IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, he's a sexual preditor as well, he killed her because she wasn't interested in him. That is a sexual preditor. It is not "opinion", it's the truth. You cannot blame his murdering that poor girl on anyone but himself. It's not his society's fault, nobody made him a murderer. He made himself a murderer. Yes, your personality is set at birth. That's the reason bad families have good kids and good families have bad kids.
Yay! Kitty cats here. I agree with your opinion. But I just want to point out that although people are born with a genetic tendency for a personality disorder, it is actually that combined with environmental factors that determine whether or not one will develop a disorder. Many theorists tend to believe one may be more influential than the other, but they do accept that it is a combination of both. There is actually no known cause. But this is what is accepted and believed in the world of Pyschology. Combination of the two.

Yes that’s certainly possible. On the other hand it might be there was nothing at all known about CR that ever gave indication that he was capable of committing such an atrocity.

My immediate thought when I read those type of it-could-of-been-me media reports is if CR was aggressive or creepy and they felt even remotely in danger, why didn’t any of those other females report the incident to police at the time it happened?
So, you think the women are lying about it? Even though CR is a MURDERER?

Where did I suggest moving to Mexico means a death sentence? I said those deported were being targeted. And it is fact. Nothing farfetched about it.
'We own this place': Gangs prey on deportees along the U.S.-Mexico border | Mexico | Dallas News

I will agree with both of you. Been to Mexico man many times. BUT 4 years ago all of my law enforcement family in San Diego flat out refused to allow me to even speak of going to Mexico.

And they would know far better than me if the danger or risk traveling over the border to buy ceramic sinks for my bathroom.

That's my impression as well, especially in light of the fact that police mentioned that he had "previously" seen Mollie jogging. What that suggests to me is that this may not have been the first time that he planned to abduct Mollie, but this was the first time that everything lined up such that he believed his risks were managed. The only factor that he overlooked was the distant CCTV footage that captured part of his uniquely detailed car.
I wonder if the police simply asked CR if he'd seen her jogging before and he said he had. If she ran regularly for years, a lot of people would have to admit to having seen her jog. If CR voluntarily brought it up, however, that might be a bigger indicator of stalking? JMO

By the way, he's a sexual preditor as well, he killed her because she wasn't interested in him. That is a sexual preditor. It is not "opinion", it's the truth. You cannot blame his murdering that poor girl on anyone but himself. It's not his society's fault, nobody made him a murderer. He made himself a murderer. Yes, your personality is set at birth. That's the reason bad families have good kids and good families have bad kids.

BBM...Respectfully, you continue to say this, although most people feel otherwise. If you are an expert in this field, I would suggest getting verified as an expert, so that we can assume that you know more than we do. Otherwise, please provide a link that verifies this feeling you have, or please state that it is only your opinion. Thank you.

None of these women after these incidents thought to mention this behavior to LE when MT went missing?
Mention some creep asked them out? Everyone has experienced that nasty occurance. You can't call the police just because someone is creepy and drooling over you. What would they put in their report? The creep looked at me funny? The creep made me feel dirty?

(snipped...)

Yes, I agree that they're concerned about getting caught and weigh risks. In Mollie's case, I believe that's why she was abducted from that area...he was not as likely to be caught. But because in Mollie's case he could be relatively sure she was sufficiently isolated, I don't think fear of police showing up and arresting him or deporting him was on his screen of concern. I think his mission was to get her and other variables were already weighed, and he was on a 'schedule' because waiting longer would increase the risk.

What you're saying and the graphic you posted reminds me of wing suit flying. Haven't done it but follow a climber who wing suits and talks a lot about risks and fear and managing them, and making decisions about whether or not to jump. She said barring obvious dangers and obstacles like major weather that make you stay home altogether that day, you hike up, suit up and go to the edge and do a final assessment and if it just doesn't check and balance, you don't jump, you go back down the mountain. I think any potentially risky activity is that way and it's either "not today", which may have been his decision numerous times previously, or, "3-2-1 jump". A final decision has to be made in the moment because that moment is all you have if you are going to act. I believe that he assessed that evening and his timing as golden and he made a swift and exacting decision to 'jump'.

Excellent post!!

9ad2616488d90f373eda512257f2d8db42ea558a.gif~c200

CR committed a crime that ensures he won't be deported. If he had assaulted Mollie and left it at that, he would be sent to prison and then deported. There are Mexican gangs targeting and killing people who have been deported from the U.S. including a DACA young man in Des Moines deported the month prior to Mollie's murder. He was murdered in Mexico two weeks later. I don't pretend to know what was going on in CR's head but it wouldn't surprise me if he truly did panic.
I agree, I think it was more of a struggle then he thought it was going to be. He started losing control.

I agree with you on this. I respect differing opinions, but for those who think he had been scoping her out for days or weeks or longer, and knew all of her routes, so knew where to go to snatch her, I would ask this...if he had been following her and knew the route she was running, wouldn't it be far more sensible, and less risky, to hide the car and wait for her back at the house that he surely must have known she was staying at? Not to be graphically disgusting, but surely it would have been more comfortable to do whatever he desired with Mollie at the house, as opposed to the side of the road, the back seat of a car, or a cornfield. And if he had been stalking her, he probably would have known that she was alone. I have never seen any real evidence of anything he did that night being planned, and most certainly not planned well or in advance. I think he stumbled upon her, and yes, maybe he had seen her before and been fixated on her, and had thoughts of what he would love to do if the opportunity arose, but I still think he didn't know the opportunity would be there until it was. All JMO, MOO and IMO.
Why would you consider a stranger's house safer than the back of a car in a cornfield hidden from view and any unexpected visitors? He was following her, that's on video. You can't get around that fact. He attacked her and abducted her, with nobody seeing him. He carefully chose his place of attack.

Exactly

So we know he blacked out at the abduction site according to him

When he opened the trunk there was blood on her head, according to him

LE is calling it an abduction too, does that mean they feel she was alive on 385th?

I think it does.

There must be evidence that she was bleeding in his car, which means she was alive. There might also be cuts on her clothing - such as knife through clothing - that resulted in blood on the clothing. That would also suggest that she was alive at the cornfield.

Sad day when someone has lived in the USA for as many years as his uncle and never learned English.

I learned Romanian as a child because I was raised by my great grandmother. I spoke English to understand it but at the age of 5 was quickly taught very good English as a requirement for school.

It seems times have changed significantly.

Today I can understand Romanian and even some Russian, but not fluently. However I vividly recall the cuss words I repeated from relatives. I think it was the soap my great grandmother used in my mouth when I got caught telling someone to go to h__l!!!!!

Sort of reminds me of the Macaw bird my uncle had, he repeated most everything, and one day said "here comes that old SOB, I have to hang up now" (endearing term that we assume my aunt had for my uncle out of his presence) LOL. OT, but it happens.

Yes, it is sad and appalling that English would not be learned after having been here for some time. I have a funny suspicion that CR at least could speak and understand English, maybe not well, but could get by. I feel sorry for the little girl.

Because it shows that he has no remorse for his brutal killing (and probably rape) of that girl. It shows that he is a cold blooded murderer.
The fact that Rivera was victim blaming is not meant to imply that this is an excuse for killing someone. It was simply an observation made by several posters who noticed it. It is a very small part of the whole picture. True, some people may not care but for some reason it is being brought up over and over again in a debate over whether he was actually doing it or not. That's why it keeps coming up, and seems like a bigger deal than it has to be. I couldn't find original post so I am just adding it to the reply..... sorry, and of course mo

BBM...Respectfully, you continue to say this, although most people feel otherwise. If you are an expert in this field, I would suggest getting verified as an expert, so that we can assume that you know more than we do. Otherwise, please provide a link that verifies this feeling you have, or please start to say that it is only your opinion. Thank you.
Here you go. Theres plenty psychological data on the net concerning this. I read a lot on psychology you might want to do the same. So, this isn't an "opinion"
Personality decided at birth, say scientists
Personality Begins Before Birth
When Does Your Child’s Personality Develop? Experts Weigh In
Personality Set for Life By 1st Grade, Study Suggests

That's my impression as well, especially in light of the fact that police mentioned that he had "previously" seen Mollie jogging. What that suggests to me is that this may not have been the first time that he planned to abduct Mollie, but this was the first time that everything lined up such that he believed his risks were managed. The only factor that he overlooked was the distant CCTV footage that captured part of his uniquely detailed car.
I absolutely agree with you here. I think that this scenario is by far, the most likely one.

Mention some creep asked them out? Everyone has experienced that nasty occurance. You can't call the police just because someone is creepy and drooling over you. What would they put in their report? The creep looked at me funny? The creep made me feel dirty?
The police stations would be packed at night when the bars are busy if this was the case.

Prepare yourself for a barrage of posts arguing that notion. I said the same exact thing last night and was hit with at least 15 posts arguing against that very thing. I'm just relieved I can take a break trying to defend that theory.

I missed the discussion. We know he had seen her running previously, but we don't have a date except that it was during her time in Brooklyn between semesters. The limits the time frame to roughly 10 weeks maximum.

"Authorities said Bahena Rivera and Tibbetts have no known connection beyond that he allegedly told investigators that he had seen her running previously."

‘Something about him was off’: Other women say Mollie Tibbetts' suspected murderer messaged them repeatedly on social media over the years

We also have the abduction / murder though process as explained by an expert in the field. I don't think it's any sort of leap to question whether this was his first attempt to abduct Mollie, or whether this was the first time that he believed the risks were sufficiently eliminated to escape detection.

One point that is not in question is whether he felt that he had effectively managed the risks such that the probability of an arrest was so low that he had no reason to flee.

upload_2018-9-3_17-10-23.png

http://investigativepsych.com/Victim Target Networks Dr Godwin.pdf

So he drove around the block multiple times in broad daylight in a town where people know him and will recognize his vehicle because that’s all part of his stealthy plan to snatch a girl out in the open? He must really suck at planning.

I do believe there’s a strong inference he had watched her before. And it appears there are 2 others who had the same type of contact with him. Imo I think it will be known he had her movements down pretty well.

I think by admitting he had seen her is enough to suggest he may have been watching.

And I don’t believe we will have s definitive answer soon. But that’s what WS is all about. Suggesting scenarios and sleuthing.

I differ in opinion to many here and we all appreciate differing viewpoints.

And mostly are respectful, although I’ve had my moments.

Yes “before” meaning a day or more in the past, but what’s the source of “the day before” (July 17th)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston