Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at accuweather and got the mean highs and lows for Brooklyn for those days. The mean high is 81.66F. The mean low is 61.8F. I'm not sure how you get the mean temperature considering it would be lower than the high for most of the day.
If you then average the high and low you get 71.73F.
Another thing to consider is that stab wounds would speed decomp.

Thank you! The article says advanced decomposition at 16 days if the temp is above 25C, or 77F. The cooler 71.73F temp would mean slower decomposition. Instead of 16 days, perhaps 23 days?

I would like to thank the mods on this thread. They are successfully balancing the hot potato of murder and politics. They are ensuring that we stay focused on the murder....not an easy thing under these circumstances.
Hats off.

It would be interesting to find out which is true. I wonder if LE has already questioned her if she was indeed living there. But I thought others lived there as well. I would think they would be questioned thoroughly. Is there any word that anyone has been interviewed yet? By the way, thank you and great job putting your heads together with all the decomposition information and DNA analysis. I asked several questions about this and after picking up my daughter, came back to find I missed the entire conversation!!! Just caught up. Really amazing stuff. Glad I'm not the only weirdo who thinks so!
Thanks. My own opinion is that the big house would be for single male workers and the trailers for couples/families. I saw three brown trailers in some video! If he was living with somebody I'm sure she's been thoroughly questioned!
All of this is my own humble opinion!

Thanks. My own opinion is that the big house would be for single male workers and the trailers for couples/families. I saw three brown trailers in some video! If he was living with somebody I'm sure she's been thoroughly questioned!

He lived in the far right 30 foot trailer in the photo that has been circulated in the news. There is conflicting information about whether his girlfriend and daughter were living with him at the time of the murder.

or someone in long standing work and doesn't fit in with the crowd. Circling back to someone inseure who feels they are above them

There's a big difference between the children of farm owners and migrant workers living in ramshackle boarding houses working for below minimum wage. I'm sure no one will admit to looking down on anyone, but I'm sure upper-middle-class college students are not maintaining serious friendships with migrant workers. I'm sure there's a lot of class animosity like there always is in situations like that. People will shout from the rooftops how open minded they are but neighborhoods never reflect it (white flight, etc). There are exceptions sure, but segregation is real and there are a lot of socioeconomic barriers and biases even putting race and ethnicity aside.

I think this will play out to be an angry underclass worker who was angry with his circumstances and took it out on a beautiful, upper-class white woman he felt rejected him. Is it valid? Absolutely not, but it happens.

It has been said that CR's girlfriend was friends with Mollie and her brothers on FB. In that context, I doubt they knew where CR lived. He wasn't a migrant worker. He lived in the same spot for several years and I doubt high schoolers had any reason to visit the property. I also believe CR is well aware Mollie had a long-time relationship. Whatever CR's delusions, they are his alone. I seriously doubt Mollie rejected CR because of his race, I think she rejected him because of her existing, loving relationship she already was in.

I'm surprised she was allowed to bring a child into a court room. In some countries, it is not allowed. It is considered to be an entirely inappropriate environment for children, regardless of relationship to defendant.

I was impressed that the child was well enough behaved to be brought to court.

Is that how high school dropouts feel about those who try to make a life for themselves? Is there resentment?

If motive necessary in Iowa courts?
It may not be necessary but can often be helpful in proving a case, I believe . In answer to the first question, I would say yes, sometimes, and no, sometimes. There are so many other variables and factors that play a role in how people compare themselves to others.

It has been said that CR's girlfriend was friends with Mollie and her brothers on FB. In that context, I doubt they knew where CR lived. He wasn't a migrant worker. He lived in the same spot for several years and I doubt high schoolers had any reason to visit the property. I also believe CR is well aware Mollie had a long-time relationship. Whatever CR's delusions, they are his alone. I seriously doubt Mollie rejected CR because of his race, I think she rejected him because of her existing, loving relationship she already was in.

I don't think she rejected him. I think he snatched her off the street while she was jogging.

The weather humidity rain is a world apart from Texas. I don’t have the heart to describe the condition of a body after 5 weeks in the perfect climate for growing corn.

One thing might be good to contemplate. Everything written anywhere in the Internet is permanent. In 100 years someone can read what I just wrote. Families, friends and children.
Iowa is very humid in the summer. I’ve always thought it was from all the plants.

Also, when I was young I detasseled corn. The rows were wide enough to walk through but you did brush leaves. I understand there are new planting machines that make the rows much closer together. No room to walk through now.

It may not be necessary but can often be helpful in proving a case, I believe . In answer to the first question, I would say yes, sometimes, and no, sometimes. There are so many other variables and factors that play a role in how people compare themselves to others.

In some places, motive is required, others not. It's likely that any motive arguments will be general and reasonable - like anti-social personality disorder.

I’m very curious about the time he lived with his aunt and uncle. After he crossed the border. Why didn’t he finish high school?

Growing up in a similar community- soybeans and sweet corn as our main agriculture, migrant workers are woven into the fabric of much of the Midwest. Our migrant community had their own housing complex, but we all went to school together. There wasn’t this huge divide that many may think exists. We all went to school together and were classmates and friends. Our parents were friends. Even in my small town they opened a Mexican market. (Best candy ever, btw.) So from my first-hand experience, there wasn’t as much of a “us against them” as the media tries to spin.

What did he do while living with his aunt and uncle? Did they try to enroll him in school? I’m very curious about these years before he arrived in Brooklyn. I’m also wondering if 24 is even his correct age. There are a lot of gaps in his background. And now I’m also curious about his aunt and uncle. I wonder if he was a problem child at their home. Many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff