Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Mollie.......
I'm so glad they caught her killer. He could have been anyone of any race. He is just a guy with a sick mind who decided to murder Mollie. Criminal sick minds that can viciously attack another human being are in all kinds of places all over the world. Rivera has been caught, thank goodness. He will pay to the greatest extent of the law.

kkdj, how long do you think it will be until the trial?

Something I've been wondering about but keep forgetting about when I post. Can anyone think of any good reason why he would have brought her cell phone with them or allowed her to? He obviously knew she had it since he says she pulled it out and threatened to call LE. If she was holding it when he attacked her, it seems like she'd be likely to drop it in the struggle. Would there be a good reason to pick it up and bring it with rather than either leaving it or throwing it out into the field there? Maybe I'm expecting to much to want to find some logic in this whole thing.
I don't believe a word of CR's story at this point. Until evidence is presented to confirm his words, I choose to believe he did not know about the phone until later in the cornfield. If MT was not holding the phone, where would she have had it where CR would not immediately realize it was on her person?

MULTIPLE Sharp FORCE objects. Specifically. Not ‘stab wounds’ which would have been specified.
On a farm? What is NOT more common than a pitchfork?

• I read it as multiple sharp force injuries. As in she had multiple injuries from a sharp object. Maybe I'm wrong.....and that's ok.

His story claims that the headphones were still on her when he opened the trunk. That to me at least makes me think he smacked her in the head with something that either knocked her out or killed her. If there was any kind of struggle the headphones would have probably flew off in the struggle.
Sorry to ask this, but do you have a link to that? What I've seen has said they he told them he realized she was in the trunk when he saw the earbud in his lap, but I don't remember him saying she had on headphones. TIA

Can we volunteer to be a volunteer mod? I hate how the threads get shut down at night. I have awful insomnia and enjoy the company on here from other night owls and our overseas colleagues.
I agree. I’m on here until early morning most nights. Traffic slows down late at night, and the developments in this case, have led to fewer posts overall. I think someone like a “verified attorney” would be responsible enough to handle it. Just saying.

I don't believe a word of CR's story at this point. Until evidence is presented to confirm his words, I choose to believe he did not know about the phone until later in the cornfield. If MT was not holding the phone, where would she have had it where CR would not immediately realize it was on her person?
She wore it in an armband.

Something I've been wondering about but keep forgetting about when I post. Can anyone think of any good reason why he would have brought her cell phone with them or allowed her to?

His first thought was probably to take the evidence with him. Not sure..

Maybe he took her to WC property first so her phone would ping there, they become fixated with WC due to his history (small community, I’m sure he knew, maybe even worked at WV farm at one time) then took her wherever next. I don’t think he is a clueless as he puts on.
Sadly nothing will shock me about the this case any more.
Devastated for Mollie, her family and DJ.
His brazen and reckless actions in the initial attack and abduction, just don’t jibe with the idea that this guy would think to perpetrate an attempted “frame job” of WC. I personally think that he is just as stupid as he seems.

I think we're dealing with a really dumb criminal who just got incredibly lucky with timing and the weather. We know from COD in the autopsy that his story isn't true. I know a lot of people think the story is completely made up. I thought - and maybe still think - that it's largely true but he omitted the worst parts with his fake blackout.

If his confession is completely false, he still confessed to first degree murder. He managed to not think of any of the ways someone could have died without it being intentional murder. This is not a very bright guy.

His brazen and reckless actions in the initial attack and abduction, just don’t jibe with the idea that this guy would think to perpetrate an attempted “frame job” of WC. I personally think that he is just as stupid as he seems.

I think it was a happy (for him) coincidence that WC was nearby and looked so fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187