Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link doesn't work. I went to see if the article included the phrase "alleged illegal immigrant' or if you did. I would think an objective article would say she turned up at court to watch the alleged murderer of her friend.

It said she went so her daughter could see her dad.

I considered TA as a shower spot, too, but have convinced myself it's too far and too public. He would have had to have a change of clothes - he can't walk in bloody and out wet. But then why not rinse off in a nearby pond or river or dairy farm hose and bury, burn, or otherwise dispose of the stained clothes? Unless they really were tres chic and he used the TA laundry facilities. But as otto said, I think all that would be after 10pm. MT's phone would have had to have been in the car leaving a digital ping (and then somehow later at the pig farm), because LE had no CR on their radar at the time they released that map.

The police map was all about identifying a vehicle. They wanted to speak to everyone who was at those 5 locations. Somehow, shortly after releasing the map, they identified a vehicle. As it turned out, police were cruising rural areas and spotted the car at the dairy farm.

What interests me most going forward is Fitbit data. How that was used, what data was obtained, what it told them about Mollie.

How about some of the leaves collecting DNA from CR as he pushed through the corn stalks?
There could be transfer DNA. But that would only mean he'd been in that cornfield, not that he'd necessarily done anything to Mollie. The other place they'll check is his home and his car for Mollie's DNA.

Everyone should respect her family's wishes.

"Mollie's murder is truly tragic and horrifically painful for all of us who knew and loved her, the extinguishing of a treasured spirit much too soon," she continued. "It is not your right to exacerbate this grievous act by hijacking Mollie and all she believed with your racist fear-mongering. ... We reclaim our Mollie."

Well said.

There is no doubt, if this guy is truly guilty, that he is a horrible person.
<modsnip: This is being addressed by WS staff.>

Last edited by a moderator:
... of the murder? Don't know. Regarding the girlfriend and daughter, there are very mixed reports stating that they lived together and she moved out when he was arrested, to they separated two years ago.
It would be interesting to find out which is true. I wonder if LE has already questioned her if she was indeed living there. But I thought others lived there as well. I would think they would be questioned thoroughly. Is there any word that anyone has been interviewed yet? By the way, thank you and great job putting your heads together with all the decomposition information and DNA analysis. I asked several questions about this and after picking up my daughter, came back to find I missed the entire conversation!!! Just caught up. Really amazing stuff. Glad I'm not the only weirdo who thinks so!

I think a confession and leading her to the body is pretty damning. DNA is important and it solidifies a case and I believe they will have plenty of evidence with video confessions and mitochondrial DNA on site and in car. As for the weapons used and I think LE is building a very strong airtight case.

Plus I would be surprised if there isn't DNA in the car. Even if you clean it, most people miss tiny spots. Would be better to find his DNA on the body but the circumstantial evidence is so strong I think they would need some big LE mistake that excludes multiple things to realistically have a hard time with this.

It said she went so her daughter could see her dad.
I question the judgment of any parent who thinks it is a good idea for a child to see Daddy in shackles, garish stripes, and being controlled by uniformed law enforcement. I think LE try to arrest a parent and place restraints when a child is not present because it can be emotional traumatizing. JMO

Plus I would be surprised if there isn't DNA in the car. Even if you clean it, most people miss tiny spots. Would be better to find his DNA on the body but the circumstantial evidence is so strong I think they would need some big LE mistake that excludes multiple things to realistically have a hard time with this.
My only concern is the confession being thrown out if he didn't have an interpreter at the time.

There's a big difference between the children of farm owners and migrant workers living in ramshackle boarding houses working for below minimum wage. I'm sure no one will admit to looking down on anyone, but I'm sure upper-middle-class college students are not maintaining serious friendships with migrant workers. I'm sure there's a lot of class animosity like there always is in situations like that. People will shout from the rooftops how open minded they are but neighborhoods never reflect it (white flight, etc). There are exceptions sure, but segregation is real and there are a lot of socioeconomic barriers and biases even putting race and ethnicity aside.

I think this will play out to be an angry underclass worker who was angry with his circumstances and took it out on a beautiful, upper-class white woman he felt rejected him. Is it valid? Absolutely not, but it happens.

Is that how high school dropouts feel about those who try to make a life for themselves? Is there resentment?

If motive necessary in Iowa courts?

I question the judgment of any parent who thinks it is a good idea for a child to see Daddy in shackles, garish stripes, and being controlled by uniformed law enforcement. I think LE try to arrest a parent and place restraints when a child is not present because it can be emotional traumatizing. JMO
Well, I agree with you. But really, when is the next time CR's daughter is going to see her daddy not in shackles, garish stripes, and being controlled by uniformed LE?

OM I have 3 Persians and no matter how much I clean it always appears when company comes or I am cooking. He had a month to clean the car and lets hope the video and car wash was the clinch the sinks his sorry *** boat!

The police map was all about identifying a vehicle. They wanted to speak to everyone who was at those 5 locations. Somehow, shortly after releasing the map, they identified a vehicle. As it turned out, police were cruising rural areas and spotted the car at the dairy farm.

What interests me most going forward is Fitbit data. How that was used, what data was obtained, what it told them about Mollie.
If it was still on her, which I'd wager it was, don't you think the data might be complete? It likely ran through the attack and her death, putting a time on everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff