IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/cjsc/prof10/formulas.pdf
Per this gov website crime rates are calculated on per 100,000 population poweshiek county is less than 19,000 . Note at bottom states rate will be inflated when population is less than 100,000
Thanks, and then it says rates are not calculated when the population is under 100,000, so it's confusing. They must have another method for smaller counties? Also I know in many places there are alot of domestic abuse related charges, that you don't normally hear about.

I think the ex GF could provide a lot of info as to who this guy was. If she chooses to share with LE. I am sure this is utterly devastating for her and whatever decisions she makes in disclosing, I hope she is doing some self care for her and her daughter. She is a victim as well.

I really do like Mr. Tibbets and the way he has carried himself and his family and of course Dalton during the loss of his Mollie. Mollie was very lucky to have a father like him. She would have been something really special in years to come. Her career could have benefited so many people. The loss of Mollie is a loss to all of us!

I really do like Mr. Tibbets and the way he has carried himself and his family and of course Dalton during the loss of his Mollie. Mollie was very lucky to have a father like him. She would have been something really special in years to come. Her career could have benefited so many people. The loss of Mollie is a loss to all of us!
Truly. And well said. An incredible loss to those who loved her. And those who came to know her. A little. Sigh.....

I looked on the TOS for that and couldn't find it. Do you have the quote and link?

Only because you never got an answer to this yet, the section in question is found in the Etiquette and Information section of the Rules, and is as follows:

EXIT POSTS - "I AM LEAVING WS"

It is the policy of WS not to allow posts or threads intended to announce that one is "leaving the site" for any reason. Posts of this nature will result in one or both of the following actions: 1) The post will be removed from general view. 2) Your membership will be suspended without notice.

I guess it is a call best made by a mod if in doubt, but I think we all agree that the SITE is WS, and this thread, or any thread, is just a part of the site. I do know that the poster in question who bade us farewell here has been active in another thread most of the afternoon, so he has not left the site, nor did I interpret what he said as that he was leaving WS, so much as just leaving this thread. JMO

Last edited:
Good Morning Harmony,,,yes we are still here. Black coffee just the way I like it.

Not just one, but one after another.:(:(
Sometimes we hear drinking a lot of Coffee, is 'great' and other times, 'no'.
But, I add loads of milk, so not as strong as yours:D, The Farm.:)
So I am hoping, there is merit, in 'great', otherwise, I am in trouble as will never find out, what really has happened in this case.

Good Morning Harmony,,,yes we are still here. Black coffee just the way I like it.

Not just one, but one after another.:(:(
Sometimes we hear drinking a lot of Coffee, is 'great' and other times, 'no'.
But, I add loads of milk, so not as strong as yours:D, The Farm.:)
So I am hoping, there is merit, in 'great', otherwise, I am in trouble as will never find out, what really has happened in this case.

He does seem rather cunning when it comes to daylight abduction and murder. He also seems to have nearly perfected the art of committing and concealing murder.

His first lawyer wanted us to believe that he dropped out of school because he was too stupid to learn, but I wonder if he quit school because he thought crime was easier than work, or was expelled from school because he had criminal tendencies. I also wonder whether he was sent to live with his uncle so is uncle could help straighten him out.

There must be something that we can figure out about his life in Mexico. That's where the sleuthing happens.
There may be databases or public records in spanish that could be queried, but I've forgotten almost all the spanish I took in high school. I don't think google spanish will cut it.

I feel like I owe an explanation of the work I do since I eluded to it with a response of my education. I have only eluded to it on one other thread a few years back. This site is my passion. Not my work. I work with dual diagnosis/behavior . Mainly Psychiatric. The only violent offenders I ever have provided services to were pedophiles. After a year I transferred out of that sector. Did I study abnormal behavior, absolutely. Criminal behavior fascinates me. I just feel I needed to clarify. My Official title is Psychometrist. I don't feel I qualify as an expert here. No? Just a poster like all?

OT...We keep reading how overall crime is down, but I have my doubts as far as crimes against children (often due to new drugs not known in years past) and sexual crimes against women, who very often shy away from the ordeal that results from reporting. Maybe actual number of murders has decreased but there are so many terrible abuse and assault cases these days, i.e road rage, online crimes, gun crimes, things that did not exist in the past that they must make up for any so-called decrease, imo. I think it is all a matter of classification. Jmo

4FA11A1300000578-6129935-image-a-11_1536061469156.jpg

Horrifying: Rob Tibbetts received a robocall calling his family 'race traitors', claiming that if his daughter Mollie, pictured with him, could be resurrected she would 'kill all immigrants'

'It was everything that's dark and wrong in America right now,' adding that his daughter would have found the message 'profoundly racist'.

'It was unbelievably painful,' Mr Tibbetts told the Des Moines Register.
Iowa authorities have since confirmed that 'robocalls' citing Ms Tibbetts are being used to promote white supremacist views, but they said there's little they can do.

Prosecutors have no authority to step in because there's no apparent effort to deceive anyone for commercial purposes, said Lynn Hicks, a spokesman for the Iowa attorney general's office.

Hicks said Iowa law addressing robocalls, or autodialing, bars using the equipment for fraudulent purposes, 'but there are all kinds of exceptions for noncommercial purposes and for nonprofit organizations.'
Mollie Tibbetts' dad got racist propaganda robocall using her death | Daily Mail Online
wow...and harassment isn't one of those things that they can do something about? why I only take calls from contacts.

This is what we know about his time in Mexico:

"Mr. Bahena Rivera grew up in El Guayabillo, a village of unpaved roads some three hours’ drive from Acapulco on Mexico’s Pacific Coast, and attended the only elementary school in the village of about 400 people."

“A very good person, a simple guy with no vices,” Victor Manuel Nuñez Carbajal, who attended school with Mr. Bahena Rivera, said in a Facebook message. Neighbors told Univision network that his father tended his small corn plot and also milked dairy cows in the village, earning less than $10 a day."​

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

What else can we figure out?
Thanks for posting this, I read a few things I hadn't seen mentioned before. Here's some questions:

• According to this article CR worked at a different dairy farm for a few years before being hired at current employers in 2014. In another article I thought his father had said he worked a series of dairy farm jobs. I wonder which one is accurate.
  • Does he have more than one uncle living in Iowa?
  • He started dating IM in 2013, which meant he either worked at the other Brooklyn area dairy farm, or had some kind of social connection in the area to have met her.
  • Did he move to Brooklyn (if he wasn't already there) in 2014 and work at that dairy because IM was pregnant?
  • CR was often seen playing with his daughter at the city park. Maybe that's where he'd seen MT jogging before?

Last edited:
Truly. Which is why the Tennessee Body Farm will also use pigs. Next best thing to a human. Should we be insulted? LOL

In the day, in the South Pacific, cannibals referred to their repast as "long pig" when cooked. Apparently the taste is similar. It is no wonder that cadaver scent dogs hit on pigs in error. Pigs are one of the closest immunological and physiological animals to man. Porcine heart valves and skin grafts have been in use for years. Insulin also used to be made primarilary from harvested pig pancreases, as thyroid hormone from porcine thyroid. Pharmaceutical companies are currently developing genetically modified pigs, to make their immune system markers compatable with human as a source of plentiful whole organs for transplant.

Fried pork rind anyone?

Last edited:
<snip - is there a rule about making announcements about leaving?>

I'm unfamiliar with the term "fan fiction", but I disagree that there are no more questions in relation to the abduction and murder of Mollie.

There has been a lot of discussion around the timeline from abduction to murder. The arrest warrant gives the impression that start to finish was 43 minutes. I found that very surprising. I "sleuthed" statistics for average times between abduction and murder and sure enough, 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour after abduction. That "sleuthed" fact is relevant, as it supports the timeline in the arrest warrant. This information makes the 43 minutes more likely. This answer both eliminates and adds other questions.

https://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1545&context=gc_etds

We know that Rivera was business as usual the morning after he abducted and murdered Mollie. How is that possible? I "sleuthed" the DSM-5 (no, I don't have to be a verified psychologist to do this) to see how his behavior aligns with anti-social personality disorder. If we believe that he felt no guilt or empathy, we can begin to understand him through the DSM-5.

http://www.psi.uba.ar/academica/car...ica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf

There are many questions about whether he pre-planned the body location, or whether he drove around for a while. If we go with the 43 minutes in the arrest warrant, and the fact that 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour, can we believe that he pre-planned the body location? If so, that gave him 30 minutes for stabbing and assaulting Mollie.

The question of who, when, how, and why have been answered. For some, the curiosity goes beyond those questions, and is more about getting into the mind of someone like Rivera, to understand whether it is really possible that this is his first criminal offense, and whether he is the exception to all published research about the evolution of criminal behavior. That is where the sleuthing in interesting. Sleuthing, for me, is never about finding the suspect. That's what the police do. It's about understanding the minds of criminals. Strange but true.
I strongly agree! Everyone can understand the DSM 5, its easier to understand than the Merk manual. In my opinion getting inside the mind of a killer helps us to understand and even speculate the circumstances around the crime. That's what detectives do when they are looking for a particular serial killer. Some find it fascinating and a big challenge. I think the only problem is bringing up studies that are summarized in popular magazines. Unless it is a valid research article, it is not really reliable information and even if it was, it would be anywhere from 50- 100 pages to try to interpret. Imo. So that being said, keeping it simple is the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101