IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When CR was arrested and getting out of the police car handcuffed, that jump or hop was unexpected. He was held back some by the officer. That gave me the creeps like he’s quick and ready to lunge. I also was surprised at his lack of emotion and brief one syllable answers to the judge during the hearing. It just all together appears contemptuous of being caught and the law, court proceedings in general. Now HE is being overpowered. He will run if given the slightest chance a definite flight risk.

Last edited:
When CR was arrested and getting out of the police car handcuffed, that jump or hop was unexpected. He was held back some by the officer. That gave me the creeps like he’s quick and ready to lunge. I also was surprised at his lack of emotion and brief one syllable answers to the judge during the hearing. It just all together appears contemptuous of being caught and the law, court proceedings in general. I think it is part of his now being overpowered. He will run if given the slightest chance a definite flight risk.

Barring an escape, I don't see him ever having the slightest chance of running, unless the jail gym has a treadmill. JMO

But dusk was the only time he had. At work before day break, into Casey's every couple of days.

I'm wondering . . . . 30-some years ago, I had a guy friend who went to the mall to "girl watch." Was that unhealthy? was that stalker behavior? or was that sorta par for the course, back in the good ol' days . . . could you ever "girl watch" or "boy watch" and it have been ok?
It depends on who you ask, imo. Some might call it desperate, some might call it weird or creepy, and I suppose some may think it's normal. Never in my life have I ever considered " boy watching," but maybe other women have.

Where were these people when police were begging for leads? Isn’t it odd no one came forward and mentioned his name until after he was arrested?!
The way I look at it, there was nothing said in the days before CR's arrest that would have triggered any of these memories (if they exist). There was no suspect description, no vehicle description, no statements about a car following her, nothing. At that point LE was still calling it a missing person case and not much else.

Exactly! I wasn't quite sure what the poster was referring to, so I just took a guess. I think you are right, people are just trying to understand how his mind works, to better understand certain aspects of the crime! Some find it fascinating while others are bored to tears, I expect. Imo
I believe a whole lot of this has been in reference to my posts. Although I have never once tried to defend CR or justify his actions, I refuse to distort the limited facts we know into something it’s not. If he stalked her, fine - let the facts show that. The reality tho is that there doesn’t appear to be a backstory even worthy of discussion.

There are so many scenerios to play out in this case. Did the assault happen outside the car and he threw her in the trunk or did the assault happen inside the car and how did she get there. If he pleads guilty we will probably never know.

The way I look at it, there was nothing said in the days before CR's arrest that would have triggered any of these memories (if they exist). There was no suspect description, no vehicle description, no statements about a car following her, nothing. At that point LE was still calling it a missing person case and not much else.
But, they said they suspected she went missing while she was jogging. I would think at a minimum the person who said CR approached her while walking would come forward, especially in a small community like Brooklyn.

When I was in my twenties and thirties especially, some form of harrassment was a daily event...would have needed a standing appointment at the local PD. It is difficult to tell the difference between a sexist jerk and a dangerous predator, imo.

When CR was arrested and getting out of the police car handcuffed, that jump or hop was unexpected. He was held back some by the officer. That gave me the creeps like he’s quick and ready to lunge. I also was surprised at his lack of emotion and brief one syllable answers to the judge during the hearing. It just all together appears contemptuous of being caught and the law, court proceedings in general. Now HE is being overpowered. He will run if given the slightest chance a definite flight risk.
Funny I thought he tripped or lost his balance. I wonder if he had chains on his legs.

Things that are “odd” are not an issue until they are. I have neighbors I swear are in the witness protection program as they ignore everyone here. I don’t report them and after 12 years they are still here and good neighbors.
True. But... with as much publicity as Mollie’s case received, I would think that at a minimum you would have women reporting any type of odd behaviors that happened while they were running/walking especially in such a small community. If someone approached me while I’m running and was flirting and making me feel uncomfortable and then a week later a woman goes missing while running... I’m gonna call that odd and report it to the police.

I believe a whole lot of this has been in reference to my posts. Although I have never once tried to defend CR or justify his actions, I refuse to distort the limited facts we know into something it’s not. If he stalked her, fine - let the facts show that. The reality tho is that there doesn’t appear to be a backstory even worthy of discussion.
I think some may be mistakenly taking it as defending or sympathizing with the killer, but that's all it is, a misunderstanding. Imo

Funny I thought he tripped or lost his balance. I wonder if he had chains on his legs.

Oh yeah! He had leg irons on. Notice how he walked, the short steps. That is one of the reasons that the two Depuities had him by both arms. He also had a "belly chain" around his waist attached to his hand cuffs. And he was wearing a bulletproof vest under his prison stripe top...And folks are asking if CR is in PC. In a 40 bed lock up/jail, likely as much as is possible.

True. But... with as much publicity as Mollie’s case received, I would think that at a minimum you would have women reporting any type of odd behaviors that happened while they were running/walking especially in such a small community. If someone approached me while I’m running and was flirting and making me feel uncomfortable and then a week later a woman goes missing while running... I’m gonna call that odd and report it to the police.
Maybe...hindsight is 20/20. LE said no threat to the public (which they have to ) and dad thinks it’s someone she knew. So....not as likely as one would think. IMO

When I was in my twenties and thirties especially, some form of harrassment was a daily event...would have needed a standing appointment at the local PD. It is difficult to tell the difference between a sexist jerk and a dangerous predator, imo.
However at some point, you know something is not right. Women have a sixth sense if they listen to it. If you report someone there is no guarantee that they will leave you alone, my didn't. Plus you have to have proof, everybody has rights. Also often you are told you invited it, your wearing revealing clothes, you smiled at him, why didn't you tell sooner, people don't like this type of claims, why are you walking alone, etc. etc. Also you have to worry about retaliation. If your husband or boyfriend or dad or brother beats the crap out of them then they can have charges brought aginst them.

Maybe...hindsight is 20/20. LE said no threat to the public (which they have to ) and dad thinks it’s someone she knew. So....not as likely as one would think. IMO
Not to mention the mountain of leads LE had to follow up on. I’m sure the “somebody said I’m pretty and that’s creepy” tips weren’t moved to the priority stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop