IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tibbetts clothing was also found at the scene." <--This implies the clothes were found separate from the body. Is it a fact that clothing was found at the scene? Yes. Does it mean the clothes weren't on the body? No.

But then look at this:
Man leads police to body, faces murder charge in Mollie Tibbetts case - CNN

"A body, dressed in Tibbetts' clothing, was covered in corn leaves." <--Was there a body? Yes. Was it dressed in clothing? Yes.

More bodies will turn up if it wasn't his first time. And more victims of assault/harassment will appear if this wasn't the first time.
Reporters get it wrong more times than not, I would go by the arrest warrant wording

We will sadly find out soon

Moo

I'm so saddened by Mollie's story. It's just so "girl in small town" ... where you would *think* someone would be safe going for a run. We were out to dinner last night and sat at the bar. The people next to us were discussing her being found. It has touched so many, not just us online sleuths and her family and friends. I'm sickened by this creep who attacked her. And I just can't get it out of my mind.

This is my interpretation after watching the PC again:

LE is remaining very tight lipped about what transpired from the time Mollie was taken, to the time she was left in the cornfield. While the autopsy results are still pending, and this is an ongoing investigation in which the integrity needs to be protected, I do believe this lack of information about what happened to Mollie after she was taken could also be to respect Mollie’s privacy and her family’s, at least at this time. The details may come out later after the autopsy, and in the court proceedings/affadavit’s, surely it has to, right? But at this time IMO they are not mentioning anything about SA, which IMO, was likely the motive. Maybe they are just waiting for the evidence, and perhaps CR has still not admitted to assaulting her.

- sorry having a hard time explaining myself this morning. This post might not be very clear.

Last edited:
Regarding his alleged confession to LE I dont think we will have to worry too much about it even if it is somehow inadmissable because I believe DNA testing will prove a link to this perp and the victim.

This sounds insane to me. I’m 6’0” and I guess I’m considered “tall” although I don’t think I feel all that tall. And I’m only 6 inches taller than somebody who would a complex about how short he is? I don’t buy it.

Does Admin know we have a 'tall person' on the site? They might have to raise the ceiling!!:)

Regarding his alleged confession to LE I dont think we will have to worry too much about it even if it is somehow inadmissable because I believe DNA testing will prove a link to this perp and the victim.

Yes - that's what I want to hear. I want to hear there is DNA. I'm fairly confident there will be, in some form or another.

We await...

jmo

Last edited:
OK, we're not supposed to criticize LE. So, what might be the reason that they waited a month before telling the general public what behaviors the perp might have? (Including unusual reactions when people are discussing the ossicle crime.)
Criticism of LE is allowed. Just accept that others might not agree with the criticism.

jmopinion

Previous thread mentioned that LE had previously searched the exact cornfield she was found in. Was that post made in error, or is there a link where this is confirmed?

I suspect that the post was made in error. I'm perfectly willing to be proved wrong. Let's see the link!

To me its all been way to neatly wrapped up in a matter of hours.

Some of what doesn't make sense to me is he refused an appointed attorney, didn't speak any English in the arraignment, not even yes and no. So I don't see him jogging beside her having a conversation as there would have been a language barrier.

Maybe this guy found the body on a farm he worked on and reported it?

Does this guy even know what the police report says?

If I see DNA in his trunk etc, that's enough for me. They said in the police report she was bleeding in his trunk so should be plenty there.

This sounds insane to me. I’m 6’0” and I guess I’m considered “tall” although I don’t think I feel all that tall. And I’m only 6 inches taller than somebody who would a complex about how short he is? I don’t buy it.
I'm not sure a "Napolian Complex" is what is an issue for him. What we CAN agree on is this person has many inadequacies and possibly overcompensates for these shortcomings. We as observers can easily see that but the narcissistic personality is unable to.

Some of what doesn't make sense to me is he refused an appointed attorney, didn't speak any English in the arraignment, not even yes and no. So I don't see him jogging beside her having a conversation as there would have been a language barrier.

That's what is strange. He needed an interpreter, but now we have, at least, 2 articles I've seen this morning where locals talk about texting with him, and carrying on long conversations. Sounds like he hung out often with the locals and seemed to have a good grasp of the English language. Not too sure how all of the sudden he needs an interpreter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG