IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he went longer than what was stated, unless he dropped out, his school had all grades from the link you posted....

In Mexico, basic education is normally divided in three steps: primary school (primaria), comprising grades 1-6; junior high school (secundaria), comprising grades 7-9; and high school (preparatoria), comprising grades 10-12.

Depending on definitions, Primary education comprises primaria and secundaria, which are compulsory by law, while Secondary education only includes preparatoria, which was not compulsory a few years ago, but it has been made mandatory as well.

The terms "High School"[8] usually corresponds to preparatoria or bachillerato, and follow "secundaria" comprising grades 10-12, when the student's age is 15 to 18 years old.

Education in Mexico - Wikipedia

If he was in Preparatoria 35, would that mean that he was in high school? Was he in grade 10 when he moved to Iowa? Was his last completed year of schooling grade 9, so his lawyer said that his education stopped at middle school?

If he was in grade 10 in Mexico, just before immigrating, why didn't his aunt and uncle enrol him in school? It would have helped him socialize and feel like part of the community.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This may be the stupidest question you read here today, but it is one I have actually pondered in this case. Are there any set rules as to when a dead body is referred to a 'body', as opposed to being referred to as 'remains', or does LE always refer to remains as a body, or are they completely subjective terms? I ask because in the arrest warrant, her 'body' is referred to. When I think that she had been lying there about 5 weeks, I would assume she would primarily be 'remains'. I would think the likelihood of getting suspect's DNA would be much better if it was a body, if this makes sense. JMO
I just asked my husband this question yesterday (he is a detective) and his response was that police often use the words interchangeably BUT that bones and bodies that are not in tact are always referred to as remains.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1109763002

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

There is some sort of disconnect here...
One article states that CR's family obtained new counsel for their son, and is paying for this.

Another article makes his family out to be simple folk, who milk cows and make around $10 a day...

Simple folk who milk cows, don't generally have the funds or even knowledge to obtain a private attorney, and in this case, two! Interesting.

In the day, in the South Pacific, cannibals referred to their repast as "long pig" when cooked. Apparently the taste is similar. It is no wonder that cadaver scent dogs hit on pigs in error. Pigs are one of the closest immunological and physiological animals to man. Porcine heart valves and skin grafts have been in use for years. Insulin also used to be made primarilary from harvested pig pancreases, as thyroid hormone from porcine thyroid. Pharmaceutical companies are currently developing genetically modified pigs, to make their immune system markers compatable with human as a source of plentiful whole organs for transplant.

Fried pork rind anyone?
Is that what happened? The cadaver dogs led them to the pig farm? That would explain alot of things!

One article states that CR's family obtained new counsel for their son, and is paying for this.

Another article makes his family out to be simple folk, who milk cows and make around $10 a day...

Simple folk who milk cows, don't generally have the funds or even knowledge to obtain a private attorney, and in this case, two! Interesting.
Maybe there is an extended family... the aunt and uncle?

At trial he'll have pomaded, perfumed hair. Fingernails buffed and polished. Florsheim two-tones, fashion forward suit with severe creases. I'd think the weak goatee will be gone.

I think it’s his relative here paying for the attorneys

His relatives who live in Tama

At trial he'll have pomaded, perfumed hair. Fingernails buffed and polished. Florsheim two-tones, fashion forward suit with severe creases. I'd think the weak goatee will be gone.
And the earring too

Does anyone know how to start a new forum? Is that something only administrators do or can I somehow start one on a case I have been following?

If he was in Preparatoria 35, would that mean that he was in high school? Was he in grade 10 when he moved to Iowa? Was his last completed year of schooling grade 9, so his lawyer said that his education stopped at middle school?

If he was in grade 10 in Mexico, just before immigrating, why didn't his aunt and uncle enrol him in school? It would have helped him socialize and feel like part of the community.

They just wanted him to work and send money home

I think he felt he had finished school, but he may not have by our laws depending on when he got here.

That’s why I’ve been saying his fake documents might have him older, any reputable business is not going to risk a minor working for them.

Last edited:
I think it’s his relative here paying for the attorneys

His relatives who live in Tama

Interesting. I was involved in a lawsuit a few years ago, and the final bill was several pages long, they wouldn't even take the case until they had a $10,000 retainer. And that was nothing compared to this situation.

Fortunately, I prevailed and the other party was responsible for fees.

Attorney costs can be exorbitant, especially if they will be paying for consultants, court documents...

Just surprised he is not using a court appointed attorney.

Does anyone know how to start a new forum? Is that something only administrators do or can I somehow start one on a case I have been following?
If you want to start a new thread for a missing person, you would just go to the forum heading Missing Person Discussion (or something like that) and in the upper right part of the page, there's a button to click that says Start a New Thread.

I hope I'm remembering correctly.

Interesting. I was involved in a lawsuit a few years ago, and the final bill was several pages long, they wouldn't even take the case until they had a $10,000 retainer. And that was nothing compared to this situation.

Fortunately, I prevailed and the other party was responsible for fees.

Attorney costs can be exorbitant, especially if they will be paying for consultants, court documents...

Just surprised he is not using a court appointed attorney.

Ya, this case could be upwards of 100 grand depending on how it plays out and what the attorneys do.

Looks like it from this, it’s the equivalent of 10-12 and usually 2-3 years

It cost money too!

http://www.swprsc.org/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/4c5c2b1b24355/EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS in CONTRAST with MEXICO.pdf

Thank you!

So this business about him having a grade 7 education, being a drop out and so on is perhaps nothing more than spin. It's quite possible that he was enrolled in school in grade 10, he had an opportunity to immigrate to Iowa, he did, and then for some reason he did not attend school.

I think that's a point in his life where things started to go wrong. Instead of his normal social group, education, and life foundations, he was isolated, and in a country where he did not even have language education.

If you want to start a new thread for a missing person, you would just go to the forum heading Missing Person Discussion (or something like that) and in the upper right part of the page, there's a button to click that says Start a New Thread.

I hope I'm remembering correctly.
Ok, I’ll look into that. It’s not a missing person but an unsolved murder. Thanks!

Monarrez and Rivera began dating in 2013 and had a baby together before reportedly splitting in 2015.

Photos and comments over the years prove the two were involved romantically.

Monarrez has not been publicly active on her Facebook page in three years, but the former partners reportedly haven't spoken since 2015.

So how does that work if he’s such a good father and is seen with the baby?

IM has a second FB that has been found with recent activity

Who Is Iris Monarrez? Details About Cristhian Rivera's Ex-Girlfriend, Including How She Was Friends With Mollie Tibbetts On Facebook
Yeah, that's not the article I saw, but this one stated they haven't spoken in three years. How could that be? The child doesn't look much older than three, which would mean they haven't spoken since she was an infant. As much as I would like to not speak to my daughter's father, there is no way around it. I wish I could find the article that I thought said the relationship lasted a year, this one only states the years. It could mean the end of one year and beginning of another.

Last edited:
I just asked my husband this question yesterday (he is a detective) and his response was that police often use the words interchangeably BUT that bones and bodies that are not in tact are always referred to as remains.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members