IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TL45

Regarding moving the body, this map shows the police points of interest as well as the abduction (at or near 1990 385 Ave) and body location. I don't see anything to suggest that the body was moved at any time after the murder on July 18.

Other searches, such as the pig farm, are completely unrelated. Every investigation has some false leads, and the pig farm is nothing more than a false lead. Police ran down that lead, dead end. Done.

The pink line shows the route that Mollie took to where she was abducted, then following the police points of interest to the body location. The green line shows the suspect's possible route returning home after the murder.

There may be some deviation to the pink line such that near the body, it was close to the pig farm, but it really makes no difference.

upload_2018-9-3_21-34-25.png

Yes that’s certainly possible. On the other hand it might be there was nothing at all known about CR that ever gave indication that he was capable of committing such an atrocity.

My immediate thought when I read those type of it-could-of-been-me media reports is if CR was aggressive or creepy and they felt even remotely in danger, why didn’t any of those other females report the incident to police at the time it happened?

Maybe because being creepy and inappropriate is not cause for an arrest. One of the women called her boyfriend, in fear, and when she was safely away, there was not much to report. You cannot call and report someone for driving around the block a few times and looking at you.

I have followed this case closely and haven't seen a single poster blame Mollie for her killer's actions.

Mollie did not threaten the suspect with "phoning police", and this was not a "hook-up gone wrong".

This is about a violent predator who blindsided Mollie with a violent hit in the head, who then tossed her in the trunk of his car, drove her to a remote location, and viciously stabbed her. From beginning to end, this horrific end of life experience lasted a minimum of 43 minutes.

@TL45

Regarding moving the body, this map shows the police points of interest as well as the abduction (at or near 1990 385 Ave) and body location. I don't see anything to suggest that the body was moved at any time after the murder on July 18.

Other searches, such as the pig farm, are completely unrelated. Every investigation has some false leads, and the pig farm is nothing more than a false lead. Police ran down that lead, dead end. Done.

The pink line shows the route that Mollie took to where she was abducted, then following the police points of interest to the body location. The green line shows the suspect's possible route returning home after the murder.

There may be some deviation to the pink line such that near the body, it was close to the pig farm, but it really makes no difference.

View attachment 145486
To me, the point on 385th Avenue and 200th Street seems like a strong possibility. There are field roads (I don't know what they're called in other places, but that's what they are here) where he could have parked his car shortly before the intersection, and it wouldn't be within sight of any houses. If pulled in far enough, cars (and Mollie) wouldn't see it either. Then he could have grabbed her (especially if she was running facing traffic like is always recommended), thrown her into the trunk (possibly committing SA first) and went straight down 200th Street to 460th or 470th, wherever it was he turned off. I know he could have left her in the first cornfield, but then he'd take the risk of someone passing by and seeing him pull out. If he took her with him, it might not occur to anyone who might have passed by that that car had anything to do with her disappearance. MOO

Last edited:
@TL45

View attachment 145486
The pig farm may have been false lead, but I also think it's possible the pig farm may have been related. I am reminded of MH370 where after some time of searching in one area of the ocean, another group of scientists looked at the ping data and suggested we should be looking somewhere else. Maybe the pings were misinterpreted in the beginning causing them to look into 470 instead of 460. Just a thought. If there was a miscalculation, it doesn't seem that far off. It seems like the same general area of the county.

Maybe because being creepy and inappropriate is not cause for an arrest. One of the women called her boyfriend, in fear, and when she was safely away, there was not much to report. You cannot call and report someone for driving around the block a few times and looking at you.

I disagree. Anyone can call 9-1-1 at anytime if they fear they are in danger. I have no doubt that CR's behavior toward Mollie was escalating and she was scared.

Why are we assuming that all the employees at the farm were illegal? As far as we know, the only illegal immigrant who was deceiving his employer for 4 years is the suspect.

Regardless of immigration status, a tip is a tip - no one cares who is comes from if it solves the abduction/murder.

... and what's wrong with moving to Mexico with a $400,000US bank account? If the person reporting the tip is an illegal, no worries, no more farm work when the reward money rolls in.

"At 3pm on Monday, law enforcement arrived at the farmhouse where Rivera worked, according to a neighbor.

FBI agents were still searching the house and a number of nearby trailers on Tuesday afternoon.

Neighbors said the building housed a 'revolving door' of hired migrant workers but that they had never caused any problems.

FBI agents attended another nearby property belonging to the farm overnight Monday to quiz Rivera's co-workers, most of whom claim only to understand Spanish.

'There was a panic when they arrived because they thought at first that it was ICE launching a raid,' a local source told DailyMail.com."

I agree with you on this. I respect differing opinions, but for those who think he had been scoping her out for days or weeks or longer, and knew all of her routes, so knew where to go to snatch her, I would ask this...if he had been following her and knew the route she was running, wouldn't it be far more sensible, and less risky, to hide the car and wait for her back at the house that he surely must have known she was staying at? Not to be graphically disgusting, but surely it would have been more comfortable to do whatever he desired with Mollie at the house, as opposed to the side of the road, the back seat of a car, or a cornfield. And if he had been stalking her, he probably would have known that she was alone. I have never seen any real evidence of anything he did that night being planned, and most certainly not planned well or in advance. I think he stumbled upon her, and yes, maybe he had seen her before and been fixated on her, and had thoughts of what he would love to do if the opportunity arose, but I still think he didn't know the opportunity would be there until it was. All JMO, MOO and IMO.

Going back to her house could be much more dangerous. He doesn't know if anyone else is there or would be coming soon. He doesn't know about neighbors, or possible cameras on the street. I think grabbing her on a remote portion of the road is much safer. JMO

@TL45

View attachment 145486

In my own mind, I've satisfied my questions about the pig farm and nearby search areas, and am done with it for now. And while the dang TA truck stop still nags at me, I've pretty much let that go, too.

But I haven't been able to fully convincing myself against 385th being the murder location. And that lower POI dot (430th and 200) remains bothersome. Driving southbound on 200 could account for that as a digital ping and it may be as simple as that. But maybe that was a stop, too.

I know I'm probably overthinking it, but there are things that don't add up about it happening in the cornfield. JMO- which is probably wrong, and very well might change!

Mollie did not threaten the suspect with "phoning police", and this was not a "hook-up gone wrong".

This is about a violent predator who blindsided Mollie with a violent hit in the head, who then tossed her in the trunk of his car, drove her to a remote location, and viciously stabbed her. From beginning to end, this horrific end of life experience lasted a minimum of 43 minutes.
I do think it’s possible, if not probable, that Mollie said something to the effect of “If you don’t leave me alone, I’m going to call the police.” I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if that occurred, as I think that’s a standard response to someone who has crossed the line between being annoying, and potentially being dangerous. Most of the time, this simple sentence would be enough to get someone to back off.

I also believe that this statement had absolutely no bearing on what occurred after it. Even if it did anger him, he wanted her, and he wasn’t going to be denied, no matter what Mollie said or did.

Were you there? I wasn't and LE certainly has not said CR was lying about Mollie's threat to phone LE. Nor did I remotely suggest this is a "hook-up gone wrong." You are claiming a lot of facts about the sequence of events about this crime when in actuality, it is your speculation. JMO

But I haven't been able to fully convincing myself against 385th being the murder location. And that lower POI dot (430th and 200) remains bothersome. Driving southbound on 200 could account for that as a digital ping and it may be as simple as that. But maybe that was a stop, too.
It's possible that that was either where her heart stopped or her phone died. MOO

I do think it’s possible, if not probable, that Mollie said something to the effect of “If you don’t leave me alone, I’m going to call the police.” I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if that occurred, as I think that’s a standard response to someone who has crossed the line between being annoying, and potentially being dangerous. Most of the time, this simple sentence would be enough to get someone to back off.

I also believe that this statement has absolutely no bearing on what occurred after it. Even if it did anger him, he wanted her, and he wasn’t going to be denied, no matter what Mollie said or did.
This ^^^^ imo

Whether or not CR killed MT on 385th or the cornfield (or somewhere else entirely) is one of the questions I keep thinking and rethinking. Neither makes sense to me.

385th makes sense if it was a very quick rage killing, but so much blood in the trunk...

And the cornfield makes sense if he was a more seasoned killer (or rapist), what with him driving all that time, thinking about it. But why a cornfield?

A third location might work, but why move her afterwards?

I suppose it isn't impossible that she was killed somewhere else and left, only to be moved a couple days later, but that does not top my list of possibilities.
He didn't want her body left at the crime scene. Too much evidence

@TL45

View attachment 145486

That's a very plausible route from the abduction site to the location where Mollie was found. However, if the surveillance cam time stamps are what account for those precise times on the affidavit, then it would seem that the driver of the black Malibu retraced his route back through Brooklyn via Middle & Boundary Streets.

If it is true that Mollie had a head wound, I think it is unlikely she was able to put up a fight, even if she intended to do so. Anyway, none of us know what we would do in the moment, regardless of our skills or personality. It can be more dangerous to fight sometimes, we all have to judge for ourselves, if even given a chance.

If I jogged (ha) or walked without my dog, I would carry pepper spray and use it right away if bothered...take my chances of being charged. At least, that is what I say now...who knows if I really would, or would have time. Jmo

OK--Her father said it. He said it to the general public. I don't think anyone who knew CR and heard that would think, "Gosh, that sounds like something CR might have done." and have been suspicious of him.

August 13th, 8 days before the black Malibu led LE to CR, a govt website was set up to collect tips and a press conference was held. Contrary to Mollie’s dad’s passionate plea to the public, LE didn’t seem as optimistic she’s be found alive.

“Often there are individuals who are unknowingly associated with the offender of a crime and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person," he said. "They will recognize the change, and may even question them about it, but will not relate the change to that person's involvement in a crime."

“It is possible that Mollie came into contact with someone who has caused her harm," he said. "This person may not necessarily be a member of our community but likely has some familiarity with the area."
'Finding Mollie' website launched for missing Iowa student

I think the point is that if someone creeps you out and you are fearful then that is cause for an incident report. Many crimes have been solved because of incident reports prior to the actual crime dates. You can call and report anything you want- the police will respond and write up an incident report. It may not be investigated but the report will at least be on file should something happen in the future. If someone drives around the block several times and is looking at you and making you feel uncomfortable then a phone call to the police is completely valid. Of course, looking at someone isn’t going to land them in jail, but the incident report will start a paper trail should anything more serious happen down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans