IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been raised on a farm. Beginning mid summer one can’t see below the dense canopy of the top layer of corn. In fact unless an error in planting you cannot see the soil. If covered with more stalks she would have been virtually invisible. Maybe a recovery canine would have picked up a scent but a cornfield hides everything.

Thank you

That was what I was wondering, if you could see the dirt rows between them this time of year

So he picked a spot that he knew was very hard to spot a body

You hit on a great point

One thing that screws cadaver dogs up is dead pigs, they will hit on those as human but not other dead animals.

I was reading today they have hit on bodies 40 feet under water or buried in the ground

Just amazing animals.

I think they are amazing also but many people complain such as "Well they brought in dogs and they found nothing, what a waste of time" and that is not true. There are many factors where they might not be able to pick up a scent. They might not be 100% but either are humans obviously and can be another tool for LE. I always say bring in the hounds because it is worth a shot.

I think they are amazing also but many people complain such as "Well they brought in dogs and they found nothing, what a waste of time" and that is not true. There are many factors where they might not be able to pick up a scent. They might not be 100% but either are humans obviously and can be another tool for LE. I always say bring in the hounds because it is worth a shot.

From what I found they only brought in search dogs, they only search for live humans

That’s why I was wondering if anyone knows if they ever brought in cadaver dogs.

With someone missing that long the chances of them being found alive are slim

I'm confused why there is an interest in tying the pig farm lead to the timeline. In a crime TV show, every piece of information is related to solving the crime, and it's all neatly wrapped up in an hour. In real life, police track down leads, and many times the leads produce nothing. They then turn their attention to another lead, follow that route, see what turns up.

The pig farm has nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder. We know that police were in the area because they had a digital signal 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. What we know is that based on the digital signal, police searched several farms, including a pig farm, near Mollie's body, but they didn't find her in the 5 weeks after she disappeared.

What am I missing? What is the significance of the pig farmer now that the suspect is identified?

I'm confused why there is an interest in tying the pig farm lead to the timeline. In a crime TV show, every piece of information is related to solving the crime, and it's all neatly wrapped up in an hour. In real life, police track down leads, and many times the leads produce nothing. They then turn their attention to another lead, follow that route, see what turns up.

The pig farm has nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder. We know that police were in the area because they had a digital signal 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. What we know is that based on the digital signal, police searched several farms, including a pig farm, near Mollie's body, but they didn't find her in the 5 weeks after she disappeared.

What am I missing? What is the significance of the pig farmer now that the suspect is identified?

No, I’m not tying it in to the crime at all....

What I was doing was tying to figure out how far she was from the farms searched by FBI and dogs

If dogs could have picked up on her or was it too far away

Yes we were talking about the dogs, trackers or cadaver and where they looked which was close to the pig farm. It is hard to remember where everything happened sometime because the post go back and forth with opinions and I get lost at that point.

Thank you

That was what I was wondering, if you could see the dirt rows between them this time of year

So he picked a spot that he knew was very hard to spot a body
Almost a perfect spot. The stalks were apparently strong enough to probably sustain damage he did carrying her into the field. Subsequent rainfall would have filled them out after a few days.
And for some reason I am beginning to really think CR was much much smarter than most give him credit.

I’m beginning to think he carefully plotted and carried out the assault and murder of this precious young lady.

And it’s not one fact it’s the totality of all facts presented here.

Almost a perfect spot. The stalks were apparently strong enough to probably sustain damage he did carrying her into the field. Subsequent rainfall would have filled them out after a few days.
And for some reason I am beginning to really think CR was much much smarter than most give him credit.

I’m beginning to think he carefully plotted and carried out the assault and murder of this precious young lady.

When you think about it he really did plot this out

He could have left her at the abduction site

If, and it’s a big IF, he held her, did he leave her close to the pig farm after WC was questioned to make it look like it was WC?

Or did he move her there from a different spot to that location?

He must have been sweating bullets when they were searching that area, unless she wasn’t there at the time?

I think even LE appeared to be a bit puzzled how they could have been so close but missed her, I know they said it’s because she was covered up, but imagine what they are thinking, they had 30-50 of the finest looking for her.

Two trips or more out the the pig farm, something pinged there.

It will be interesting to see the condition of the stalks used to cover her, I have no idea if they can tell from their condition once they are brown how long ago they were cut but who knows.

Last edited:
With the amount of attention paid to the pig farm, and of course the stalking issue, LE HAD AT LEAST PRELIMINARY INFORMATION from her cell phone and the Fitbit. Although the community members were searching the media reported extensive attention in the area.

Along with the genealogical breakthroughs, I am personally overjoyed to see law enforcement utilizing both technology’s in crime resolution.

Perhaps a good number of unsolved cold cases will realize justice as time goes on.
Speaking about genealogical and slightly off topic but it is a wonderful new tool. I was contacted back in March for DNA for a possible match with a WW2 MIA remains identification. They went back to my GGGrandfather to find our common ancestor. Really impressive what they can do. A number of perps have already been identified.

He does seem rather cunning when it comes to daylight abduction and murder. He also seems to have nearly perfected the art of committing and concealing murder.

His first lawyer wanted us to believe that he dropped out of school because he was too stupid to learn, but I wonder if he quit school because he thought crime was easier than work, or was expelled from school because he had criminal tendencies. I also wonder whether he was sent to live with his uncle so is uncle could help straighten him out.

There must be something that we can figure out about his life in Mexico. That's where the sleuthing happens.

When you think about it he really did plot this out

He could have left her at the abduction site

If, and it’s a big IF, he held her, did he leave her close to the pig farm after WC was questioned to make it look like it was WC?

Or did he move her there from a different spot to that location?

He must have been sweating bullets when they were searching that area, unless she wasn’t there at the time?

I think even LE appeared to be a bit puzzled how they could have been so close but missed her, I know they said it’s because she was covered up, but imagine what they are thinking, they had 30-50 of the finest looking for her.

Two trips or more out the the pig farm, something pinged there.

It will be interesting to see the condition of the stalks used to cover her, I have no idea if they can tell from their condition once they are brown how long ago they were cut but who knows.

Couple of points. Corn stalks are pliable if he simply bent some over they may have stayed green without having much damaged the pattern of the field.

Second, I don’t believe in a continual string of lucky coincidence. For an unplanned murder and subsequent coverup, he had a lot of success.

In August 7, her Dad stated “ mollie may be with someone she knows...........and they don’t know how to get out of this.” I think that might be directly from LE, and that statement was very close to being correct.

My intuition is usually spot on, and it’s strongly suggesting that after a general review if everyone’s sleuthing, he’s a smart guy, and planned this to the end very carefully. So much so that he was shocked when LE contacted him when not considering video security.

He wasn’t prepared to have been caught on camera.

I also believe he was smart enough to feign the language issue. In the handful of years I’ve lived in the southwest and with average contactvwith Spanish speaking Americans. I can understand a lot of the language.

I believe he’s intelligent and cunning. Far more than we know at this point.

I think many of us are grossly underestimating this man.

No, I’m not tying it in to the crime at all....

What I was doing was tying to figure out how far she was from the farms searched by FBI and dogs

If dogs could have picked up on her or was it too far away
Not sure if you got an answer yet, but I'm pretty sure they also used cadaver dogs. It's somewhere in threads 10-15, I think, that it was discussed a few times and I think there's a few articles back there. But I'm almost 100% sure they did use cadaver dogs.

ITA. When the FBI recently served a search warrant on his residence and the house nearby, didn't they also have a K-9?

This is what we know about his time in Mexico:

"Mr. Bahena Rivera grew up in El Guayabillo, a village of unpaved roads some three hours’ drive from Acapulco on Mexico’s Pacific Coast, and attended the only elementary school in the village of about 400 people."

“A very good person, a simple guy with no vices,” Victor Manuel Nuñez Carbajal, who attended school with Mr. Bahena Rivera, said in a Facebook message. Neighbors told Univision network that his father tended his small corn plot and also milked dairy cows in the village, earning less than $10 a day."​

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

What else can we figure out?

He does seem rather cunning when it comes to daylight abduction and murder. He also seems to have nearly perfected the art of committing and concealing murder.

His first lawyer wanted us to believe that he dropped out of school because he was too stupid to learn, but I wonder if he quit school because he thought crime was easier than work, or was expelled from school because he had criminal tendencies. I also wonder whether he was sent to live with his uncle so is uncle could help straighten him out.

There must be something that we can figure out about his life in Mexico. That's where the sleuthing happens.
They must be able to at least find his school records! Any type of disciplinary action would be in his file.

This is what we know about his time in Mexico:

"Mr. Bahena Rivera grew up in El Guayabillo, a village of unpaved roads some three hours’ drive from Acapulco on Mexico’s Pacific Coast, and attended the only elementary school in the village of about 400 people."

“A very good person, a simple guy with no vices,” Victor Manuel Nuñez Carbajal, who attended school with Mr. Bahena Rivera, said in a Facebook message. Neighbors told Univision network that his father tended his small corn plot and also milked dairy cows in the village, earning less than $10 a day."​

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

What else can we figure out?
It's interesting that we have heard no mention of a mother. Has anyone heard anything about that? Where is she? Is she still living?

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1)

Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

Crime Reports - Brooklyn, Poweshiek County, IA
wow, I wouldn't have expected a town in the middle of nowhere to have a higher violent crime ranking than where I live in a suburb.

Couple of points. Corn stalks are pliable if he simply bent some over they may have stayed green without having much damaged the pattern of the field.

Second, I don’t believe in a continual string of lucky coincidence. For an unplanned murder and subsequent coverup, he had a lot of success.

In August 7, her Dad stated “ mollie may be with someone she knows...........and they don’t know how to get out of this.” I think that might be directly from LE, and that statement was very close to being correct.

My intuition is usually spot on, and it’s strongly suggesting that after a general review if everyone’s sleuthing, he’s a smart guy, and planned this to the end very carefully. So much so that he was shocked when LE contacted him when not considering video security.

He wasn’t prepared to have been caught on camera.

I also believe he was smart enough to feign the language issue. In the handful of years I’ve lived in the southwest and with average contactvwith Spanish speaking Americans. I can understand a lot of the language.

I believe he’s intelligent and cunning. Far more than we know at this point.

I think many of us are grossly underestimating this man.

Never thought of him just bending the stalks!

I completely agree with what you wrote. Especially what RT said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13