Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a photo last night of CR on one of the many articles (maybe DM?) and it looked like he had on a pair of overalls. Anyone have a link? Those could very well be something he wore for work, but they almost looked camo. Has there been any reference at all to him hunting, fishing, or trapping, anything like that?

Here is one link to the picture (it's the very first photo next to the guns), however, the one I saw last night showed a bit more of the overalls.

Cristhian Rivera Posted Gun Pic, Selfies on Facebook | Heavy.com

And that goes to show how deceiving a picture can be. When I saw this pic I thought he had on a backpack.

Yes with K-9 dogs. I thought that was interesting, because what I read these are not decomposition dogs. They are looking for a weapon or her scent.

Interesting, probably to solidify the idea of her being held captive or not. I don't think she ever was IMO, and I hope for Mollie/family/BF that's true. There's only so much mental anguish they can take.

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for you but if it was answered I apologize.

Do you think that the farmer who employed the perp will be charged or otherwise punished somehow? He clearly violated Labor Laws so he is most certainly guilty IMHO.

I also wanted to say that this crime has nothing to do with race, country of origin or immigration, and this was purely a choice that the perp made, although it might've been influenced by his almost slave social status. I hope that most of you agree that he killed not because he was illegal and not because he was a man.

I was actually very surprised when I learned that the perp was illegal. Some of you have proposed that theory but I dismissed it as highly unlikely because I did not expect that tiny Iowa town will have even one illegal, let alone a whole farm.
I highly doubt the farm will be charged with anything related to this case. By all accounts, they followed protocols, and were thwarted by this guy using a false identity.

If they were to be charged with anything, it wouldn’t have anything to do with the crime this guy committed, and would have to do with the hiring of illegal immigrants. Penalties for this include fines, and in extreme cases, jail time.

Abduction is the ultimate control high. To steal another human being and forcibly take them to a place they would never choose to go is beyond depraved. There are no words. The rest of the crime is obviously savage and heinous and morally beyond the pale, but the beginning of the hell is when you are stripped of your personal liberty in the second or minutes it takes for a predator to grab you and restrain you from exercising your will. I'd rather be gunned down face to face or running for my life than to experience what this beautiful young woman endured.

Interesting, probably to solidify the idea of her being held captive or not. I don't think she ever was IMO, and I hope for Mollie/family/BF that's true. There's only so much mental anguish they can take.
Also, they were already parked a few yards away from his home just sitting there. Waiting for the initial autopsy. When they heard what it was "sharp force" they quickly entered with their warrants.
Didn't someone post in an earlier thread they even had the blue prints to the house and trailer?

I haven't seen any pictures of the road Mollie was running on but I know there was at least that one house they got the video from. I wonder why she didn't run to a house when he was circling around? I honestly think this was done quickly and Mollie never had a chance to do anything.
Do you have Google maps? All you have to do is drop a pin in the area you want to see and click on the thumbnail and you’ll be able to follow the blue line that’s superimposed over the road. I call that “driving the Google car” lol

Also, they were already parked a few yards away from his home just sitting there. Waiting for the initial autopsy. When they heard what it was "sharp force" they quickly entered with their warrants.
Didn't someone post in an earlier thread they even had the blue prints to the house and trailer?
I am thinking from the condition of the remains they have an idea how long she was deceased . So there's that.

*snipped*
Do you think that the farmer who employed the perp will be charged or otherwise punished somehow? He clearly violated Labor Laws so he is most certainly guilty IMHO.

Good question, I wish he would be because that is part of the current problem today. I think employers take very little time to do any checking. I think their attitude is I don't want to know your status, just provide me papers that will allow me to legally hire you. I am not convinced the method in place there was unintentional but that is just my opinion. It gives them an out if caught.

I was actually very surprised when I learned that the perp was illegal. Some of you have proposed that theory but I dismissed it as highly unlikely because I did not expect that tiny Iowa town will have even one illegal, let alone a whole farm.

Actually one of my first theories was a migrant.possible illegal because in my area there are many of them. I brought it up but a local stated that there really weren't needed in the area because the corn farmers were mechanized for the most part. This farmer was a dairy farmer go figure. That LE continued to feel the perp was a local familiar with the area and possibly of Mollie, I had this still in the back of my mind as a possibility because it made a lot of sense to me. So no, I wasn't surprised at all who the perp ended up being.

Last edited:
I think many people are over-thinking this. Step away from the fact that it was Mollie's abduction, which garnered national attention and struck everyone as something of a mystery. CR confessed because he was caught. He has a 7th grade level education and works as a farm hand. He was interrogated by intelligent, accomplished, experienced LE and FBI agents. Why does everyone think this person who couldn't manage a job better than milking cows is somehow outsmarting the FBI and prosecutors? He was confronted with evidence and tried to make up a lie to explain what happened.

I am sure LE said, "We know you did this, we need to end this. Let's bring Mollie home. This will go much better for you if you just show us where the body is. We'll note your cooperation. Maybe we can even work out a deal. We will work with ICE so you won't be deported. But we can only help you if you tell us what happened and bring us to the body." And he gave his story and brought them to the body.

The best defense would be to not say anything. Let the prosecution bring their case and challenge each piece of evidence trying to institute some doubt. You don't need to make up some grand competing theory - you have to show that the prosecutor did not meet the standard of proof. The science isn't reliable. The expert witness has testified contrary to this before. You're not winning a media case and getting your client named GQ's Man of the Year - you're convincing 2 jurors that there's reasonable doubt that your client met each condition in the jury instructions to vote for conviction.

Abduction is the ultimate control high. To steal another human being and forcibly take them to a place they would never choose to go is beyond depraved. There are no words. The rest of the crime is obviously savage and heinous and morally beyond the pale, but the beginning of the hell is when you are stripped of your personal liberty in the second or minutes it takes for a predator to grab you and restrain you from exercising your will. I'd rather be gunned down face to face or running for my life than to experience what this beautiful young woman endured.
Interesting post. With this in mind I decided to see what the difference is between abduction and kidnapping:

Kidnapping is the taking away of a person by force, threat, or deceit, with intent to cause him or her to be detained against his or her will. Kidnapping may be done for ransom or for political or other purposes.

Abduction
is the criminal taking away a person by persuasion, by fraud, or by open force or violence.

Quote from an upthread: "I can’t speak about the motive. I can just tell you that it seemed that he followed her, seemed to be drawn to her on that particular day, for whatever reason he chose to abduct her,” DCI Special Agent Rick Rahn told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday. "He told us he had seen Mollie in the past and on that particular day, July 18, 2018, he happened to see her, he was drawn to her, and as a result, kind of followed her around a little bit and ultimately confronted her," Rahn said. "And ended up tackling her and ultimately abducting her."

Wow, I didn't realize they were already parked and ready. Go Team.

I missed a few pages today - do you have a link to this info about them sitting outside the house and about the blueprints? Thanks in advance.

With regards to the multiple sharp force injuries, I was wondering if this is considered "overkill" which has it's own meaning as to motive. Anyone here good at crime scene analysis? I did find this which seems close.
  • "Disorganized offenders: These criminals usually live alone or with a relative, possess lower-than-average intelligence, are unemployed or work at menial jobs, and often have mental illnesses. They act impulsively, or as if they have little control over their fantasy-driven needs. They rarely use ruses to gain the victim’s confidence, but rather attack with sudden violence, overwhelming the victim. The crime scene often is messy and chaotic. This type of offender doesn’t plan ahead or bring tools along, but rather uses whatever is handy. As killers, they typically leave the body at the scene and exert little effort to avoid leaving behind evidence. Some have sexual contact with the victim after killing him or her."
"Overkill usually is personal, with anger as the common underlying drive."

Forensics: Profiling the Perpetrator - dummies

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for you but if it was answered I apologize.

I also wanted to say that this crime has nothing to do with race, country of origin or immigration, and this was purely a choice that the perp made, although it might've been influenced by his almost slave social status. I hope that most of you agree that he killed not because he was illegal and not because he was a man.

Iowa didn't ban sanctuary cities until April 2018 so it's been a safe haven for illegal aliens.

By the time I was ready to hit the post button the thread was closed. Going to try again.

Found this about Allen Richards and his application to the IA Supreme County seat

Waterloo judge, Tama attorney apply for Iowa Supreme Court opening

Finally found the video for Allen Richards interview for the IA Supreme Court seat. They haven't uploaded to the Court site but it is on youtube for citizens of IA to view. Apparently this is how Iowans know to go there to find the interviews.

Watch his (you will recognize his tie!) and then look for the interview of the Judge from Tama.

Thanks.
This AR guy= word salad award.
Scary. JMO .

With regards to the multiple sharp force injuries, I was wondering if this is considered "overkill" which has it's own meaning as to motive. Anyone here good at crime scene analysis? I did find this which seems close.
  • "Disorganized offenders: These criminals usually live alone or with a relative, possess lower-than-average intelligence, are unemployed or work at menial jobs, and often have mental illnesses. They act impulsively, or as if they have little control over their fantasy-driven needs. They rarely use ruses to gain the victim’s confidence, but rather attack with sudden violence, overwhelming the victim. The crime scene often is messy and chaotic. This type of offender doesn’t plan ahead or bring tools along, but rather uses whatever is handy. As killers, they typically leave the body at the scene and exert little effort to avoid leaving behind evidence. Some have sexual contact with the victim after killing him or her."

I've had that word in my head since the cause of death was released, but I had no idea it was a real thing!!

Interesting post. With this in mind I decided to see what the difference is between abduction and kidnapping:

Kidnapping is the taking away of a person by force, threat, or deceit, with intent to cause him or her to be detained against his or her will. Kidnapping may be done for ransom or for political or other purposes.

Abduction
is the criminal taking away a person by persuasion, by fraud, or by open force or violence.

Quote from an upthread: "I can’t speak about the motive. I can just tell you that it seemed that he followed her, seemed to be drawn to her on that particular day, for whatever reason he chose to abduct her,” DCI Special Agent Rick Rahn told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday. "He told us he had seen Mollie in the past and on that particular day, July 18, 2018, he happened to see her, he was drawn to her, and as a result, kind of followed her around a little bit and ultimately confronted her," Rahn said. "And ended up tackling her and ultimately abducting her."
Rahn used abduction twice (or more). And apart of abduction is defined by "persuasion."

Last edited:

Very interesting and much of it does apply to CR The last part about having sexual contact with the victim after killing him or her. I can't even...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow