IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?

"Honestly, it's a miracle he confessed and showed LE the body." this.......why did he? This is the part I do not understand he says he in essence can't remember the killing but the shows LE where the body is. Make no sense to me at all. Why not just deny it completely.

They had him on Vid..Gotcha!

I believe Mollie did not hear him sneak up on her , he wacked her from behind, threw her in the trunk, took her to the cornfield , I don't want to think about what was done in the cornfield, killed her , covered her with corn. Left and got his car washed.
I believe Mollie would have fought him off if she saw him and won, he is only 5'3"
Where would he be able to assault her on the side of the road?
So it was like a hit and run and I pray Mollie was unaware of what was happening due to her head injury.
He "blocked" nothing out--just something he came up with after he killed her. I thank God he never got to Mexico!!!

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?
You may be right. In many killings like this, there is a precipitating stressor that triggers the behavior of the offender. A fight, a breakup, job loss, money problems, etc.

in the court video he just seemed to have a flat personality to me. just nothing, not a frown, not a smirk, no attempt to not look at cameras when they were getting him out of police vehical and bringing him in. nothing. made me feel almost like he was lacking a soul, I don't know how to put it.
I know exactly what you mean. Dead eyes.

Excellent point.

I think he just bent them over.

Corn roots are superficial, not at all like small tree roots. Many are visible. Field corn can have extensive roots, but still superficial. A skilled person can bend over the stalks at the base without killing the plant. And they are so dense, it would be the perfect mechanism to hide something.

A sharp object was the murder weapon. I do not believe the killer used his hands to break off very tall, thick green corn stalks to cover the body.

Thats another good point. Full grown corn stalks can be hard to pull out of the ground. And you cannot really break them in half to separate them. They will bend in half but you cant hardly tear them in half.

It makes me wonder if he had like a large machete or something. I am afraid we are going to find out some really bad horrific things happened to MT.

why was he trying to say she had a head injury? I think its possible he either hit her on the head, she fell and hit her head, then he took her to the area she was found, SA and then the sharp force injuries. Poor Mollie :*(

The reported cause of death changes everything. This case just became much more frightening. If she was killed on her route, there would be blood everywhere. He'd have been covered in it. Dismissing his confession, I'd say he'd been looking for someone to take for awhile now and knew exactly where to hold someone. He drove out there looking for her as he'd seen her before, saw her jogging and kidnapped her, held her for 3 weeks in a location where nobody could hear. The phone and fitbit were destroyed at WC's farm land, on the way to the hiding place, trying to frame him. That poster that talked about WC following him may have been the killer. The pleas to release Mollie didn't sway him. He hated women and took out his frustrations on her.
It rained a lot that early morning. Multiple sharp wounds indicate a rage-heat of the moment crime. No holding her anywhere. I think he killed her in the corn field and didn't care about the blood evidence. He thought she wouldn't ever be found. And I don't think he was crafty enough to try and frame anyone. The cops focused on WC because of his criminal history and the digital footprint. MOO

Ha! Bad technique. One hand on the corn, the other on the end. Quick snap. Only wimps use knives. :) (teasing)

I suppose preparing corn is like picking crabs, or something regional. You learn it from constant repetition. My mother and grandmother could totally strip all the kernels off the corn in a microsecond with an extremely sharp 'corn knife'.

This may be stupid but: on average there are 800 kernels on an ear of corn (can be 400). Usually 16 rows. Rows are almost always even number -- they are the female parts. the tassel is the male part. There is one silk per kernel.

Yep. Kind of like knowing how to shuck it and get all the silks off at once. I had lots of repetition starting at a young age.

Please. LE, honor our nation's justice that is based on the rule of law not revenge. Please, everyone, let's not wish for more violence on top of violence.

This perp will be sent to jail for the rest of his life. That is just (and also likely violent for those who take pleasure in knowing that).

jmo

ITD, I understand your point, we can respectfully agree to disagree. 3 hots and a cot paid for by the American taxpayer for the rest of his (un)natural life is not my idea of justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
we also don't know who the car exactly belonged to. it could have been a car that he at least felt like was his exactly without reguard to whos name was on the title. he might have kept a lot of his belongings in his car for all we know. I know here around me the migrant or whatever you want to call them workers pile up in any structure that will keep the rain off them and room for a sleeping bag is room enough and the cars/trucks they drive are full of what looks like everything they own in their life.
I’m pretty tired these days of many people’s total lack of regard for doing the right thing, following the rules, and having some integrity and ethics for fellow human beings.

well we have our first lie. He says he was running beside her, she rebuffed him and the next thing he knows an earbud is in his lap which indicated to him he had a woman in his trunk, he opened the trunk there was blood on her head so he drove her to cornfield and hid her body. Now we know that she was stabbed repeatedly, and that stabbing didn't occur where he met her on the street or there would have been blood.

I really can't fathom *no one* noticed any sort of change in him that night or in the weeks after. He must really be a silent type, cool as a cucumber. Or the folks around him pay him no mind. I mean, some people just aren't observant, I guess. But then, we don't exactly go thru our days thinking someone we interact with has just murdered a woman basically the whole world's looking for. Just puzzling, imho.

I think it was just him and the gf in the trailer, the others lived in the house and said they didn’t know much about him.

"Honestly, it's a miracle he confessed and showed LE the body." this.......why did he? This is the part I do not understand he says he in essence can't remember the killing but the shows LE where the body is. Make no sense to me at all. Why not just deny it completely.

Killers love attention. They also like to torture the justice system.

This is what police expected with a violent offender:
  • Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th
That abduction, assault, murder, clean-up would have taken hours.

He may have gone straight to work. Most milking starts early -4:00am some even earlier.

ITD, I understand your point, we can agree to disagree on this point. 3 hots and a cot paid for by the American taxpayer for the rest of his (un)natural life is not my idea of justice.
True. But there’s always the hope of “prison justice” for those of us unsatisfied by a life sentence.

Ha! Bad technique. One hand on the corn, the other on the end. Quick snap. Only wimps use knives. :) (teasing)

I suppose preparing corn is like picking crabs, or something regional. You learn it from constant repetition. My mother and grandmother could totally strip all the kernels off the corn in a microsecond with an extremely sharp 'corn knife'.

This may be stupid but: on average there are 800 kernels on an ear of corn (can be 400). Usually 16 rows. Rows are almost always even number -- they are the female parts. the tassel is the male part. There is one silk per kernel.
Amazing what you can learn on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme