IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While in jail, is CR likely in solitary confinement or in the general population? Any reason to believe he has been, or may now be on suicide watch? What is the likelihood there are other Spanish-speaking cellmates, or Spanish-speaking guards or jailers? Even with his ability to speak English, I would assume that he is more comfortable conversing in Spanish. Were there any such someone physically close to him inside the jail walls, it seems there would be a better chance he may talk and give up more information. JMO

Your comment reminded me of something. Written in the affidavit was only the part about Mollie’s threat to call police. But during the press conference, what you said is correct.

“.....He actually tells us that he ran alongside of her or behind her," said Rick Rahn, special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation during a news conference on Tuesday. "And then, at one point, he tells us that Mollie grabbed ahold of her phone and said, 'You need to leave me alone. I'm going to call the police.' And then, she took off running and he, in turn, chased her down."...”
Missing Iowa student told man who followed her she would call police - CNN

So CR even admitted to LE that Mollie gave him an easy out, just go away. And he didn’t. How heartbreakingly senseless.....

He had numerous outs, if you believe his version

Persuing her From his car

Running beside her

Running behind her

Mollie calling police

I don’t believe he got out of his car to run with her, that puts too much distance from his get away

I think he probably hit her with his car or pulled ahead and ambushed her as she ran by.

In all honesty when I first heard earbuds in his lap I immedielty thought SA, because he brought attention to that area of his body.

delete

Last edited:
<modsnip: OP was removed>

His earbud story is beyond ridiculous from what we are privy too, unless there is more info we don’t know.

How does he go from earbuds in his lap to “oh ya there’s a girl in my trunk”

He’s blocked out from the time she says she’s calling 911, how does he recall a girl in the trunk from earbuds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this is what I think you might be remembering -

“Public records also link Rivera's girlfriend Iris Monarrez to the $100,000 house which sits on 39 acres of farmland and is a six-minute drive from the spot along 385th Avenue where Rivera allegedly dragged Mollie into his car.”
The trailer on Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

YES!

Thank you, I knew I read it somewhere!!!!!!

I wonder if he could see her jogging from there?

Reports from his co-workers said she lived with with and went to her Mom’s the day he was arrested, that’s something that’s been overlooked too.

Unfortunately, their closeness in physical stature and her athleticism may be the reason he had to kill her, with whatever was at hand, if he was losing control of the situation. Unfortunately, MT wasn't a killer, but farm hand CR was.

Again, her death was not her fault, it was CR who decided MT's fate that day!
Plus he had a knife or sharp object of some kind. Not a fair fight.

delete

Last edited:
Oh this is what I think you might be remembering -

“Public records also link Rivera's girlfriend Iris Monarrez to the $100,000 house which sits on 39 acres of farmland and is a six-minute drive from the spot along 385th Avenue where Rivera allegedly dragged Mollie into his car.”
The trailer on Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

The prominent Iowa family hires a number of migrant workers and accommodates them in a series of trailers and properties, including the tumbledown dwelling on 200th Street, Brooklyn.

Public records also link Rivera's girlfriend Iris Monarrez to the $100,000 house which sits on 39 acres of farmland and is a six-minute drive from the spot along 385th Avenue where Rivera allegedly dragged Mollie into his car.

So are we to assume IM lived in the dwelling on 200th street, it’s confusing.

It’s about 13 minutes out of Brooklyn

So do you think that Mollie was abducted from the side of the country road by knifepoint and she complied?

By the description of her personality by her family, I disagree. It’s also common knowledge that the odds of survival are greater if a victim fights to prevent an abduction, as opposed to the unknown fate in an unknown location as abductors rarely allow their victims to walk free.
Well, what might make sense is that he held a knife to her throat and she didn't comply, and that's how she was bleeding while she was in the trunk.

He had numerous outs, if you believe his version

Persuing her From his car

Running beside her

Running behind her

Mollie calling police

I don’t believe he got out of his car to run with her, that puts too much distance from his get away

I think he probably hit her with his car or pulled ahead and ambushed her as she ran by.

Yes he sure did. But to admit also at some point she asked him to leave her alone, in addition to the vicious element of the autopsy findings, it’s no surprise LE filed premeditated 1st degree murder charges so quickly.

“On or about the above stated date and time, the Defendent did, having malice aforethough, willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kill MCT.”
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

His earbud story is beyond ridiculous from what we are privy too, unless there is more info we don’t know.

How does he go from earbuds in his lap to “oh ya there’s a girl in my trunk”

He’s blocked out from the time she says she’s calling 911, how does he recall a girl in the trunk from earbuds?

I'm hoping he blocked out because Mollie beat the holy *advertiser censored* out of him. May he rot in hell.

Before I go to work I wanted to state a few things about the affidavit that I was wondering about:

"...The defendant further describes during the interview that he dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield. Rivera described he put her over his shoulder and took her 20 meters into the cornfield and he left her covered in some corn leaves and that he left her there, face up..."

Doesn't this sound like TWO different situations in this period of time?
...draged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle to a secluded location in a cornfield.

...he put her over his shoulder ant took her 20 meters into the cornfield and lefter her covered...

With the first one she was dragged on foot to a secluded location. After that he carried her over his shoulder 20 meters into the cornfield.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing found at the scene where the body was located and tentative identification by the medical examiner based on information about certain articles of clothing, the deceased female is Mollie Tibbetts...."

Why doesn't it just say: "Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing and tentative identification by the medical..."?

Doesn't it sound like her clothing were found and the body was found?
I think it's very possible that he started off dragging her into the cornfield, and when that became too difficult he slung her over his shoulder to carry her the rest of the way. As for the clothing, it was probably found with the body but was very difficult at that stage to know if they had been on her or not. Mo

Yes he sure did. But to admit also at some point she asked him to leave her alone, in addition to the vicious element of the autopsy findings, it’s no surprise LE filed premeditated 1st degree murder charges so quickly.

“On or about the above stated date and time, the Defendent did, having malice aforethough, willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kill MCT.”
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

From the warrant

03-admission/statements

09-near the scene of crime

13-caused personal injury

They could see she had been injured with the naked eye when he showed them the body.

I was thinking, is it possible that CR could have known anyone who lives near 1900 385th, maybe slightly past it, that he would feel his car wouldn’t be out of place to be there but would provide easy access to grab Mollie?

He could have possibly parked in the drive at the house that was being built.

YES!

Thank you, I knew I read it somewhere!!!!!!

I wonder if he could see her jogging from there?

Reports from his co-workers said she lived with with and went to her Mom’s the day he was arrested, that’s something that’s been overlooked too.
Actually there was a report that she had moved to her mom's very soon after the arrest. Maybe she felt she needed the support, or just wanted to get away from the area to avoid being hounded by the media. Apparently Rivera was involved with the child regularly, so maybe she needed help.

JMO but there has been zero evidence that a sexual assault occurred and IMO it is very disrespectful to MT's family and friends *and especially DJ* to possibly be reading about it on WS's. C'mon posters... we are better than that. MOO.

It’s true, no facts have been released to indicate a SA occurred and it is known Mollie suffered a horrible fate without added imaginative speculation to make it even more horrendous. It would indeed be disturbing for family members and friends to read.

As CR chose to implicate himself with more than enough details to qualify for the first degree murder charges that were laid against him, I can’t think of one good reason why the State would be motivated to argue any other creative theory against such a confession. Should this case go to trial, imo his self-admissions will become the prosecution’s key evidence to gain a conviction against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay