IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Daily Mail get these stories? Do they pay people for interviews?

That backstory on the subject gives far more information than any American media piece.
They do have people on the ground there but with the amount of exclusives they have, they must be paying for stories.

I think by "blocked" he means he doesn't want to talk about it. I don't think he actually has a memory loss.

I think he means he gets in a rage and this thoughts get messed up and he can't think straight. He just acts upon the rage and impulse. As someone posted on a previous thread, it's "seeing red" (not a black out or block out). He can remember - it's just a mess in his head and hard to admit aloud.

I DO NOT have an ounce of sympathy for him, but I think that is what "blocked out" means. My guess only.

jmo
My point was that it is an admission by CR that he has had previous "rages." I'm betting LE are looking for previous crimes. The look on his face in court shows he's pizzled he got caught.

it cost at least 3x as much in the 90's and im sure it has skyrocketed since. I did a term paper on it.

Do you mean death penalty cost more? or life on parole costs more?

That paper sounds like it would be fascinating to write!

Corn stalks bend near the ground very easily. One wouldn't have to cut it at all.

I agree that maybe he just bent over a lot of them and angled them down to cover her.

I have found it very difficult to pull one up out of the ground when I grew corn years ago. And its almost impossible to break them clean in half. You can easily bend them in half though. Just not separate them.

Guys! I'm just getting home from work and there is no way I can catch myself up here, these threads are moving way too fast. Can someone just tell me one thing? Do we know her time/day of death? I'm seeing some confusion regarding her obituary..... I promise to go back and skim through later, but this is huge on my "need to know" list. If she didn't die the night of her last jog, where could CR have been keeping her? This is getting so disturbing, poor Mollie.
There’s no definitive answer as to the day/time of death. If the suspect is to be believed, she died not long after she began her run on the evening of July 18.

I'm really sad. The one thing I was hoping was that she was instantly killed so she didn't feel much fear or pain in the end. Guess good old CR couldn't even give her that. This whole thing is truly a nightmare. :(

I don't think his capture OR his confession is a 'miracle' at all, and I believe that will be revealed as time goes on.

I do find it curious that there are conflicting reports about whether or not CR and his gf were still together. If it's true that they were still together, then that increases the odds that a) he's assaulted her, and b) she would have noticed something 'off'. If it's true that they'd broken up, it's curious to me that a) he'd allow her to leave (if he's a raging psychopath), and b) he didn't attack and rage kill her (that would be a better crime of passion 'fit').

Why don't you think it was a miracle that he was captured? It was basically a needle in a haystack. He wasn't on the radar, all they had was a make and model of a car that wasn't even registered to him.

It would have been quite a while before the body was even found imo, and evidence would have probably long been gone. And even if he left DNA hes not in the system anyway.

LE seemingly knew almost immediately where her body probably was because of her phone and devoted a ton of resources searching that area and still couldn't find her.

If he just lawyered up right away and didn't say anything, or denied he was driving the car, they would have had trouble putting a case together. Unless they have a smoking gun of some sort that we're not aware of.

the car pictured is def an impala. a Malibu has a completely different tail light.

The car in the photo appears to be an 00-05 Chevy Impala. It could look like a 08-11 Chevy Malibu, however the distance from wheel well to bumper is longer in a Impala.

Is LE wrong that the suspect was driving an Impala and not a Malibu?

Initially I read that also, that the girlfriend is now living with her mother, implying she just moved there. We also heard it was cornstalks when they first announced the body was found so maybe it was a combination, whatever he could find quickly. About the phone, her boyfriend said it was turned off or the battery was dead first thing the next morning. I don't see him leaving it on though, I would think he turned it off right away and that's the last time it pinged.

Yeah, her given address before is the same residence he lived in. She is allegedly now living with her mother.

so my question would be if she moved in with her mother was it because she wanted nothing to do with him anymore or because he was no longer employed by the dairy and the dairy owned where they lived.
IMO I would assume the farm would not put her and a child on the street considering the circumstances but I’m sure she would not want to stay there probably for several reasons: most farm worker housing involves living with multiple people and perhaps media knowing where she would be.

It appears to be, they called it an Impala but with the spoiler on the back I think it is actually a Malibu.

Fromt this same article

"A friend of the Monarrez family, Christina Evans, 53, told DailyMail.com she had met Rivera at parties and tried to flirt with him, only to learn he had a girlfriend.

However she says that did not stop Rivera trying to hit on Daniela Monarrez, who is believed to be a cousin of Iris Monarrez, his long-term partner and the mother of his toddler girl.

'He was a nice kid. I'm divorced, he's good looking and I used to flirt with him. But he was always very shy and scared, I think I'm a little too rambunctious for him,' said Evans."

No comment needed.

"Evans said she only saw Cristhian step out of line once when he made a move three years ago on Daniela, who attended the same high school as Mollie and Iris.

'He was sat next to her on the couch at a party. He wasn't confident with the girls but that night he acted like a horny young dude.

'He was saying things to her and then he touched her leg. She found it uncomfortable.

'She told one on the guys and they took him outside and told him not to mess with her family.

Prior behavior - previous example of his predatory nature.

"Something must have happened to make him flip. I just had him down as a quiet, shy kid.'

Many predators appear shy because they are socially awkward. Something making him "flip" yeah being rejected. He didn't pull this crap on the girl at the party because there were men there that took him outside and put him in his place. They probably kept an eye on him after that anytime he was ever near one of their loved ones. So he started venturing outside....

WOW just WOW!!! The other young girl he approached in the car was shy, therefore his TYPE. Mollie not sooo much. Either he really didn't know Mollie very well or suddenly grew a pair and got brave.

21st?? Does that mean she was kept alive for 3 days??

I imagine you've already been told that Mollie disappeared in July.

Unfortunately, I have personal experience to clear up the day of death listed in the obituary. The day of death is listed as the day the body was found & declared dead, not the day the person actually died. It's confusing, but that's how it works.

The car in the photo appears to be an 00-05 Chevy Impala. It could look like a 08-11 Chevy Malibu, however the distance from wheel well to bumper is longer in a Impala.

Is LE wrong that the suspect was driving an Impala and not a Malibu?

We can be very certain the vehicle the accused was driving that day has been impounded by LE because it was involved in the crime and Daily Mail did not photograph it in anyone’s yard just a day or two ago.

How does the Daily Mail get these stories? Do they pay people for interviews?

That backstory on the subject gives far more information than any American media piece.

They're paying a couple local reporters to work the case. They continue to put out the best work on this case imo.

The rest of the site still looks like a cesspool, a bunch of celebrity stuff, but they've put out so many great in depth stories about this case. Very impressed.

The people I knew did sleep afterwords and the next morning had no memory of what they had said or done.
Ok, say he “blacked out” — How is it then possible he led investigators back to her “by memory”? -As per the Affidavit.

I'm really sad. The one thing I was hoping was that she was instantly killed so she didn't feel much fear or pain in the end. Guess good old CR couldn't even give her that. This whole thing is truly a nightmare. :(

I think it's still a highly possible that she did not live long past her leaving for her jog. Looks like family may be using the date they found her body as the 'date of death'. I'm 1000% hopeful too that it was fast and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67