IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems there are many possibilities. If he put her in the trunk before he killed her and took her to another location, he had to have done something to cause her to bleed, unless of course he is lying. Does anyone know if they have confirmed anything about what evidence was found in the trunk?

CR has had a month to think about this and devise a plan if 'interrogated'.
As he knows possibly traces of blood may be left in boot (even after loads of cleaning), he has decided to state he saw blood on her head when he opened the boot (this would cover, any traces found).
Of course, he can't remember, due to his blackout, how head injury occurred.
He doesn't state there are stab wounds over her body, implying Mollie hasn't been stabbed (that during his blackout, he didn't inflict the stab wounds).
He states, he places her in the cornfields.

Mollie was located in the cornfields as CR led LE to the site.
We are informed Mollie has multiple stab wounds.
So CR has had another blackout, as now Mollie has stab wounds: previously he only observed blood on her head.
Where did this stabbing occur: at initial interaction, in car, in cornfields, elsewhere?
Poor CR blacks out during any/all of these times as cannot remember.o_O
So CR has recurrent blackouts, and only remembers his plan for LE. Poor CR.o_Oo_O

If there is a trial, could the Defence use the fact, anyone could have stabbed Mollie in the cornfields, after CR left her there?
Jurors would be required to think of possibilities, creating doubt.

These are all my thoughts only, and wonder, if anyone may think similarly: could Defence use this tactic, to create doubt, or am I too imaginative !!!!
There have been many cases, when verdict has been 'not guilty', due to doubt created, where the majority of the public think otherwise.

Last edited:
Can anyone verify that IM lived very close to Boundary and 385th?

I though I read that somewhere.

I hadn’t noticed it stated via MSM if she still lived in Brooklyn or where she presently lived.

All trunks open from the inside.

CR stated when he opened the trunk, he noticed Mollie had blood on her head. The autopsy stated she died from multiple sharp force injuries, obviously causing blood loss.

Very minor correction

Late model cars are equipped with a way to open a trunk from the inside. I’ll look it up and finish post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.at...heres-an-escape-release-in-your-car-trunk.amp

I think this happened in the mid to late mid 1990s. Now it’s standard equipment. I took a ride in a trunk once. A girl was warning me off her boyfriend. It worked.

Last edited:
So what community would CR be a part of then?

SN, I hear you loud and clear, but could he be referring to the Hispanic farm based sub rosa ghetto community that does not participate in any mainstream Brooklyn activities, other than Casey's (It's the pizza), school for their kids and Church (they're mainly Catholic you know...and, well, you know how us Catholics can be...)...just my thoughts.

As an aside, there is a Maid-Rite near the new attorney's office. Iowa cuisine at it's best! (No, I jest, as I have had better in Iowa). As a local, just WHAT is native Iowa cuisine? I mean aside from Brats, SWEET corn on the cob, and potato salad? While at school in Davenport, I once boiled 20lbs of shrimp at the Student Union bar with cajun seasoning, Iowa SWEET corn and veggies, and the locals and the Australians went nuts! Ah, life on the storied Iowa coast!

What was the location of the video showing Mollie and the Malibu? Do we have an address? All I can find is 'east of town'.

ETA I found it:

"Investigators said in a 4:00 p.m. news conference that a body was discovered this morning. The identity has not been confirmed, however they believe it's Mollie Tibbetts. Investigators say they have critical video, showing Mollie running in rural Poweshiek County weeks ago. They have identified a vehicle driving past her belonging to Rivera. They say he happened to drive near Mollie, even jogging with her at one point. "

Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts waives preliminary hearing

Last edited:
I hadn’t noticed it stated via MSM if she still lived in Brooklyn or where she presently lived.

I don’t have FB or read any other things other than msm

I only asked because I recall reading that she lived in that vicinity and my first thought was he had seen Mollie jogging when he was visiting his daughter.

Maybe mixing up articles and places.

I was just sitting here thinking about the head injury. Does anyone think it's possible that when he was trying to place her in the trunk she tried to sit up and he slammed it shut on her head?
I will not even pretend to have read all these threads, so I don't know if this has been suggested or not.
That’s a possibility. I really think whatever happened must have taken place in the cornfield because otherwise there would likely be a significant amount of blood in his car that he would have to explain to anyone who had access to his car. Not sure of the condition of his car, but I suspect what little blood was in it he was able to clean.

bbm

Yes, auto manufacturers are required to include a glow-in-the-dark handle / trunk lid release mechanism inside every automobile trunk. But someone trapped within a trunk must know the glow-in-the-dark release handle exists and its purpose. I suspect not everyone knows. Even if someone sees the glow-in-the-dark handle they might not necessarily be able to read what's printed/embedded on the handle if their eyesight does not allow them to read at close range or in low-light conditions.

There is an Escape Release in Your Car Trunk Because This Woman Got Kidnapped

I wonder if MT's blood spilled on the street at any point during the confrontation / body movement? It rained sporadically July 19 but by then spilled blood would have been dried and not easily 'washed away' with rain.
But, I think the glow in the dark handle release is a new thing. What year was his Malibu?

I’ve got to question whether she actually jogged out of town on that rural blacktop regularly - there was no mention of that whatsoever until her body was found. Her possible route variations before that were all within the town.

During my every-day bicycling days, no one besides myself would or could know my routes on any given day, even though I rode many of the same routes. Now, bicycling routes typically cover much greater distances than that of runners but my point is, I would choose my route the moment my arse hit the seat of which ever bike I happened to be riding that day. MT may have had a few routes within and through town, through the outer perimeter and combinations thereof. As for MT's route on July 18, only eyewitness accounts and surveillance camera video could reveal partial information, with the remaining, if any, left to assumption and/or speculation.

Last edited:
CR has had a month to think about this and devise a plan if 'interrogated'.
As he knows possibly traces of blood may be left in boot (even after loads of cleaning), he has decided to state he saw blood on her head when he opened the boot (this would cover, any traces found).
Of course, he can't remember, due to his blackout, how head injury occurred.
He doesn't state there are stab wounds over her body, implying Mollie hasn't been stabbed (that during his blackout, he didn't inflict the stab wounds).
He states, he places her in the cornfields.

Mollie was located in the cornfields as CR led LE to the site.
We are informed Mollie has multiple stab wounds.
So CR has another blackout, as now Mollie has stab wounds: previously he only observed blood on her head.
Where did this stabbing occur: at initial interaction, in car, in cornfields, elsewhere?
Poor CR blacks out during any/all of these times as cannot remember.o_O
So CR has recurrent blackouts, and only remembers his plan for LE. Poor CR.o_Oo_O

If there is a trial, could the Defence use the fact, anyone could have stabbed Mollie in the cornfields, after CR left her there?
Jurors would be required to think of possibilities, creating doubt.

These are all my thoughts only, and wonder, if anyone may think similarly: could Defence use this tactic, to create doubt, or am I too imaginative !!!!
There have been many cases, when verdict has been 'not guilty', due to doubt created, where the majority of the public think otherwise.

It’s a tad too imaginative I think. For CR to have placed Mollie in the trunk and then dragged/carried her into the cornfield, the defence would need to explain why the physically fit victim, predicted to fight back by her family, was instead passively cooperative throughout abduction by CR.

I’ve got to question whether she actually jogged out of town on that rural blacktop regularly - there was no mention of that whatsoever until her body was found. Her possible route variations before that were all within the town.

Route variations were 100% speculation. Police have not released any information about Mollie's route excepting what is in the arrest warrant.

The warrant states that at or near 1900 385 Ave, an incident involving Mollie occurred at roughly 7:45PM.

Wouldn't that mean that Mollie was indeed running East of Brooklyn?

Brooklyn is tricky because there is a 385th St. and also a 385th Ave. The 385th St. is near the house MT was dog-sitting (on the west end of town), but 385th Ave. is the road that runs east out of town at the northeast corner of Brooklyn. If you look on the map, the 1900 block runs between the bend in the road and 200 St. It's somewhere in that stretch that the affidavit says she was abducted, and there's nothing but fields along that stretch.
Actually, they're both 385th Avenue, but the part on the west turns into W. Des Moines and then it starts up again somewhere on the east side, I believe.
I don't have a link, but somewhere in the first or second thread it was said that one of her routes was by the cornfields. I think that was how the rumor got started that she had been running through the cornfields.

I don’t have FB or read any other things other than msm

I only asked because I recall reading that she lived in that vicinity and my first thought was he had seen Mollie jogging when he was visiting his daughter.

Maybe mixing up articles and places.

I don’t do FB either. But iirc LE did say he might’ve noticed her running in the past.

But in a MSM news article, it was reported that the local running community ran that stretch of 385th Ave in a memorial run for MT as it was "one of her favorite routes" for running, and is known by locals as "the blacktop". Sounds like the kind of route a cross-country runner in training for a half-marathon might use.

I KNOW you are not comfortable with the thought of her running out there alone, but up until now, no one had any reason to be afraid.

Hindsight is a real bear! Somedays you get the bear, some days he gets you!

It’s a tad too imaginative I think. For CR to have placed Mollie in the trunk and then dragged/carried her into the cornfield, the defence would need to explain why the physically fit victim, predicted to fight back by her family, was instead passively cooperative throughout abduction by CR.

He was clearly larger and stronger then she was. It's not at all inconceivable that he could have easily overpowered her and dragged her into the cornfield. But more than likely he did it by threatening her with the knife.

I agree, but there were substantial rumors of a black/dark suv/vehicle that seemed to run the rumor trac that entire time. If there was just enough truth in that rumor and the type of vehicle was incorrect????

I wonder.........

That rumour fuelled speculation that Mollie was abducted from her boyfriend’s house in the middle of the night.

Mollie Tibbetts Update: Neighbor Saw Mystery Black SUV | Heavy.com
“The neighbor reported the account to authorities, Fox reported, and said she spotted the SUV between 11 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. on the night in question.”

I don’t do FB either. But iirc LE did say he might’ve noticed her running in the past.

I found what I had read, she and Mollie lived about 2 miles apart growing up.

If he worked all day chances are he only spotted Mollie while she out running late afternoons, that’s why I was thinking he could have been in town visiting his baby at those times.

Mollie worked away from town so they most likely wouldn’t bump into each other at lunch spots and any spots as they both worked.

So that leaves after work and weekends to “stalk” her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member