IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know him either, but his crime says it all. It isn’t a stretch to determine that someone who hunts, assaults, abducts, and murders an innocent victim, represents an ever present danger to the community.
Well, he is locked up for murder, after taking LE to a body, so he has at least one bad quality about him, that LE doesn't like.

At this time, there's nothing to connect the suspect to any criminal activity. We do know that the suspect knows how to abduct a woman, drive her to a remote area, assault her, murder her, successfully hide the body, and show up for work in the morning as though nothing happened. That means that there will not be a lot to work with except perhaps a DNA connection.

Israel Keyes is definitely one of the most sophisticated serial killers we've seen. He didn't have much of an education either, but he was meticulous with planning. He was also brazen, relied on blitz attack, and was merciless.

We should look into bank robberies.

I sincerely doubt anyone he worked with would have admitted it.
It likely depends a great deal on if the people he worked with, were in a similar situation to him (immigration wise). You don’t want to draw attention to yourself, especially if you merely have suspicion.

Yes that’s certainly possible. On the other hand it might be there was nothing at all known about CR that ever gave indication that he was capable of committing such an atrocity.

My immediate thought when I read those type of it-could-of-been-me media reports is if CR was aggressive or creepy and they felt even remotely in danger, why didn’t any of those other females report the incident to police at the time it happened?
even if they didn't report it at the time, you'd think the story of MT going missing on a jog would stir up these memories and make CR a POI ahead of WC. It just seems like even after MT went missing, nobody said anything until CR was already named. It took the police having to find him by the car he was driving. I guess hindsight is 20/20. I also think, if he escalated from creeping to killing and had gotten away with it, he would have done it again.

And as we now know, no one thought he acted out of character

No one that would admit or turn him in, I should say.

It's a bit of a concern that he was able to pull off such a violent, horrific crime against a young woman, and immediately afterward he carried on business as usual. On that basis, as well as other factors, I find it hard to believe that this was his first murder.

My point was that this guy would have been a continued threat, and this wasn’t a “one off” event. This wasn’t simply a mistake, this was rooted far deeper than that.

He'd certainly be a continued threat. Do you think he planned to rape her or murder her? There was nothing consensual when he went after her. Evil to the core.

It's a bit of a concern that he was able to pull off such a violent, horrific crime against a young woman, and immediately afterward he carried on business as usual. On that basis, as well as other factors, I find it hard to believe that this was his first murder.
He was very comfortable with killing her and chatting with people about it, putting the blame on other people. Very cold and calculating.

He'd certainly be a continued threat. Do you think he planned to rape her or murder her? There was nothing consensual when he went after her. Evil to the core.
I definitely think he planned to rape her. Whether the murder was planned beforehand, or it happened in the spur of the moment, I can’t even venture a guess.

The only indication that he was different came from the store clerk, that he hadn’t been in lately, IIRC, but they see people all day and it’s not uncommon not to see people or find it unusual.

His co-workers are not going to report him, that’s a given, they are in contact with him all day, everyday. I’d be willing to bet they saw something out of the norm

His GF and family, his family said he was normal and even talked about the missing girl

How does one escalate so quickly with no signs?

Do we know for a fact he went to work the next day? I might have missed it in MSM, but I have wondered about that.

I don’t think anybody here is giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I for one certainly couldn’t care less about his feelings. Nobody doubts his guilt, nobody feels sorry for him.

That said, there’s no reason to twist his history before the murder into a narrative that says he must have been a creepy stalker monster all along and probably planned this for years. He doesn’t seem to be that way at all. He could be the guy that lives right down the street from you that smiles and waves when you run into him at the grocery store. And that should scare the hell out of you more than any monster you were hoping to find.
I think waving at everyone is silly myself, so CR not participating in the community greeting is no biggie to me, especially since he didn't grow up there.
I think he was creepy stalker for quite some time, but I don't think he planned to kill until he realized he'd gone to far and she was going to report him.

I saw the same thing. Very cold. No emotion. Not much in his eyes at all. I was surprised when some posters actually said he looked scared or " terrified" because the poor guy didn't understand what was going on!
agree. if it were me in his place, I'd look more like his ex looked. CR showed no emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody