IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really need to re- think the new world of crime. I truly think so. It can happen anywhere anytime. No matter where. My fave pastime was to go to Toronto for a weekend. Sip wine, enjoy the sun and just people watch out of a lovely café with my gal pals. We truly couldn't get our schedules to jive this summer but I had in the back of my mind should we? Given all the shootings as of late? I live in a Community of 120,000 do we lock our doors. Yes always have even when home. The worst someone will come in and take your purse if your out back and left your front door unlocked. The worst we had was a few years back where they came in. Zip tied four doors down and stole paintings and Money. No weapon. We then installed security system. Hubby went Mach 90 with the lighting. We are the Griswolds anytime of the year. So what are we left with? I hate it!!!!

There may be databases or public records in spanish that could be queried, but I've forgotten almost all the spanish I took in high school. I don't think google spanish will cut it.

I tried to find something about the school - as a starting point. It looks like he attended the Preparatoria 35 school, 7 miles from his home.

UNIDAD ACADÉMICA ESCUELA PREPARATORIA NO. 35
Adolfo López Mateos s/n, San Luis San Pedro, Guerrero, C.P. 40913,
San Luis San Pedro,
Técpan de Galeana, Guerrero,

Unidad Académica Escuela Preparatoria No. 35 - Escuela Bachillerato General - Tecpan de Galeana - Guerrero

I don't speak any Spanish, so that's pretty much as far as I can get. Maybe someone who knows Spanish can search crime stats in San Luis San Pedro. I'm curious about the culture where he lived prior to starting his illegal activities in 2011.

upload_2018-9-4_17-56-7.png

Thanks for posting this, I read a few things I hadn't seen mentioned before. Here's some questions:

• According to this article CR worked at a different dairy farm for a few years before being hired at current employers in 2014. In another article I thought his father had said he worked a series of dairy farm jobs. I wonder which one is accurate.
  • Does he have more than one uncle living in Iowa?
  • He started dating IM in 2013, which meant he either worked at the other Brooklyn area dairy farm, or had some kind of social connection in the area to have met her.
  • Did he move to Brooklyn (if he wasn't already there) in 2014 and work at that dairy because IM was pregnant?
  • CR was often seen playing with his daughter at the city park. Maybe that's where he'd seen MT jogging before?
Interesting that we've only heard of one relationship that lasted only a year. That seems very unusual for someone that age. Of course there may be others, but I would think they would have come forward. To me that indicates problems with connecting to people. Also several have described him as hardly talking, but instead just staring. Although he was described by one person as a " jokester", I believe that was an aunt. I would expect his family to say good things about him, but it's interesting how most describe him as being quiet. Unremarkable. There is really not much description at all about his personality. As if he's always in the shadows. Jmo

I really do like Mr. Tibbets and the way he has carried himself and his family and of course Dalton during the loss of his Mollie. Mollie was very lucky to have a father like him. She would have been something really special in years to come. Her career could have benefited so many people. The loss of Mollie is a loss to all of us!

Mollie was luckier, i.e., more fortunate, to have the mother that she did.

Thanks for posting this, I read a few things I hadn't seen mentioned before. Here's some questions:

• According to this article CR worked at a different dairy farm for a few years before being hired at current employers in 2014. In another article I thought his father had said he worked a series of dairy farm jobs. I wonder which one is accurate.
  • Does he have more than one uncle living in Iowa?
  • He started dating IM in 2013, which meant he either worked at the other Brooklyn area dairy farm, or had some kind of social connection in the area to have met her.
  • Did he move to Brooklyn (if he wasn't already there) in 2014 and work at that dairy because IM was pregnant?
  • CR was often seen playing with his daughter at the city park. Maybe that's where he'd seen MT jogging before?

I posted on the last thread a link to what his family had said about him but I can’t find the post so I will try to paraphrase

His dad said he came with with a cousin illegally and without documents at around 16 years old

He picked Iowa because he had family here

His one uncle works at the same farm currently

I believe he has relatives Tama and another city in Iowa, I think they are the ones paying for the attorneys

One article did say he worked at various farms but was not specific

So he came here around 2010-2011 timeframe, there are 3 years that are foggy on where he was

I tried to find something about the school - as a starting point. It looks like he attended the Preparatoria 35 school, 7 miles from his home.

San Luis San Pedro,

Unidad Académica Escuela Preparatoria No. 35 - Escuela Bachillerato General - Tecpan de Galeana - Guerrero

I don't speak any Spanish, so that's pretty much as far as I can get. Maybe someone who knows Spanish can search crime stats in San Luis San Pedro. I'm curious about the culture where he lived prior to starting his illegal activities in 2011.

View attachment 145601

Did you figure out what grade he dropped out of?

One friend said he played soccer, I’m wondering if it was maybe school sponsored or extra?

His school was a drive from home, his dad rode a donkey to work, I wonder if he had a sports type scholarship to attend that school and how did he get there?

In places like Russian they pay for talented kids to be trained in sports

Last edited:
Interesting that we've only heard of one relationship that lasted only a year. That seems very unusual for someone that age. Of course there may be others, but I would think they would have come forward. To me that indicates problems with connecting to people. Also several have described him as hardly talking, but instead just staring. Although he was described by one person as a " jokester", I believe that was an aunt. I would expect his family to say good things about him, but it's interesting how most describe him as being quiet. Unremarkable. There is really not much description at all about his personality. As if he's always in the shadows. Jmo
I might have misread, but I thought it sounded like he had dated her longer than that. Do we know a definite timeline?

I might have misread, but I thought it sounded like he had dated her longer than that. Do we know a definite timeline?
I read they were together for a year, then 2 years ago they broke up but he still was involved with the child and seemed to be on good terms with the mom. Maybe someone can find the article. I'm not so good at that. I think it might be the same article that said he had written " The greatest day of my life" describing the day he met her. Then about a year later, (maybe shortly after the baby was born?) they broke up. But it mentioned that she cheated on him. That seems pretty weird, if it was soon after she had the baby. Unless of course it's not even true. There is no way to verify it. I wouldn't think a young mother would have much time to run around.

Last edited:
I strongly agree! Everyone can understand the DSM 5, its easier to understand than the Merk manual. In my opinion getting inside the mind of a killer helps us to understand and even speculate the circumstances around the crime. That's what detectives do when they are looking for a particular serial killer. Some find it fascinating and a big challenge. I think the only problem is bringing up studies that are summarized in popular magazines. Unless it is a valid research article, it is not really reliable information and even if it was, it would be anywhere from 50- 100 pages to try to interpret. Imo. So that being said, keeping it simple is the best way to go.
Agree. Strongly.

I think he came upon her, disabled her and put her in the trunk. Again a blitz attack. IMO there was no dialogue. It was quick.
Bravo, bravo! I think he ran her over or bumped her off the bike, to create the head injury, then got her in the car and took her somewhere. I don't think he said anything to her...he was fixated on one thing, and one thing only.

I don't get it. It makes it sound that nearly half the time there is some sort of crime occurring. Or 10% of the population are running around committing crimes all the time. How can there be so many burglaries and assaults occurring in what was described as a safe community? Is it the prevalence of drugs such as christal meth that was mentioned in previous threads?

"christal meth" - that's funny! The drug is crystal meth. Cristal is a $400 a bottle champagne. This could be a new spin off of "Breaking Bad": a fashion designer goes off the deep end, and tries to buy her way out selling boutique methamphetamine!

God bless you Ms Betsy, you really do live in a gated community! My neighbor keeps me up at night by throwing his used crack-pipe aluminum beer cans into our common breeze-way! He keeps telling me he will go into rehab 'next' month. I keep looking out my back window when I see a flashlight beam, concerned that someone is stealing my central air compressor (worth $70 at the scrap yard, stripped and crushed). You really do need to get a TV, but Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are on Netflix (I think) - (Breaking Bad is a series about a high school chemistry teacher who "goes bad" by trying to make the ends meet by making and selling crystal meth).

The world is a much better place with folks like you in it! You go girl!

I read they were together for a year, then 2 years ago they broke up but he still was involved with the child and seemed to be on good terms with the mom. Maybe someone can find the article. I'm not so good at that.
If they met in 2013, and broke up 2 years ago, that's 2-3 years they were together, at least one of those they lived together. We do need to find a source that will explain!

San Luis San Pedro,

View attachment 145601
One thing I did find about San Luis San Pedro is that a lot of the people from there emigrated to the US, mostly to Chicago. Maybe you can find some record of him there.
San Luis San Pedro - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Did you figure out what grade he dropped out of?

One friend said he played soccer, I’m wondering if was maybe school sponsored or extra

His school was a drive from home, his dad rode a donkey to work, I wonder if he had a sports type scholarship to attend that school.

In places like Russian they pay for talented kids to be trained in sports

When I look at the curriculum - without knowing Spanish - it looks like the highest levels is something like grade 8. I wondered how he got to school - school bus?

Bravo, bravo! I think he ran her over or bumped her off the bike, to create the head injury, then got her in the car and took her somewhere. I don't think he said anything to her...he was fixated on one thing, and one thing only.
Only thing is she was not on a bike. Mollie was a runner.

"christal meth" - that's funny! The drug is crystal meth. Cristal is a $400 a bottle champagne. This could be a new spin off of "Breaking Bad": a fashion designer goes off the deep end, and tries to buy her way out selling boutique methamphetamine!

God bless you Ms Betsy, you really do live in a gated community! My neighbor keeps me up at night by throwing his used crack-pipe aluminum beer cans into our common breeze-way! He keeps telling me he will go into rehab 'next' month. I keep looking out my back window when I see a flashlight beam, concerned that someone is stealing my central air compressor (worth $70 at the scrap yard, stripped and crushed). You really do need to get a TV, but Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are on Netflix (I think) - (Breaking Bad is a series about a high school chemistry teacher who "goes bad" by trying to make the ends meet by making and selling crystal meth).

The world is a much better place with folks like you in it! You go girl!
LOL I think you need to move LOL

Monarrez and Rivera began dating in 2013 and had a baby together before reportedly splitting in 2015.

Photos and comments over the years prove the two were involved romantically.

Monarrez has not been publicly active on her Facebook page in three years, but the former partners reportedly haven't spoken since 2015.

So how does that work if he’s such a good father and is seen with the baby?

IM has a second FB that has been found with recent activity

Who Is Iris Monarrez? Details About Cristhian Rivera's Ex-Girlfriend, Including How She Was Friends With Mollie Tibbetts On Facebook

Only because you never got an answer to this yet, the section in question is found in the Etiquette and Information section of the Rules, and is as follows:

EXIT POSTS - "I AM LEAVING WS"

It is the policy of WS not to allow posts or threads intended to announce that one is "leaving the site" for any reason. Posts of this nature will result in one or both of the following actions: 1) The post will be removed from general view. 2) Your membership will be suspended without notice.

I guess it is a call best made by a mod if in doubt, but I think we all agree that the SITE is WS, and this thread, or any thread, is just a part of the site. I do know that the poster in question who bade us farewell here has been active in another thread most of the afternoon, so he has not left the site, nor did I interpret what he said as that he was leaving WS, so much as just leaving this thread. JMO

He'll be back, that was just a "pardon me, while I step out to clear my mind"; not a farewell, followed by a slamming door. There is a difference!

Yes I agree with you. Thanks for the informative post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody