IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly he was pulled over at one of the cornfield entrances pretending his car had broken down and asked MT if she had a phone he could use. I don't like to speculate but there is no way my brain can wrap around his story of what transpired. I just don't believe he would have been so brazen as to allow someone to see him abducting her in broad daylight.
The only thing I can imagine is that he pulled up alongside, or right in front of her, hit her in the head or something similar to incapacitate her, and shoved her into the trunk. It had to be quick and I can't see the assault and murder taking place at that location.

That’s actually a really good question that I don’t believe has been discussed at all during the past 42 pages of conversations.
Although it was suggested that a father of a child at the day camp could have been the killer. That's kind of the same thing, in a round about way.

It was this, about the timeline. During the Aug 22nd press conference Rahn mentioned that the arrest proved their timeline. So indeed far more information was known than was ever released to the general public.

From July 30th
“Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said investigators have a “pretty tight timeline” of Tibbetts’s activities before she disappeared, but he said he can’t release any information at this time....”
‘It doesn’t matter what we’re going through’: Missing student’s father wants help, not sympathy
Yes, that was established as soon as the FBI stepped in.

It's a county jail, not a prison (different kind of players, not killers, more DUI), in rural Iowa, and the size is about right. A lot of local lock ups don't have extensive layers of outer security. They may have CR more isolated (as much as that is possible in a jail that small) for his own safety and to prevent the leak of a jail house bunkie confidential exclusive which some outlets may pay a lot for.
It's basically a holding facility, which he will wish he was back at once he goes to prison.

Brats are like sausage on the barbie. It's so good and so bad for you.

800pxitaliansausageonthegrill1.jpg
I thought brats were cheeky children.

I have no idea what brats is, mentioned here several times and Mollie was to have some, that night.:(
I'm an Australian, and my Capital City won 'most liveable city in the world' several years running. It is known for its cuisine. This year, due to increase in crime, achieved only second possie.

Wonder if you guys have tasted our Vegemite: very popular here!

Brats is an ethnic type of spiced sausages.

no sense in denying the obvious. this was clearly a sexual assault of some sort. what any other motive presents itself? Plus, he's come up to other young women and hassled them about sex...he surveilled her route, he brought a knife, and I don't believe anything he says. his confession would not be necessary for a conviction, imo, video/dna/will make it happen

It’s not a sexual assault if no sexual assault can be proven to have occurred when she was alive. It doesn’t matter why he set out to encounter Mollie. Charges and convictions are based on only what can be proven to have actually occurred involving the exact manner by which he caused her death.

That he brought and then allegedly used a knife potentially proves he preplanned murder deliberately if she did not willingly cooperate. Multiple stabbing wounds typically prove obvious intent as the perp does so to ensure the victim does not survive.

On the other hand, first degree murder based on a forced felony is often a charge that’s applied even if the perp didn’t intend for the victim to die and the death was caused by the forcible felony that was committed. For example, an abduction whereby the victim is forcibly bound and then chokes to death.

So I don’t quite get it - are you thinking that police botched it somehow, that 1st degree premeditated murder is inconsequential in the eyes of the law? Because it’s certainly not.

Last edited:
County time often harder than actual prison time. County jails typically jumble together people accused of everything from shoplifting to check-kiting to DUI to drug offenses to violent crimes in one facility/population. And there is little for the inmates inside most county facilities to do besides watch bad tv and eat worse food.

Actual prisons contain populations sorted by their criminal histories and tendencies. And prisons usually have an array of activities to keep prisoners busy vs sitting idle all day in county lockups.

Generally, if your sentence is under a year you'll stay in county; over a year and they'll process you out to a prison facility. Tho some rural county jails with more space than local criminals will take-in state and federal prisoners.

Based on CBR's statement that MT had blood on her head; I think her head took a very hard hit on the ground due to being tackled or punched. Probably after he made a grab for her and she struck back.

Wouldn't be surprised if the full autopsy report a month from now will show a skull fracture and that MT probably had a concussion. Doubtful MT could resist after she went down.
The autopsy report will only be released to the family; if they request it.

It’s not a sexual assault if no sexual assault can be proven to have occurred when she was alive. It doesn’t matter why he set out to encounter Mollie. Charges and convictions are based on only what can be proven to have actually occurred involving the exact manner by which he caused her death.

That he brought and then allegedly used a knife potentially proves he preplanned murder deliberately if she did not willingly cooperate. Multiple stabbing wounds typically prove obvious intent as the perp does so to ensure the victim does not survive.

On the other hand, first degree murder based on a forced felony is often a charge that’s applied even if the perp didn’t intend for the victim to die and the death was caused by the forcible felony that was committed. For example, an abduction whereby the victim is forcibly bound and then chokes to death.

So I don’t quite get it - are you thinking that police botched it somehow, that 1st degree premeditated murder is inconsequential in the eyes of the law? Because it’s certainly not.
"If she did not willingly cooperate" ??? Sorry Misty, your waters are getting dark and murky for me.

I believe nothing he said. It’s almost like he's blaming her or saying he was threatened by her. Also he said he was just trying to be friendly. Pure BS!
The words of any alleged killer serve to support them not the person they alleged to have killed. What I’m saying is it is their story. LE has the real story and can determine the actual truth, if it can be known. I personally don’t trust any part of an alleged killers story... why should anyone believe him? Only if he pled guilty and then was required to tell the court what actually happened and it coincided with LE and evidence obtained to prosecute him then it would be significant.

The words of any alleged killer serve to support them not the person they alleged to have killed. What I’m saying is it is their story. LE has the real story and can determine the actual truth, if it can be known. I personally don’t trust any part of an alleged killers story... why should anyone believe him? Only if he pled guilty and then was required to tell the court what actually happened and it coincided with LE and evidence obtained to prosecute him then it would be significant.

He's had 5 weeks to think of what to say; 'the what if I get caught scenario'; I don't think people are that 'naive' to believe it; members can run with it because it might be the truth, we just don't know.
If the case reaches Trial; the prosecution will demonstrate the 'huge gaps' that appear in his story.

*snipped by me*

I don't think the exact manner that caused her death has to be proven. If that was true, no one would ever be convicted if a body isn't found and people have been convicted of murder without a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop