IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, CR was located, in connection with the black Malibu the day before the press conference. But in the video I’m not hearing Rahn say the existence of the black Malibu was just discovered a day or two before. Quite the opposite actually.

Rahn says the home video was turned over to LE during a canvas, “through that they were able to identify a vehicle”, were able to determine the routes, it connected to when Mollie was last seen. They got the video “a week or two ago” and they spent hours creating a timeline. Mentioned “to you last week that we felt very good about our timeline”...... Therefore that says to me the black Malibu was on their radar for a number of days.

If I missed something, what time on the video is it stated the black Malibu was only discovered via a home security camera a day or so prior to the presser?

LE didn't know the location of the Malibu.

What about a Stun Gun. That was used in another case of abduction I followed.

Yeah, with enough decomp the burn mark's might not show, unless this was an episode of Quincy or Bones.

What about a slap jack as they don't usually kill or leave a skull fracture that would show up on autopsy. Some scalp brusing, but after 33 days of marinating in the heat, that might not show on autopsy.

How about a plastic bag thrust over her head, and used to choke her and drag her to the trunk, and then he slammed her head with the trunk lid causing the head wound(thanks T. Rex)...

OR a garrote...

After a SOLID month of following this thread, I will conscede that almost ANY S.W.A.G is possible, and you and everybody else are entitled to an opinion.

What about Col Mustard, in the Library of the home under renovation at 1900 385th Ave, causing the head wound with the flat base of a brass candlestick?

Anything is possible.

Last edited:
bbm

Yes, auto manufacturers are required to include a glow-in-the-dark handle / trunk lid release mechanism inside every automobile trunk. But someone trapped within a trunk must know the glow-in-the-dark release handle exists and its purpose. I suspect not everyone knows. Even if someone sees the glow-in-the-dark handle they might not necessarily be able to read what's printed/embedded on the handle if their eyesight does not allow them to read at close range or in low-light conditions.

There is an Escape Release in Your Car Trunk Because This Woman Got Kidnapped

I wonder if MT's blood spilled on the street at any point during the confrontation / body movement? It rained sporadically July 19 but by then spilled blood would have been dried and not easily 'washed away' with rain.
Wow, that was a long read. But very interesting. I never knew about that glow in the dark handle.

they were earbuds without a cord and don't get me started on Jon Benet Ramsey!

LOL got ya!!

I'm not sold on the garrote theory AT ALL. But these are wireless blue tooth ear buds.

61uJKcqkfKL._SL1001_.jpg

Thats right, he was able to describe her clothing. And describe her ear phone. He also stated an earbud was on his lap. Isn't there something about the clothes "with" her?

When he described what she looked like when he opened the trunk, he said said she was "wearing clothes" but later in the affidavit it says "Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing found at the scene where the body was located..."

So whether the wording means anything, not sure, does lead to some speculation though...moo

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

When he described what she looked like when he opened the trunk, he said said she was "wearing clothes" but later in the affidavit it says "Based on the interview with Rivera, the clothing found at the scene where the body was located..."

So whether the wording means anything, not sure, does lead to some speculation though...moo

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

I suspect CR did more than just remove MT from the trunk and place her in the corn field. I also suspect some of what CR might have done (post main attack) occurred before MT was placed in the trunk.

I suppose it means that his description matched the clothing that was found with her body.

If she left for her run around 7:30pm, she most likely would have been able to run to the end of 385th Ave. and be back in town no later than 8:15, and to her mom's shortly after. It's pushing dusk, but from what her boyfriend and family said, her running at that time of the day and for 45 minutes was her routine. She'd probably jogged those roads for years and had no reason to think that night would be any different from any other. That's what's so distressing.

The end of dusk was not until 9:15ish that day. So, yeah.

bbm

Yes, auto manufacturers are required to include a glow-in-the-dark handle / trunk lid release mechanism inside every automobile trunk. But someone trapped within a trunk must know the glow-in-the-dark release handle exists and its purpose. I suspect not everyone knows. Even if someone sees the glow-in-the-dark handle they might not necessarily be able to read what's printed/embedded on the handle if their eyesight does not allow them to read at close range or in low-light conditions.

There is an Escape Release in Your Car Trunk Because This Woman Got Kidnapped

I wonder if MT's blood spilled on the street at any point during the confrontation / body movement? It rained sporadically July 19 but by then spilled blood would have been dried and not easily 'washed away' with rain.

Pure speculation but the initial confrontation could’ve occurred on the side of the road and then continued into the ditch. I don’t know if it rained enough for water to flow through the ditch and wash away blood but it might’ve.

And if it’s true CR ran behind or along side Mollie for any distance (or perhaps she attempted to flee), at some point he’d have to return to his vehicle and drive to the location Mollie lay. Which is why it’s possible he left her body in the ditch for a short time (as opposed to the middle of the road as that just seems way to obvious for someone with the known mindset of hiding his crime), then he put her in the trunk to transport her, so she wouldn’t be discovered.

JMO

What that tells us is that the investigative work was bang on, and police were correct in their analysis/profile of the suspect when they determined that the suspect would not be part of the Brooklyn community, but would be familiar with the area.

They did not identify the suspect for another 6 days.
So what community would CR be a part of then?

If she left for her run around 7:30pm, she most likely would have been able to run to the end of 385th Ave. and be back in town no later than 8:15, and to her mom's shortly after. It's pushing dusk, but from what her boyfriend and family said, her running at that time of the day and for 45 minutes was her routine. She'd probably jogged those roads for years and had no reason to think that night would be any different from any other. That's what's so distressing.
I’ve got to question whether she actually jogged out of town on that rural blacktop regularly - there was no mention of that whatsoever until her body was found. Her possible route variations before that were all within the town.

LE didn't know the location of the Malibu.

That’s true, in a rural area security cameras wouldn’t reveal exactly where the person driving the black Malibu lived but it could reveal what roads it travelled into and out of town.....ie possibly how LE was able to determine the suspect wasn’t from the community of Brooklyn.

Once LE examined the home security video to indicate the black Malibu was circling, they’d attempt to locate the same vehicle in any of the other videos in their possession. IIRC the red dot map included entrances and exits to and from Brooklyn.

What that tells us is that the investigative work was bang on, and police were correct in their analysis/profile of the suspect when they determined that the suspect would not be part of the Brooklyn community, but would be familiar with the area.

I agree

They did not identify the suspect for another 6 days.

I agree, but there were substantial rumors of a black/dark suv/vehicle that seemed to run the rumor trac that entire time. If there was just enough truth in that rumor and the type of vehicle was incorrect????

I wonder.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member