Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t imagine the farm providing vehicles to workers other than for work related purposes in light of potentially staggering liability.

Ok so a little levity. I’ve been driving for 55. Years. Born raised worked on our farm since I was 8. How old am I.

Truly I loved the farm. I learned so much I didn’t realize until I was much older. Honestly some of the best people I know and trust were and are farmers. Good, honest, heartened Americans. Good hard work never hurt anyone.

Rivera I don’t know. Some people are just bad. Some people don’t acquire the sets of boundaries, checks and balances most good people have learned.
I know in my heart there is an overwhelming majority of good well meaning people in the world. Mollie Tibbetts was one of the good people.

But when we experience the Rivera’s, the Scott Petersons
and the Chris Watts it’s alarming. They look so normal. And below the surface is pure unadulterated vicious evil.

A glance at the weather history shows that the temp was consistently about 77F.

"The speed of the chemical reactions involved doubles with every 10°C rise in temperature, so a cadaver will reach the advanced stage after 16 days at an average daily temperature of 25°C." (Life after death: the science of human decomposition)
She was missing for 33 days. It may be that cause of death was in part determined by a cut on a bone.

Brooklyn August Weather 2018 - AccuWeather Forecast for IA 52211

Could it be that these "sharp force" sounds were incised ones?
I'm just wondering if she had been kept alive for "some time" then there would be enough flesh to show incise sharp force wounds. Wouldn't they?
If not, then after two weeks the "sharp force" wounds would have to show stab marks on the bones.
There is always the possibility of sharp force Chops wounds...

The affidavit lists his birthday as being in June, so he hasn't been 24 long if we can trust that's his correct birthday. We don't know exactly when he came here. He could have been 16 when he came here, but almost 17 making 7 years accurate enough. Maybe he has been here 7 years and 3 months.
Without some type of "official" record, there is no way to know his actual birthday. I think he looks closer to 30.

No.
I know, it can be confusing.

The men in the family - like most of the western world - still carry on the names of their father when they produce offspring.

So CBR's father's name is EDUARDO BAHENA RADILLA. Bahena would be the Paternal name (to be passed down), while Radilla must be Eduardo's mother's name - which is a "traditional" naming process, and it is NOT passed down.
I don't know CBR's mother's full name, but her last name must be Rivera. That is why CBR's full legal Mexican name is - Cristian Bahena Rivera.

If he was still in Mexico and had children, their names would be [FIRST NAME] BAHENA [MOTHER'S LAST NAME]. I have no idea if he decided to follow this name process with his real daughter.

Does that make sense at all?
Ahhh!!! Okay that makes sense.

It was always reported as an earbud, so, correct, it was a part of the headset. He might have pulled ahead of her, run towards her when she's running towards him, hit her in the head, grabbed her and "she ran with him" into his back seat. Maybe there was an altercation in the car. Maybe that's why we have Boundary/Middle Str. location as well as the 1900 385 Ave location.
I can see that exact scenario, yes. I'm puzzled at the physics by which the piece landed on his lap. I can't figure out how- after he had got back in the car after placing her in the trunk (standing and walking then sitting back down)- the piece magically appeared on his lap. For me that defies physics, as it would have fallen off had he stood up, which he had, prior to getting back in the driver's seat. Does that make sense? Maybe it was on the console? And he had moved his right arm to the right, in toward his torso, which made it fall on his lap?

Unless the clothing is in such a position to indicate sexual assault, I’m not confident on them being able to make a determination in that regard. It’s highly unlikely that any semen could have survived in those conditions, especially for that length of time.

The arrest warrant was worded in a way that suggested that she was identified by the clothing with her body. It rained after the murder (assuming she was murdered that night), so it's likely that the only DNA that can be found would be in her body.

Morgan Harrington was found something like 4 months after her murder, but it was Winter. I'm pretty sure there was DNA in that case. That was how she was connected to Hannah and another attempted rape. There's a remote possibility there will be DNA - I'm optimistic.

A glance at the weather history shows that the temp was consistently about 77F.

"The speed of the chemical reactions involved doubles with every 10°C rise in temperature, so a cadaver will reach the advanced stage after 16 days at an average daily temperature of 25°C." (Life after death: the science of human decomposition)
She was missing for 33 days. It may be that cause of death was in part determined by a cut on a bone.

Brooklyn August Weather 2018 - AccuWeather Forecast for IA 52211

Lets say this is the case. Different types of body fluids would be on her clothes, that represent different stages of decomp. Am I right?

Long-time WS lurker (*years*), and now...jumping into the "deep end" to make a comment... (I apologize in advance that I'm not sure how to quickly zip back to locate certain phrases from past posts, but want to make a small connection -- at least one that's been in my head now for a week or so, ever since we heard the PC and announcement that CR was being held.)

Remember the first time of seeing CR's photograph? I do. I felt... (and forgive my putting this "out there" so bluntly)...a great "darkness" viewing his face (and yes, noticed that he made little to no eye contact with others). Last evening after logging off WS, I couldn't stop thinking about the whole "bl[o]cking out" phrase that CR used when he was first interviewed. 2 things: a.) he may have difficulty pronouncing a "short a" sound; thus, "blacking out" would sound more like "blocking out", and b.) JMOO that a deep, "darkness of spirit" -- perhaps like an emotional "black hole" dropped over him, the moment after the deed was done. Not wanting to reveal *what* was done, the closest -- and truly, the most literal words/phrasing that he could use to describe it, yet...*without* giving any details, was... "bl[o]cking out"... Of course, this is entirely speculation on my part (so please delete this immediately, if not allowed). Just my 2 cents' worth.

The connection of "blocking/blacking out" and abusive relationships w/regard to IM, and matters of abuse is this: When my mother was alive, she used to say, "Character is consistent!" She used this phrase to shed light on individuals who *appeared* one way in one setting, yet who had *acted* quite another way, when in another setting. I am *not* saying that CR attempted to take IM's life; I *am* suggesting that it *may* be possible (again, speculation here -- JMOO) that IM has experienced some of the same things that MT experienced... And surely IM had mixed thoughts when sitting in the courtroom earlier this week -- perhaps thinking of her child not having a father around in the future, but also, perhaps, thinking of some justice for *herself*/IM, for things that have never been reported. MOO

She looked terrified. And outside court afterwards when media swarmed. That young lady has a lot to digest. I hope she’s not involved and I hope she has a very strong support system.

Yeah. It said that he “noticed blood on the side of her head.” Of course she could still have been actively bleeding at that point. I do think personally, that she was still alive at that point, and met her fate in the cornfield.
I think so, too, after a SA in the corn. After that, lights out. Covered her up, then left. IMO

The arrest warrant was worded in a way that suggested that she was identified by the clothing with her body. It rained after the murder (assuming she was murdered that night), so it's likely that the only DNA that can be found would be in her body.

Morgan Harrington was found something like 4 months after her murder, but it was Winter. I'm pretty sure there was DNA in that case. That was how she was connected to Hannah and another attempted rape. There's a remote possibility there will be DNA - I'm optimistic.
Yes it rained, however all the cornstalks on her would that be a contributing factor keep dna or body fluids from washing away?
(bummer I have to go to work! now I have to wait till I get home to see any answers!) lol!

I can see that exact scenario, yes. I'm puzzled at the physics by which the piece landed on his lap. I can't figure out how- after he had got back in the car after placing her in the trunk (standing and walking then sitting back down)- the piece magically appeared on his lap. For me that defies physics, as it would have fallen off had he stood up, which he had, prior to getting back in the driver's seat. Does that make sense? Maybe it was on the console? And he had moved his right arm to the right, in toward his torso, which made it fall on his lap?

Maybe there was a struggle in the car.

Maybe he parked ahead of her on Boundary, blocking her route to her mother's house. What if he ran towards her and threw her in the back of his car. Jessica Ridgeway's killer did exactly that and he was only 17 years old. Maybe Mollie was temporarily incapacitated, came to in the back of the car, there was a struggle, something happened at 8:28PM near 1900 385 Ave, and he found the ear bud in the front seat.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Copying comments from these pages is against TOS.

In reference to how ME came to the preliminary conclusion of sharp force trauma as COD even though her body was most likely in the final stages of decomp: Of course, X-rays and just observing wounds/knicks on her bones... Especially, if he wounded her in the chest, the breast bone is a rather flat surface, so, identifying damage in that area may be obvious, in some cases.

Also, maybe she was still clothed, so, the fabric could have been cut in some way creating a wound pattern to trace back to her body.

This is just a preliminary report as more evidence may come from her autopsy after a more thorough investigation: People can theoretically die in multiple ways at the same time: Meaning there could be other types of trauma to her body that has yet to be discovered; the sharp wounds were apparently the most lethal and obvious during the preliminary autopsy.

I wonder if this is not the first time Mollie tells him to get lost. Maybe he followed her around before.
There are 2 scenarios that play in my head.
1st scenario)
day 1) they chat casually as she jogs by. the conversation is casual. he seems nice.
day 2) he sees her jogging and catches up to her. but starts hinting at wanted to get together. this bothers her.
day 3) he starts suggesting they should hook up. she isn't interested. he is starting to get on her nerves but brushes it off. CR becoming fixated.
day 4) CR fixated. Mollie has decided that CR is annoying her too much and tells him to bug off from the get go. Then, he flips.

2nd scenario) they may have seen each other around but didn't talk before. he wanted to hook up with her. she rejected him cold. he pressed. she started ignoring him. he didn't like being ignored. he followed her. she said she was going to call the police. he went into a rage and attacked her.

Long-time WS lurker (*years*), and now...jumping into the "deep end" to make a comment... (I apologize in advance that I'm not sure how to quickly zip back to locate certain phrases from past posts, but want to make a small connection -- at least one that's been in my head now for a week or so, ever since we heard the PC and announcement that CR was being held.)

Remember the first time of seeing CR's photograph? I do. I felt... (and forgive my putting this "out there" so bluntly)...a great "darkness" viewing his face (and yes, noticed that he made little to no eye contact with others). Last evening after logging off WS, I couldn't stop thinking about the whole "bl[o]cking out" phrase that CR used when he was first interviewed. 2 things: a.) he may have difficulty pronouncing a "short a" sound; thus, "blacking out" would sound more like "blocking out", and b.) JMOO that a deep, "darkness of spirit" -- perhaps like an emotional "black hole" dropped over him, the moment after the deed was done. Not wanting to reveal *what* was done, the closest -- and truly, the most literal words/phrasing that he could use to describe it, yet...*without* giving any details, was... "bl[o]cking out"... Of course, this is entirely speculation on my part (so please delete this immediately, if not allowed). Just my 2 cents' worth.

The connection of "blocking/blacking out" and abusive relationships w/regard to IM, and matters of abuse is this: When my mother was alive, she used to say, "Character is consistent!" She used this phrase to shed light on individuals who *appeared* one way in one setting, yet who had *acted* quite another way, when in another setting. I am *not* saying that CR attempted to take IM's life; I *am* suggesting that it *may* be possible (again, speculation here -- JMOO) that IM has experienced some of the same things that MT experienced... And surely IM had mixed thoughts when sitting in the courtroom earlier this week -- perhaps thinking of her child not having a father around in the future, but also, perhaps, thinking of some justice for *herself*/IM, for things that have never been reported. MOO
Good point about the sound that short “a” makes in Spanish. It’s the same in French as well. Ah like in pa rather than the sound from the word hat.

Lets say this is the case. Different types of body fluids would be on her clothes, that represent different stages of decomp. Am I right?

I don't think so. It rained, so it's most likely that the clothing will be useless, but you never know.

Different stages of decomposition relate to the body, nothing to do with clothing.

I just hope the mother can get the little girl far away from Iowa. Nothing against Iowa,
I almost moved there, but that little girl will be bullied by others because her father killed a defenseless innocent person.

I watch ID a lot and people are always saying 'her smile lit up a room'. Mollie has one of the prettiest and sincere smiles I have ever seen. She truly seemed happy until the decided to end her life.

Yeah. I’ve looked up cases that turned up semen, but the odds of collecting DNA from a corpse, drop with each passing day, and are dependent on the conditions to which the body is exposed (obviously). I’m less optimistic, but hopeful.

Maybe his pants were bloody from her head wound and the earbud stuck there even after he put her in the trunk. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67