IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, he's a sexual preditor as well, he killed her because she wasn't interested in him. That is a sexual preditor. It is not "opinion", it's the truth. You cannot blame his murdering that poor girl on anyone but himself. It's not his society's fault, nobody made him a murderer. He made himself a murderer. Yes, your personality is set at birth. That's the reason bad families have good kids and good families have bad kids.
What link do you have showing that he's a sexual predator?

I'd like to know why you feel it's ok to accuse me of blaming his murdering MT on anyone or thing but himself.

And again no, your personality is not set at birth. There are hundreds of things that shape your personality throughout your life. Have you ever met a child who has been abused? Definite personality changing.

IIRC, when he arrived in the USA 7-8 years ago he moved in with his aunt and uncle. At some point the couple lived in another small Iowa town North of Brooklyn, but I don't know if the suspect lived with them at the time.

I certainly considered a serial killer/rapist when Mollie went missing and I'm sure the FBI is looking into it. For myself, I've yet to make it work with CR. I need something factual, or it's like 1+1=3. Show me something concrete I can relate to.

Israel Keyes was a huge shock. Brittney Wood's entire perverted family. It happens.

You're preaching to the choir here. I think it's the one thing we all agree on.
Although he does deserve his day in court.
Actually there seems to be people here who don't consider him a cold blooded murderer. Just my opinion.

that's true. people present themselves differently to different people. case in point is when I described my dad as being abusive. He broke my mom's nose once and shoved and pinned her to the ground regularly. Well, my cousin couldn't handle it and said she wasn't going to tolerate me talking about him that way, and the only reason I was even sharing was that she wanted to know why I was in a big hurry to move out as soon as I turned 21 instead of finishing school. She always thought he was nice, and he has always treated her nice. She basically was trying to call me out for lying. She lived 4 hours away and only saw him on holidays or a few times in the summer. But, I lived with him for 21 years every day and saw a different side.
While she may have THOUGHT he was a nice guy, he was no nice guy.

Actually there seems to be people here who don't consider him a cold blooded murderer. Just my opinion.
I have pretty much read most of the posts of these 42 threads, and I have not seen 1 poster who seems to think he isn't a cold-blooded killer, or any post indicating a belief that he isn't. Just my opinion.

I certainly considered a serial killer/rapist when Mollie went missing and I'm sure the FBI is looking into it. For myself, I've yet to make it work with CR. I need something factual, or it's like 1+1=3. Show me something concrete I can relate to.

Israel Keyes was a huge shock. Brittney Wood's entire perverted family. It happens.

At this time, there's nothing to connect the suspect to any criminal activity. We do know that the suspect knows how to abduct a woman, drive her to a remote area, assault her, murder her, successfully hide the body, and show up for work in the morning as though nothing happened. That means that there will not be a lot to work with except perhaps a DNA connection.

Israel Keyes is definitely one of the most sophisticated serial killers we've seen. He didn't have much of an education either, but he was meticulous with planning. He was also brazen, relied on blitz attack, and was merciless.

Rapists, pedophiles, and sexually motivated killers, never change. No amount of psychotherapy has ever cured these people. Some have an ability to hide their true nature, but a mask is all it is.
Whether that’s true or not is irrelevant to this case. In Iowa “life with no parole” means just that.

Whether that’s true or not is irrelevant to this case. In Iowa “life with no parole” means just that.
My point was that this guy would have been a continued threat, and this wasn’t a “one off” event. This wasn’t simply a mistake, this was rooted far deeper than that.

This is the August 22nd Press Conference. At 5:09 Rahn talks about the timeline LE developed prior to the belated video being viewed. It’s quite interesting, how the black Malibu became the missing piece of the puzzle. After weeks of investigation, pursuing leads without success I can almost imagine the feeling of elation by LE as it all began to click together, if only to finally provide the family with closure. The emotional toil is also very obvious as he speaks.

Anyone who missed the Press Conference the first time around, it’s definately worth watching. It’s evident by the Q and A that on that date LE already knew more information than they were willing to share with the general public.

That's true. Some people view abduction of women in broad daylight as a "hook-up gone wrong", and this is what police said:

"Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change and may even question them about it, but will not relate the change to that person’s involvement in a crime. Since Wednesday, July 18, 2018, you may have noticed one or more of the following changes:

• Change in normal routine, which might include missing school, work, or routine engagements without a plausible explanation;
  • A vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold/disposed of;
  • Unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day;
  • Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th;
  • Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in cut or color of hair);
  • Displays of anxiety, nervousness, stress or irritability;
  • Unexplained injuries;
  • Changes in consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes;
  • Changes in sleep patterns;
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation."
Iowa Department of Public Safety

It makes sense. I’m very interested in learning about his access to transportation. If he had a reliable car, and frequent access to it, the potential for more victims would increase dramatically.
Maybe that would be worth looking into... if anyone could come up with another potential victim, but I don't know what kind of radius to consider.

I don’t know enough about him to say that. And frankly neither do any of us here.
I don’t know him either, but his crime says it all. It isn’t a stretch to determine that someone who hunts, assaults, abducts, and murders an innocent victim, represents an ever present danger to the community.

That's true. Some people view abduction of women in broad daylight as a "hook-up gone wrong", and this is what police said:

"Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change and may even question them about it, but will not relate the change to that person’s involvement in a crime. Since Wednesday, July 18, 2018, you may have noticed one or more of the following changes:

• Change in normal routine, which might include missing school, work, or routine engagements without a plausible explanation;
  • A vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop or sold/disposed of;
  • Unexpected or intensive cleaning of a vehicle, possibly at an unusual time of day;
  • Unexplained lack of contact or inability to get in touch with someone you know the evening of July 18th into the morning of July 19th;
  • Altering of physical appearance (growth or removal of facial hair, change in cut or color of hair);
  • Displays of anxiety, nervousness, stress or irritability;
  • Unexplained injuries;
  • Changes in consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes;
  • Changes in sleep patterns;
  • Interest in the status of the investigation, including close attention to media coverage or an unwillingness to discuss the investigation."
Iowa Department of Public Safety

And as we now know, no one thought he acted out of character

No one that would admit or turn him in, I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody