Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the clothing is in such a position to indicate sexual assault, I’m not confident on them being able to make a determination in that regard. It’s highly unlikely that any semen could have survived in those conditions, especially for that length of time.
Not to be indelicate, but in the vaginal canal the DNA from any potential interaction with the penis would be there and if there were any semen it would be detectable. DNA's half life is 521 years. If you have a sample to compare it against, a month is not going to matter.

Does anyone think maybe her body didn't decompose super fast due to the corn stalks covering her body? Isn't it actually hard to make corn stalks decompose? Or would the heat/rain make none of this matter?

Maybe the corn stalks and the corn field helped protect her from the sun. The night temperagure was mid 50F to 62F. If she was protected from the sun, maybe the temperature was cooler on the ground. I don't know. Hopefully she was protected from the elements and there is DNA evidence and clear manner of death.

Not to be indelicate, but in the vaginal canal the DNA from any potential interaction with the penis would be there and if there were any semen it would be detectable. DNA's half life is 521 years. If you have a sample to compare it against, a month is not going to matter.

Authorities would have the suspect's DNA; he would be compelled to comply, as with fingerprints.

Advanced decomposition may mean that the DNA is not viable.

Does anyone think maybe her body didn't decompose super fast due to the corn stalks covering her body? Isn't it actually hard to make corn stalks decompose? Or would the heat/rain make none of this matter?

If you don't shred them, it does take awhile for them to break down, even in heat/rain, I think. But they attract a variety of bugs... How to Compost Cornstalks

Maybe there was a struggle in the car.

Maybe he parked ahead of her on Boundary, blocking her route to her mother's house. What if he ran towards her and threw her in the back of his car. Jessica Ridgeway's killer did exactly that and he was only 17 years old. Maybe Mollie was temporarily incapacitated, came to in the back of the car, there was a struggle, something happened at 8:28PM near 1900 385 Ave, and he found the ear bud in the front seat.
He did state to the effect it was "in his lap".... like just sitting there, landed. But at that point, she was already in the trunk, not the backseat. If we believe him.

Maybe that was the time where he decided to put her in the trunk, so she wouldn't interfere with his ability to drive, nor would any witness view her in his car, nor have the potential to hear her. He's lying. MOO When the piece was "in his lap" she was, in fact, maybe still in his back seat, not the trunk.

‘I only went for the sake of our daughter.’ Shaken former girlfriend of alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts tells why she turned up at court to watch the alleged illegal immigrant face first degree murder charges
I'm chalking it up to immaturity and a myopic view. Children can pick up stress and negativity and believe me I pray she does not remember this. I Have memories back when I was in a stroller and my mother confirmed these (nothing big.. just landmarks like cresting over a hill and seeing Lake Erie and seeing my own shadow). She is not doing her child any favors and I hope she reconsiders what is best in the big picture next time. JMO

I looked at the research on it and it appears that sperm degrades quite quickly. We’re talking about DNA from sperm specifically and not DNA in general.

Unless the clothing is in such a position to indicate sexual assault, I’m not confident on them being able to make a determination in that regard. It’s highly unlikely that any semen could have survived in those conditions, especially for that length of time.
I wonder if there might be touch dna from him near her crotch if she had any skin left. Likewise, if he kept the clothes he was wearing for some reason in a trash bag without washing them, it's possible touch dna from her could be inside his underwear. It's possible there wasn't a SA, and he just didn't want to talk about how he carved her up.

I wonder if there might be touch dna from him near her crotch if she had any skin left. Likewise, if he kept the clothes he was wearing for some reason in a trash bag without washing them, it's possible touch dna from her could be inside his underwear. It's possible there wasn't a SA, and he just didn't want to talk about how he carved her up.
I’m not an expert but we have to factor in the conditions here. Touch DNA survives for far longer in a contained environment than out in the elements.

<modsnipped- off topic>

And one last thing. The theory of OCAMS RAZOR SUCKS.

This seems rather Occam's Razorish, doesn't it?

Opportunist grabs Mollie during her evening jog to her mother's house. She is within minutes of her mother's house when she encounters a stranger who has been circling the block waiting for her, and who admits running to her and putting her in his car. He admits to finding evidence related to the attack in the front seat of his car and in the trunk. He hid her body 15 - 20 miles from where she was abducted. The day after the murder, no one noticed anything unusual about him. A suspect was arrested as soon as police identified the vehicle associated with her abduction.

After eliminating everything that is not necessary, then whatever is left, no matter how unlikely, is what happened.

That is as straight forward as it gets.
Occam's Razor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the corn stalks and the corn field helped protect her from the sun. The night temperagure was mid 50F to 62F. If she was protected from the sun, maybe the temperature was cooler on the ground. I don't know. Hopefully she was protected from the elements and there is DNA evidence and clear manner of death.

the coyotes etc.

I did notice in all of the pictures I have seen of Mollie (probably less than ten) that she was always smiling. In her obituary picture ( a beautiful picture of Mollie) she is not smiling. I like the picture because the picture is beautiful and there is no reason for a smile.
I guess I am rambling.

Without some type of "official" record, there is no way to know his actual birthday. I think he looks closer to 30.
It was said that CW's father is a 43 year old farmer . At this point I have no reason to doubt that statement so I think it's fair to say CW is 24, as widely reported. I also think LE knows exactly how old he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota