Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is too much to hope for, but with video and digital cams everywhere, and the emergence of excellent DNA techniques and other high tech sleuthing tech, maybe those with tendencies to commit crimes will think twice. Maybe.

The hard core criminals no, but some may be deterred.
I have the feeling that this guy would have killed regardless. But you’re right, the world is now a much more difficult place for criminals to operate, as opposed to just a few years ago. And that’s a very good thing.

Agreed.

Details Continue to Emerge in Mollie Tibbetts Murder Case – Rolling Stone

However, while the media’ coverage has largely reported Rivera was undocumented as a fact, that allegation has been in dispute. For the last four years, Rivera was employed at Yarrabee Farms, a dairy farm owned by the family of former Iowa GOP official Craig Lang, which initially claimed that Rivera had been vetted as legal to work through the government’s e-Verify system. On Wednesday, Rivera’s attorney, Allan Richards, cited their assurances in his motion for a gag order, saying media reports and Trump’s statement about his client’s alleged “illegal” status have impeded his right to a fair trial.
The allegation that he is illegal is not in dispute. The owner has said CR provided a fraudulent ID and it has been turned over to LE. The Judge denied the request for a gag order. Rolling Stone is rehashing it just to politicize it and they need to move on. IMO

Unfortunately, shade in a hot environmentonly speeds up decomp. Bugs of all kind, micro and macro, don't like working out in the hot sun either. There was a great article up post (from the Weather Channel) that went into this.

You do have the increased enzyme activity with heat and humidly. Each 'case' is unique even with the broad principles.

CR's clothing may be tres chic, but he's nothing more than an upright barbarian. The nature of evil is to destroy innocence.
His mind's not right.

Since we're mentioning clothing (albeit for a moment), maybe someone else already mentioned this yesterday, when I wasn't able to catch up in reading the threads: Everyone here probably already knows that the TA (TravelAmerica, I believe) truckstop in Brooklyn (near the interstate) has *5* showers, available to truckers primarily, but no doubt available for anyone -- especially for someone perhaps needing to, uh, take a super-evidence-removing shower the evening of July 18th. JMOO

Was thinking that I saw some earlier discussion about how someone could clean up without their family/friends knowing. Could this be a possibility, I wonder? Just tossing this out there...

Maybe it is too much to hope for, but with video and digital cams everywhere, and the emergence of excellent DNA techniques and other high tech sleuthing tech, maybe those with tendencies to commit crimes will think twice. Maybe.

Criminals are criminals imo. They just keep doing it. Most don't think they'll get caught and quite frankly I think a lot don't. We're lucky they got this guy. Now I just wish they would take all the politics out and get him convicted!

I have the feeling that this guy would have killed regardless. But you’re right, the world is now a much more difficult place for criminals to operate, as opposed to just a few years ago. And that’s a very good thing.

IDK the guy. Let's see what the psychological eval turns up.

How many times you heard of a perpetrator being 'quiet', or 'peaceful' or something else. Except when he isn't. I bet the suspect had a nasty temper. We will see.

I believe they did find Matthew’s DNA on her shirt found in the bushes in Cville. I could be wrong, but I followed Morgan and Hannah’s case closely since it’s nearby.

I also thought of Matthew’s today with Mollie’s case. I could be wrong here, but I believe it was stated he went to check on Morgan’s body. Hate typing that. I wonder if Rivera did the same.

I doubt it. I think this criminal did not count on CCTV from a bad angle to identify his vehicle, and I do wonder whether he knew she was wearing a Fitbit. It looks like a watch.

I think he looked for an isolated part of the road to grab her. He probably did look for cameras, but he must have felt safe doing what he did. He felt safe for a month after abducting her, confident that he got away with it.

Maybe he smacked her head so hard that it broke and flew into his sleeve or other part of his clothing and then fell out on his lap.
Sure, could be. The part that puzzles me is the mechanism by which the piece landed in his lap when she was, at the time it landed in his lap, already in the trunk, according to his version.

Since we're mentioning clothing (albeit for a moment), maybe someone else already mentioned this yesterday, when I wasn't able to catch up in reading the threads: Everyone here probably already knows that the TA (TravelAmerica, I believe) truckstop in Brooklyn (near the interstate) has *5* showers, available to truckers primarily, but no doubt available for anyone -- especially for someone perhaps needing to, uh, take a super-evidence-removing shower the evening of July 18th. JMOO

Was thinking that I saw some earlier discussion about how someone could clean up without their family/friends knowing. Could this be a possibility, I wonder? Just tossing this out there...

Thank you!. I've definitely been wondering how he cleaned up post murder. The truck stop is open 24/7?

That would certainly explain it. He would have had extra clothing in the car - everything else was planned, such as knowing Mollie's route and circling before she got there. I'm not convinced that this cleaning up happened before 10PM, but it is believable that he stopped at the Truck Stop or Caseys before he abducted Mollie.

Maybe he smacked her head so hard that it broke and flew into his sleeve or other part of his clothing and then fell out on his lap.
Yeah, say, a short sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves tucked under & up.... or it landed at the edge of a pocket in the front of his t-shirt. I mean, hypothetically coulda landed in that ugh hair of his.

Welcome, Tiger Stripes.

Yeah, say, a short sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves tucked under & up.... or it landed at the edge of a pocket in the front of his t-shirt. I mean, hypothetically coulda landed in that ugh hair of his.
Ick, that hair is a possibility.
But yeah, several options of where it could have lodged temporarily.

The allegation that he is illegal is not in dispute. The owner has said CR provided a fraudulent ID and it has been turned over to LE. The Judge denied the request for a gag order. Rolling Stone is rehashing it just to politicize it and they need to move on. IMO

And there's a federal immigration hold that was disclosed in open court at the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff