IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie wasn’t a lot smaller than CR. A highly athletic female faced with an attacker banishing a knife has several self defence options. The first one that comes to mind is attempting a vigorous kick to a certain location on his body. Her fighting back is a reason for him to get very upset and block his memory of inflicting multiple sharp force injuries.

Unfortunately, their closeness in physical stature and her athleticism may be the reason he had to kill her, with whatever was at hand, if he was losing control of the situation. Unfortunately, MT wasn't a killer, but farm hand CR was.

Again, her death was not her fault, it was CR who decided MT's fate that day!

Actually, they're both 385th Avenue, but the part on the west turns into W. Des Moines and then it starts up again somewhere on the east side, I believe.

I don't have a link, but somewhere in the first or second thread it was said that one of her routes was by the cornfields. I think that was how the rumor got started that she had been running through the cornfields.
Yes, Boundry St is on the east side of town with cornfields. Those are some of the fields the local search parties were digging through at the beginning.

That’s all of a sudden one of her favorite routes? I get what you’re saying but can’t understand why we only heard about it after the body was found.

Because it came out to us in MSM as an aside from her fellow runners, at a memorial for her after her death. Wasn't one of the "red dots" of LE interest on their map out in this general area? This info, known to LE at that time, could be part of the reason for their request about observations in this area and further east following the general direction of 385th .

I think when she told him she was calling the police if he didn't leave her alone that was it. He knew if they came it was over. He had to act.

Your comment reminded me of something. Written in the affidavit was only the part about Mollie’s threat to call police. But during the press conference, what you said is correct.

“.....He actually tells us that he ran alongside of her or behind her," said Rick Rahn, special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation during a news conference on Tuesday. "And then, at one point, he tells us that Mollie grabbed ahold of her phone and said, 'You need to leave me alone. I'm going to call the police.' And then, she took off running and he, in turn, chased her down."...”
Missing Iowa student told man who followed her she would call police - CNN

So CR even admitted to LE that Mollie gave him an easy out, just go away. And he didn’t. How heartbreakingly senseless.....

Because it came out to us in MSM as an aside from her fellow runners, at a memorial for her after her death. Wasn't one of the "red dots" of LE interest on theeir map out in this general area? This info, known to LE at that time, could be part of the reason for their request about observations in this area and further east following the general direction of 385th .
Before the body was found there was a lot of info about her routes. People here at WS were putting together maps with potential routes. I studied those maps before I went there to film hoping to cover as much relevant routes as I could. Not one mention of “hey, sometimes she leaves town and runs down the blacktop.” But now it’s “oh yeah, she runs there all the time.” I don’t get it.

Your last two sentences have been bugging me too, how did they get in his lap?

Do he grab her phone from her and they were attached?
That is a very good question and one that we all would love to know.

SN, I hear you loud and clear, but could he be referring to the Hispanic farm based sub rosa ghetto community that does not participate in any mainstream Brooklyn activities, other than Casey's (It's the pizza), school for their kids and Church (they're mainly Catholic you know...and, well, you know how us Catholics can be...)...just my thoughts.

As an aside, there is a Maid-Rite near the new attorney's office. Iowa cuisine at it's best! (No, I jest, as I have had better in Iowa). As a local, just WHAT is native Iowa cuisine? I mean aside from Brats, SWEET corn on the cob, and potato salad? While at school in Davenport, I once boiled 20lbs of shrimp at the Student Union bar with cajun seasoning, Iowa SWEET corn and veggies, and the locals and the Australians went nuts! Ah, life on the storied Iowa coast!
He’s certainly a member of the Brooklyn community by any measure. He might very well have a small social circle and limited interaction within the community - but in all fairness, that would describe me as well.

Before I go to work I wanted to state a few things about the affidavit that I was wondering about:

"...The defendant further describes during the interview that he dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield. Rivera described he put her over his shoulder and took her 20 meters into the cornfield and he left her covered in some corn leaves and that he left her there, face up..."

Doesn't this sound like TWO different situations in this period of time?
...draged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield.

...he put her over his shoulder ant took her 20 meters into the cornfield and lefter her covered...

With the first one she was dragged on foot to a secluded location. After that he carried her over his shoulder 20 meters into the cornfield.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing found at the scene where the body was located and tentative identification by the medical examiner based on information about certain articles of clothing, the deceased female is Mollie Tibbetts...."

Why doesn't it just say: "Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing and tentative identification by the medical..."?

Doesn't it sound like her clothing were found and the body was found?

Before the body was found there was a lot of info about her routes. People here at WS were putting together maps with potential routes. I studied those maps before I went there to film hoping to cover as much relevant routes as I could. Not one mention of “hey, sometimes she leaves town and runs down the blacktop.” But now it’s “oh yeah, she runs there all the time.” I don’t get it.

Because it's another crumb of info we have gleaned through MSM, that only came out after her death. Or the source for MSM about this is just gilding the lily because he now knows where MT was killed. OR the locals were acting as tight lipped as LE, and only now are tongues loosening.

Your comment reminded me of something. Written in the affidavit was only the part about Mollie’s threat to call police. But during the press conference, what you said is correct.

“.....He actually tells us that he ran alongside of her or behind her," said Rick Rahn, special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation during a news conference on Tuesday. "And then, at one point, he tells us that Mollie grabbed ahold of her phone and said, 'You need to leave me alone. I'm going to call the police.' And then, she took off running and he, in turn, chased her down."...”
Missing Iowa student told man who followed her she would call police - CNN

So CR even admitted to LE that Mollie gave him an easy out, just go away. And he didn’t. How heartbreakingly senseless.....
I believe that he did run behind her, but only in the sense that he chased her down. The rest I don't believe.

Before I go to work I wanted to state a few things about the affidavit that I was wondering about:

"...The defendant further describes during the interview that he dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield. Rivera described he put her over his shoulder and took her 20 meters into the cornfield and he left her covered in some corn leaves and that he left her there, face up..."

Doesn't this sound like TWO different situations in this period of time?
...draged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield.

...he put her over his shoulder ant took her 20 meters into the cornfield and lefter her covered...

With the first one she was dragged on foot to a secluded location. After that he carried her over his shoulder 20 meters into the cornfield.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing found at the scene where the body was located and tentative identification by the medical examiner based on information about certain articles of clothing, the deceased female is Mollie Tibbetts...."

Why doesn't it just say: "Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing and tentative identification by the medical..."?

Doesn't it sound like her clothing were found and the body was found?

Yes, IMO, it sounds like there were two different situations and what I believe to have happened

First to the secluded area

Then to lay her in the cornfield

It’s worded to sound as if her clothes were in the same location as her body, not her clothed body was found.

IMO, it indicates that her clothes were separated from her.

Last edited:

I feel the same way about the possibilities she made it home after her run or alive was with someone who misunderstood. LE kept so much under wrap. I hope it makes sense at the trial.

LE would have researched this extensively. Since they stated that that MT and CR were not connected in anyway. I would imagine this voices out this scenario. MOO
I think we would have heard by now if true, but I’m sure many have wondered about it.

Although LE has been tight lipped and there have been threats to the community, maybe they are not leaking out info for safety reasons?

Last edited:
But in a MSM news article, it was reported that the local running community ran that stretch of 385th Ave in a memorial run for MT as it was "one of her favorite routes" for running, and is known by locals as "the blacktop". Sounds like the kind of route a cross-country runner in training for a half-marathon might use.

I KNOW you are not comfortable with the thought of her running out there alone, but up until now, no one had any reason to be afraid.

Hindsight is a real bear! Somedays you get the bear, some days he gets you!
If that's the route they ran and it's described as one of her favorite routes, which surely her boyfriend and her family would know, then that's enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member