be in general society. Unfortunately, with the lack of understanding of the neurological and psychological makeup of each one, we currently would only be able to take them out of society once they show aberrant behavior.

But if all human beings everywhere would just become aware of the predatory personalities around them, and instead of allowing them access to our lives, and for sure not giving them celebrity status, the chances of what has happened here would be greatly decreased. JMHO, and I am signing off Mollie's discussion because I think she deserves to rest in peace. I just felt I had to say this on her thread because someone, somewhere, might think there is some value to what I am saying and be in a position to implement changes.
I think I get what you are trying to say here, but to be clear and accurate people with anti- social personality disorder are not born that way. Personality forms in childhood, and is shaped through both inherited tendencies and our environment. We do not know the cause. But it is thought to be a combination of the two and can be shaped by many factors. Genes may play a role in its development and life events may TRIGGER it's development. There are plenty of people with this disorder walking around who have never caused harm to anyone,or had the desire. You can't possibly say that they should be taken out of society. You are assuming all psychopaths are predators. Not true. But some predators are psychopaths. There is a big difference. Some of your ideas are coming across as fact, such as the brain experiencing trauma or physiological change can cause one to have a personality disorder. This is not true. Personality Disorders are a result of a combination of heredity and environment. Just because a person is predisposed to anti Per. Dis. Does not mean they will eventually develop one. There are a myriad of circumstances which can play a role.

I can't get his favorite game out of my head - GrandTheftAuto. In that game you get points for running people down. I don't know what this man may have had in his head he was going to do to Mollie once he had her under his control. I can see using the car to knock her out may have been a way to silently gain control of her. Hitting her on that lonely road. Putting her in his truck.

There was something I read today about he supposedly walked her partly into the cornfield and then carried her part way. Not sure where I read it. If someone comes across it please post.

I had wondered if he hit her so hard he killed her. But now with whatever that was I read earlier I am wondering if she was dazed or injured (a concussion? broken bones? both?)

It will take time for the ME report and I am not sure it will be made public. Does it have to be made public? I almost think it might be best to just wait for the court case for the details to come to light. I keep thinking it won't bring her back and her family and the community have been through so much!!!

So horrific to even think about. To be honest, I hope he ran her over and she was killed fast. This idea of her lingering around, injured, terrified or whatever is too hard for the mother (I have 2 young ladies) in me to process. I want to think it was quick and that she wasn't left for dead for who knows how long.

I'll be sorry to see your posts cease on this thread Jabarn, I heard your call in to Tricia's podcast, a good, thoughtful exchange. I do agree, unsolved cases deserve much attention and continued investigation, even one cold case is too many.

Aw, thank you, GV. That means more than you know. We keep on going here, and hope for resolution. ❤️ Our interest IS important.

The talk here about a change of venue is fascinating. It's surprising how little the public -- even members of a forum devoted to this stuff -- knows about how this works.

Have you ever heard of O.J. Simpson? Since the O.J. case, changes of venue rarely happen. Even before that, they rarely happened.

I'm pretty sure everyone in O.J.'s community was familiar with his case, had seen media coverage of it, etc. Knowledge of a case is not enough of a reason to move a trial. Knowledge of a case isn't even enough to disqualify a juror.

In Iowa seems that venue changes alot.

OJ was in Los Angeles., a city of 3 million and an area of what 10-12 million. Bound to be a couple million who didn't pay that much attention.

Brooklyn Iowa has 1500 residents. I would say the people in Brooklyn are a little more intimate with the protagonists.

How about a 'jury of his peers'? What qualifies as 'peers' for the suspect.

I don’t know about this part and it’s confusing me! I saw a Google Earth image of the area where she was attacked (not dumped) and there were 2-3 houses right near there! This was on the MT Facebook group and I’m not sure if the same has been done here to confirm or deny that. If it’s true, then it makes it all the harder to understand exactly how the attack/kidnapping went down.

I don't know how far down 385th it was from the house, but it looks very rural down that dirt road before it turns into Des Moines ave. Also - I haven't looked out my front window in awhile. Maybe they weren't home, maybe they were watching TV in another room, maybe they were putting kids to bed....

There was something I read today about he supposedly walked her partly into the cornfield and then carried her part way. Not sure where I read it. If someone comes across it please post.
i am trying to find that description that Rahn gave, but do remember it. CR said he drug her, than carried her.

Which is why I believe it was a blitz attack. Mollie has her earbuds in. Not aware he is approaching. He jumps from his car and quickly disables her putting her in the trunk. He got lucky. Nobody happened by. IMO
Exactly. These attackers want the initial attack to be effective and fast. The secondary location is where the person can take their time, but the initial attack is quick and the purpose is to gain control and escape notice.

I agree!! He admitted he took her against her will, she died, and he showed LE where he hid her body. He has nothing to offer. He's young and if he had some kind of reduced sentence, he could get out of prison someday.
He will NEVER get out of prison whether he enters a guilty plea or not. JMO

I can't get his favorite game out of my head - GrandTheftAuto. In that game you get points for running people down. I don't know what this man may have had in his head he was going to do to Mollie once he had her under his control. I can see using the car to knock her out may have been a way to silently gain control of her. Hitting her on that lonely road. Putting her in his truck.

I had wondered if he hit her so hard he killed her. But now with whatever that was I read earlier I am wondering if she was dazed or injured (a concussion? broken bones? both?)

It will take time for the ME report and I am not sure it will be made public. Does it have to be made public? I almost think it might be best to just wait for the court case for the details to come to light. I keep thinking it won't bring her back and her family and the community have been through so much!!!

Page 4.
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

Blaming the farm in ANY capacity makes as much sense as blaming Anadarko for the deaths of Shanann Watt and her three beloved children. CW used a company truck to transport them, and company oil tanks to hide them. Is anyone blaming them? Threatening them? How is this any different.

All valid points. The only one to blame here is CR.

It sickens me that someone is paying for him to have a translator - in addition to the one assigned, and a lawyer. Mollie's family could not have likely hired such good representation if they had to pay for this trial.

IMO this is a weird thing to be upset over. Does it sicken you when defendants in other cases get free representation? It’s a GOOD thing that he has proper representation. It doesn’t mean he will get away with his crimes.

It is very possible he will try to plea down. I think the victim’s family can work with the DA to determine if a plea is acceptable. Sometimes it saves a ton of heartache and time that a trial and appeals can bring.

It is also possible that we may never know all of the details - the how’s and the whys.

One thing is certain. This story brought many people together in the spirit of helping find Mollie. And the hope of justice for Mollie. Now that we know Mollie we can carry her with us.

Through reading these posts, I have seen some of the most open, emphatic and smart people band together to face the darkness of this tragedy - and that is not a small thing. It is a light in the dark.

These thoughts are my own opinion.

So often families state that being faced with a trial is as traumatizing as reliving the heartache all over again.

Since Rivera did confess his involvement and lead LE to the body, I agree a plea deal is a possibility. And if Mollie’s family support that, in order to avoid a trial, their wishes should be honoured.

The autopsy was to be performed today and I recall mention it may be sealed but I don’t know that as a fact. Regardless, the autopsy results will weight heavily on how this case progresses in my opinion.

I mean that instead of going with a public defender, someone has stepped in to make sure he gets the best representation possible, and that's not cheap.
Probably someone who cares that he doesn't get rolled over by our judicial system and the public. Which neither is exactly "kindly" toward immigrants (a disgusting aspect of this country).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members