IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had him on Vid..Gotcha!

I believe Mollie did not hear him sneak up on her , he wacked her from behind, threw her in the trunk, took her to the cornfield , I don't want to think about what was done in the cornfield, killed her , covered her with corn. Left and got his car washed.
I believe Mollie would have fought him off if she saw him and won, he is only 5'3"
Where would he be able to assault her on the side of the road?
So it was like a hit and run and I pray Mollie was unaware of what was happening due to her head injury.
He "blocked" nothing out--just something he came up with after he killed her. I thank God he never got to Mexico!!!
Mollie was 5'3", not the suspect.
I don't understand why people think a woman is going to win fighting against a man. Men are generally stronger then women. And this was a small woman.

Do you think they really have a more accurate timeline considering the surveillance video is potentionally time stamped? I suppose this depends on what kind of surveillance device it is depends on the accuracy.

Just to clarify :

1900 block of 385th Ave

Suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera allegedly abducted Mollie Tibbetts from this location on July 18, sometime between 7:45 p.m and 8:28 p.m., police said.

460th Ave. near Highway 21

A rural road at this intersection was closed on Tuesday morning. A body law enforcement believes is Mollie Tibbetts was found in this area.

These locations are roughly 10 miles apart from each other.

Now remember the autopsy only said cause of death was sharp force injury's. That does not mean there were not other injury's involved that she could have survived from. I think he knocked her out on street and carried her to his car.
I believe she likely had other injuries that were part of the assault, but yes, he would almost have to have had a way to subdue her at the point of abduction because I don't know that just waving a knife at her would compel her to get in the car and certainly not the trunk, no matter how frightened she was. And this had to have happened very fast because he ran a risk of being seen. He could have hit with anything before she even saw it coming. I really don't buy the running and phone grabbing story. I think she was ambushed and had no time or ability to react.

JMO
I agree. We already know he lied already. Because the way he had us believing was he just got mad while he was running alongside her. NO He brought some kind of weapon along with him in order to stab her. So its not like he wanted to have a friendly chat with her. He brought a weapon!

His story is a bunch of crud IMO.

His intent was to rape her from the get go. He saw her jogging on streets that he knew would have no houses around and so he took that opportunity to attack her, rape her, and kill her.

Waiting for more news to confirm.

I agree. Anyway, if she was killed elsewhere, there will be evidence of that. So it will be easy to prove.

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?
She’s not “ex”- they were living together.

It seems to me possible he could have been completely ticked off at his ex girlfriend and perhaps his inability to get any other girl (romantically), so in a jealous, p*ssed-off fury, he chased down and killed a girl he’d never be able to get and who was happy. Because he wasn’t happy.

But why would the ex girlfriend be sitting at the court hearing? And do his parents who were also there live in the Brooklyn area?

I thought he was still with his girlfriend until he got arrested and that's when she moved out. Anyone else know something about that?

Also I didn't think it said stalls but leaves. When corn grows the leaves on the bottom die from lack of sun. There were probably plenty he could scoop up and cover her with.

I bet her phone/Fitbit are with her. It rained heavily that night no doubt ruining her phone. I think that's why they spent so much time at those farms. Her phone no doubt pinged for a long time there so LE figured she was held there for those hours before the phone was ruind or went dead.

ETA: Man leads police to body, faces murder charge in Mollie Tibbetts case - CNN

CNN said leaves

Mollie was 5'3", not the suspect.
I don't understand why people think a woman is going to win fighting against a man. Men are generally stronger then women. And this was a small woman.
Exactly. He was bigger, stronger, and motivated by rage. He also had the benefit of being on the offensive, while she only had the opportunity to attempt to fend off his attack. He also appears to have been armed. Mollie had no chance.

Exactly. He was bigger, stronger, and motivated by rage. He also had the benefit of being on the offensive, while she only had the opportunity to attempt to fend off his attack. He also appears to have been armed. Mollie had no chance.
He also apparently had a sharp weapon (presumably some sort of knife).

Today's autopsy revealed she died of multiple sharp force injuries It doesn't say knife, but that is the most likely weapon that comes to mind to most of us.

Mollie Tibbetts cause of death: Iowa student died from "multiple sharp force injuries," autopsy finds - CBS News

This is so awful. I had hope for her to be found alive.

I think his "black out" moments are really fits of rage, he most likely uses the term "black out" as a cover. I bet his mothers knows exactly what he's capable of.

Except on two other occasions he followed girls in his car, one time circling 6 times.

I think he had this idea for quite some time, and just now had the opportunity where no one was around.

I disagree. He took incredible risks. It doesn’t take any measure of sophistication to drag a woman into a field and kill her.

The police didn’t struggle to find him because this was so well planned, they struggled to find him precisely because it wasn’t.

When the victim doesn’t have a connection to the suspect, it is much harder to find the killer. This guy benefited from that.

Completely agree. 100%

Her phone no doubt pinged for a long time there so LE figured she was held there for those hours before the phone was ruind or went dead.
Snipped

You might be right! This is the first explanation that makes sense out of the idea that she was being held alive. Maybe the perp didn't disable her phone like everyone assumed a perp would do immediately. The phone continued to ping, which gave hope she was still alive.

Not sure that happened, of course, but it is something to consider.

jmo

Anybody surprised at the details that LE shared i.e. him jogging next to Mollie, the “block/black out”, the ear buds and the trunk? Was it necessary to share his story with the public? Did they try to get that story out so after ME’s findings it would become apparent that the story is a lie?
Did he ever ask for an attorney during the confession-could one have actually been present while he shared that story? I’m just trying to piece together how LE first started looking at him (beyond the footage), and where we are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro