Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see someone with a low self esteem who has escaped his own reality to convince himself he is everything he sees himself to want to be. If anyone challenges him or causes him to deflate there will be hell to pay.
I agree w/ you on the low self esteem. His online profile was much more ...unassuming...than I expected. After seeing the many selfies from FB in news articles, especially the one of guns, I anticipated him being more of a male chauvinist—a jerk or creepy guy. In his few responses, he was mostly polite. I noticed that he posted a number of the pictures of himself on and immediately following the date he met his ex, like he was trying to impress her.
He had even Liked the County PD. His family members were a lot more social than he was but he struck me as being sad—he had sad eyes in many of the pics.

He had quite a bit of likes on pics from friends & family, and the pic of the guns seemed very odd & out of place among the other pics. I noticed the pic of guns received only a few likes, while his others had more.

He had a lot of female relatives and friends, who were supportive of good causes. They offered encouragement & compliments—both male & female family members—(and he thanked them). In their interactions, they didn’t display any signs of friction.

Looking at the overall profile, I can fully understand why the family was blindsided. I understand people put their best foot forward on FB, but it’s hard to reconcile with the brutality of his actions. It’s scary to me that I can’t see through him.

I just thought how much he put MT through & the brutality of the murder. This monster seems so scary based on the carnage he left behind, but his profile seemed so benign. ThevWolf in sheeps clothing,

living in trailer separate from others tells me he was not accepted even in his own community. He was a loner wanting to fit in at times but ok not fitting in. A loner type with boundaries.
Maybe he wanted to live in a trailer separate from others. Some people would rather privacy. I don’t read too much into that fact.

Some states allow a student to drop out at age 16. So you wouldn't have to enroll at all. In answer to Otto, about why he didnt enroll in school when he moved here.
I think those states require parental consent and since CR was never enrolled, he was off the radar. His employer was required to jump through some hoops to employ a minor but because he used fraudulent ID, he wasn't on that radar, either. So, he was a minor employed in a grueling, menial job. This is bound to mess with a teen's psyche which is why we have child labor laws. Nothing about his life has been "fair" to CR and his victim and her family have paid a dear price.

Intelligence and education are two different things.
Some intelligent people are educated. Some educated people aren’t intelligent.
Intelligence is innate, you have it or you don’t. You can’t educate a “dumb person” and make them intelligent.

It has been said that CR's girlfriend was friends with Mollie and her brothers on FB. In that context, I doubt they knew where CR lived. He wasn't a migrant worker. He lived in the same spot for several years and I doubt high schoolers had any reason to visit the property. I also believe CR is well aware Mollie had a long-time relationship. Whatever CR's delusions, they are his alone. I seriously doubt Mollie rejected CR because of his race, I think she rejected him because of her existing, loving relationship she already was in.

Mollie didn't "reject" CR, he chased her down and assaulted her on a street. You know that's not what I said. CR's intention or motivation or perceived slight is a different issue. Ok, he wasn't a migrant worker. He was just a temporary worker who has been reported in MSM to have worked on a number of different farms. We can pretend there wasn't a clear segregation in town between the upper-middle-class white families in Mollie's mom's neighborhood and the shacks provided to temporary workers though.

The defense could be that he was not in a mental state conducive to forming intent. He “blacked out” and didn’t intend to harm her, as he had no idea what he was doing. He “blacks out” when he gets mad, and he got mad because Mollie rejected him. Something like that.
It’ll never work, and I completely agree with you.

I don't think it's that easy. He claims that he has rage and associated "block out". If rejection results in rage and blockout, then he was aware of the fact that he might rage and blockout while asking Mollie for a date on a deserted road.

He stalked her, knew her route, circled around waiting for her to arrive at Boundary and Middle Street. His story of running beside her is only true in the sense of forcing her into his car.

It's a possibility that school was never an option when he arrived here. If there weren't jobs where he was from, his parents might of needed him to work right away to support the family.

I agree. How old is he - where's his birth certificate, and where did he live before the dairy farm. So far, from news articles, he may have lived in Blairstown with his uncle at some point, and he has facebook contacts in Tama and Marshalltown.

If he was truly 16, why was he not immediately enrolled in school? If he was 20, then it makes sense that he was too old and uninterested to sit in grade 10 classes. If he wasn't at school and didn't work, what did he do? What name did he use? When did he start using that name?
In regard to his birth certificate, wouldn't he have to provide one before even going through the trial process? How can they convict someone who cannot prove who he really is? If he came here at age 16 there is no law that states you have to be in school in every state. Even if he was required, there would be no way for them to even know he exists. At that age, its likely he began working right away, perhaps through contacts with his friends relatives. Obviously it would be under the table but we all know how common that is.

the more I think about it the more I wonder if he could have showered at the car wash. I know it sounds bizarre but it would clean him and his clothes at the same time. soap right there at the flip of a switch. certainly wouldn't be a nice refreshing shower but could be used for clean up if a person was desperate.

I don't think it's that easy. He claims that he has rage and associated "block out". If rejection results in rage and blockout, then he was aware of the fact that he might rage and blockout while asking Mollie for a date on a deserted road.

He stalked her, knew her route, circled around waiting for her to arrive at Boundary and Middle Street. His story of running beside her is only true in the sense of forcing her into his car.
Absolutely. I was just theorizing a defense in order to illustrate how his attorney could go after the crucial “intent” element.

Legally blacking out doesn't matter. Being drunk or high doesn't matter. If exactly what he confessed to is true, it's first degree murder. He formed the intent to attack her when he chased her, and she ended up dead in his car. Even without intent to kill it's felony murder - assault & battery resulting in death. It doesn't matter if you black out or aliens told you to do it.

Absolutely. I was just theorizing a defense in order to illustrate how his attorney could go after the crucial “intent” element.

I understand. I think there is intent in that he admits that he had seen her jogging previously, he had a weapon, he knew her route, he circled at the most isolated location on her jogging route to her mom's house, after she ran past that location something happened, he seemed to have a clear plan to leave her body several miles SE of Brooklyn, he was able to easily retrieve the body location, he was able to go to work the following day as though nothing happened.

It's a possibility that school was never an option when he arrived here. If there weren't jobs where he was from, his parents might of needed him to work right away to support the family.
I honestly don't think he ever went to school here. I could be wrong, but at that age, with a seventh grade level, why bother? I think you are right in thinking he went straight to work. There is a strong work ethic in that culture, and many are willing to work long hours for little pay. For the money they make here they can go back to Mexico and buy a home after 10 years. Why waste time with school?

I understand. I think there is intent in that he admits that he had seen her jogging previously, he had a weapon, he knew her route, he circled at the most isolated location on her jogging route to her mom's house, after she ran past that location something happened, he seemed to have a clear plan to leave her body several miles SE of Brooklyn, he was able to easily retrieve the body location, he was able to go to work the following day as though nothing happened.
Yup. There’s no question in my mind that this was planned, and he was aware of exactly what he was doing. As soon as he approached her, she was going to die a violent death, on his terms. He’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member