IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does anyone else think CR looks older than 23? Wish we knew who he really is.
Many people get jobs in distant places because they have a friend or relative who worked in that area or for a certain company. I think he has gotten by, in life, intentionally impersonating the "age" of a much younger person. (His small stature and slimness probably made the assumed identity of a younger person believable. But his face belies his age and evil.) I think we will find he was a handful and difficult teen in his hometown... history has a way of saying, "I told you so."

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?
Were they identified as his parents? I didn't know that.

Anybody surprised at the details that LE shared i.e. him jogging next to Mollie, the “block/black out”, the ear buds and the trunk? Was it necessary to share his story with the public? Did they try to get that story out so after ME’s findings it would become apparent that the story is a lie?
Did he ever ask for an attorney during the confession-could one have actually been present while he shared that story? I’m just trying to piece together how LE first started looking at him (beyond the footage), and where we are today.
I can’t say for sure but likely the arrest warrant is public information and they wanted to share prior to it being made public. JMO but his “story” is what led to his arrest along with him leading them to the body according to that document.

The reported cause of death changes everything. This case just became much more frightening. If she was killed on her route, there would be blood everywhere. He'd have been covered in it. Dismissing his confession, I'd say he'd been looking for someone to take for awhile now and knew exactly where to hold someone. He drove out there looking for her as he'd seen her before, saw her jogging and kidnapped her, held her for 3 weeks in a location where nobody could hear. The phone and fitbit were destroyed at WC's farm land, on the way to the hiding place, trying to frame him. That poster that talked about WC following him may have been the killer. The pleas to release Mollie didn't sway him. He hated women and took out his frustrations on her.

Wow I hadn’t thought of that - is it possible that he did hold her captive for a while and then killed her and put her in the cornfield? That would make this even more horrific. I’m assuming the autopsy would show how long she has been dead? If it showed she was killed more recent than 5 weeks, that would mean he kept her alive a while, right?

ITD, I understand your point, we can respectfully agree to disagree. 3 hots and a cot paid for by the American taxpayer for the rest of his (un)natural life is not my idea of justice.

From what I've read, the death penalty costs tax payers quite a bit more than LWOP. (I'm not arguing for or against, just commenting on tax payer dollars)

New study of Utah’s use of the death penalty suggests life without parole costs less, prompts another call to abolish capital punishment

To execute or not: A question of cost?

Several articles in this thread.

Anyone think he knew she was home alone that night? Imagine someone was home, they would have noticed her missing almost immediately.

No, I don't think her being alone that night had anything to do with it. But since she ran regularly, he likely saw her out and knew the times of her runs.

Today's autopsy revealed she died of multiple sharp force injuries It doesn't say knife, but that is the most likely weapon that comes to mind to most of us.

Mollie Tibbetts cause of death: Iowa student died from "multiple sharp force injuries," autopsy finds - CBS News
Also could have been used to cut the corn stalks to cover her. They would be able to find trace blood on the stalks if this is the case. Very depressing to think of these realities, but sometimes the world needs this anger in enough volume of people to bring change to this desperate world. I find myself searching my brain to think of some small thing I can do to help make this world a safer place.

Easy for any adult to break off with no knife whatsoever.

Very common. I probably have two or three, and I live in town. But nobody uses them for corn, and it would be highly unlikely for an employee of a dairy farm to carry one around in the trunk of his car.
No idea what his role at that farm might be. If he’s hacking weeds and fixing fence there would be a number of sharp tools he would commonly use.

Today's autopsy revealed she died of multiple sharp force injuries It doesn't say knife, but that is the most likely weapon that comes to mind to most of us.

Mollie Tibbetts cause of death: Iowa student died from "multiple sharp force injuries," autopsy finds - CBS News
But then wouldn't it say " multiple stab wounds?" There are so many other things it could be. Could be a hatchet for all we know, or any type of chopping device. Wouldn't they have been more definative if they thought it was a knife? Can they tell the difference?

Snipped

You might be right! This is the first explanation that makes sense out of the idea that she was being held alive. Maybe the perp didn't disable her phone like everyone assumed a perp would do immediately. The phone continued to ping, which gave hope she was still alive.

Not sure that happened, of course, but it is something to consider.

jmo
Yeah if the report of a ping near the pig farm was accurate, he did not disable the phone until they were near where she was found IMO. Leading me to the conclusion he is not a pro at this at all. He would have been better off IMO leaving the phone in Brooklyn rather than driving around with it pinging.

I'm not saying I believe him for a second, but alcoholics do have blackouts and do sometimes drive cars and act crazy while having them. I have personal experience with two people I knew who did both things.
Was he known to be an alcoholic? If not, then what type of blackout could he have had, if he actually had a blackout?
Must have been an I'm-such-a--even-I-can't-believe-it blackout.

The trailer on Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

That is an interesting link. Photographs of the suspects living quarters.

In my experience, that is a very atypical place. Most Iowa farmers (agribusiness) are German. Their places tend to be perfect. (If you have been to Germany you know the Germans are very organized and tidy) The suspects living area is a rural slum, and very run down. Most the German farms are well kept (anymore to be a farmer takes a college degree -- at least a BS in agribusiness, if not more. It's a business).

If we saw a place like that there would be one of two reasons: 'a bachelor' or 'Irish'. I don't mean to disparage anyone but that is what people would say. Being Irish, I know we tend to be pretty messy.

(Is that the black Malibu in the one photo?)

I brought up his height and the reason I did is this. He is on the short side, He has an ex girlfriend.

Many men like to have girlfriends. I imagine his choices of girls to date are limited which could include his small stature.

He may be like so many killers who feel they are entitled to women. I am guessing he would not have a lot of luck in finding women to date.

He appears to think he is very hot on his FB. But the reality is probably it was not working in real life.

He peobably has seen Mollie around a lot this summer and it inspired a plan. There may be other girls who were out alone as well.

I wonder if used violence on women he was involved with. The girlfriends may have never fought back,

It makes no sense that he ran beside her unless it was for a couple of seconds. After all, there was the parked car to get back to.

I wonder if he thought Molly would be thrilled to go with a hot guy like him in a fancy black car.q
I also feel the same about his ego / entitlement to women and posted it once I saw his photo and FB.
I’d guess he had been rejected by girls “out of his league” and he decided to fix that.

But then wouldn't it say " multiple stab wounds?" There are so many other things it could be. Could be a hatchet for all we know, or any type of chopping device. Wouldn't they have been more definative if they thought it was a knife? Can they tell the difference?
We don't know it was a knife. The info released today did not include info about the weapon.

It could've been a knife, which seems most likely. But that is not a known fact. It could have been an ice pick or stick for all we know.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member