IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it was posted before, I had not seen it
No worries! It has been a long road with many threads! I saw it before and Compared it to my own city of 100,000 and NYC and both had a “better” rating than Brooklyn. Couldn’t be the case as we have several murders a year here. I did some digging and found the formula and realized the population is statistically too small to be accurate. With Mollie’s murder they will be darn close to 100. And they say numbers don’t lie!!! There is a reason I am no longer an accountant and don’t rely solely on numbers anymore. It is a shame what seems like a cool town gets such a bad rap based on numbers!!

I wish there was more sluething going on here and less fan fiction... but as this case is now solved and I’ve got all the answers I came for it’s time for me to be on my way. Many thanks to the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of discussing with, may future discussions not involve my community nor yours! Take care all, keep your loved ones safe!

Thank you for your valuable insight @SharonNeedles ! Take care. :)

Thank you for your videos and insights. I guess I’m a little confused since I’m relatively new here (and you’ve already probably signed off this forum to reply so maybe others can reply for him).
I mean this question honestly without any sarcasm or snarkiness:

What is there to sleuth at this point ?

We have very little information on arrest warrant, we know very little about CR, and we can’t sleuth anyone else since they aren’t suspects or POI’s. All we have is our own speculations to fill in the blanks. Otherwise this thread would be done until new information is released. Again I mean this sincerely, what are we to sleuth and talk about?
I think for now the sleuthing comes down to possible routes CR took and what the points of interest mean. We don’t have the info LE does but can still make some educated guesses. What doesn’t need to be discussed is how much of a monster he is because he is physchotic because we don’t know. Or that he is a serial killer type because we don’t know. There is still plenty to discuss IMO. When there is no info IMO people start to go bat $hit crazy and just want to argue the same points over and over. Let’s look for something new to discuss!!!

Thank you for your valuable insight @SharonNeedles ! Take care. :)
I too am signing off. First I read webslueths to help find Mollie. When they found her I quit, but wait a minute now I want justice for Mollie and I want to make sure she gets it. Until we have some new credible information I am off too. Thank you everyone!

I wish there was more sluething going on here and less fan fiction... but as this case is now solved and I’ve got all the answers I came for it’s time for me to be on my way. Many thanks to the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of discussing with, may future discussions not involve my community nor yours! Take care all, keep your loved ones safe!

Understand completely and your video's were awesome. You were a very big help here.
I have seen this happen on many cases, re-going over the same thing constantly and with no new information it gets stagnant.
There really is not much to move forward until more information is released and who knows when that will be.

I mean this question honestly without any sarcasm or snarkiness: What is there to sleuth at this point? We have very little information on arrest warrant, we know very little about CR, and we can’t sleuth anyone else since they aren’t suspects or POI’s. All we have is our own speculations to fill in the blanks. Otherwise this thread would be done until new information is released. Again I mean this sincerely, what are we to sleuth and talk about?

Inanimate objects. ;)

I’m sorry you’ve decided to cease your participation but I really hope you come back when there’s more news because your local insight is extremely invaluable.

(I think sometimes we forget that locals who join WS threads are up-close and personal to both the location and the happening. So they view it from a unique perspective, compared to the rest of us who merely read a few news reports online.)

If you are a new member who found WS and came here because of Mollie, and this is the only case you have ever followed, you have no way of knowing really, but all cases come to this point, and the thread slows down, eventually to a crawl, except when there are hearings, and until the trial starts, when it heats up again. People often complain that LE releases little or no info before an arrest, but there really is a lockdown after one. Investigators are likely still investigating, and prosecutors are gathering the facts as quickly as they can and preparing to try CR for 1st degree murder. They are not going to try him in the media, so don't expect heaps of new things to sleuth anytime soon. If you feel like there is nothing else that you can do here, please consider hanging around and check out any of the far-too-many other threads here. There, sadly, is never a shortage of threads that can benefit from your concern and input. JMO

Last edited:
OMG Charlie, incredibly sad. Who does that to a woman that age!!! Or anyone for that matter.

I’m trying to understand just that. The farming village is 15 miles outside of Flint, I still have family in the area.

Twice before my sister died, she told me things and asked me to share with LE. I did the best I could to do so, but may not have full comprehension if exactly what she was conveying to me.

The point I was trying to make is that bad things happen everywhere.

None of us knows the times we escaped bad things by our simple activities. We are aware of the seriously bad incidents of people who, for whatever reason commit heinous acts close to us.

Those bad thing violate each of us as far as our defined comfort and safe zones. And it’s in part the reason Mollies death means so much to all of us here and drives us to discover motives.
Evil has lived amongst us for hundreds of years. But recently it has been more widely studied, discussed and technology has made the discussion much more available.

<modsnip: Please don't start politicizing again.>

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll leave the light on for you. You've been an extremely valued member of this little community, & we'll miss you. Take care

If you are a new member who found WS and came here because of Mollie, and this is the only case you have ever followed, you have no way of knowing really, but all cases come to this point, and the thread slows down, eventually to a crawl. People often complain that LE releases little or no info before an arrest, but there really is a lockdown after one. Investigators are likely still investigating, and prosecutors are gathering the facts as quickly as they can and preparing to try CR for 1st degree murder. They are not going to try him in the media, so don't expect heaps of new things to sleuth anytime soon. If you feel like there is nothing else that you can do here, please consider hanging around and check out any of the far-too-many other threads here. There, sadly, is never a shortage of threads that can benefit from your concern and input. JMO

Good post to understand and help with expectations. Right at trial time it lights up again. And folks are glad to renew old relationships they had in the past.

Here is a picture of the 1900 block of 385th Ave.

The next picture is a close up of one area I would like to see more of the terrain because it looks like a drainage spot that might provide cover from the road, plus there is a nearby pull-off, but I can't zoom in close enough on the maps to see more.

The last picture is closer yet so you can see the pull-off. This is the area I could see him parking and attacking her. Maybe. JMO
TL. the 1900 block goes on for quite a distance.

Do you have a more definite pinpoint where you believe CR initially had the first contact with MT. ?

@SharonNeedles, thanks again for your courtesy, efforts beyond expectations, and valued contributions about Iowa and this horrific crime against Mollie. Peace out...

I think for now the sleuthing comes down to possible routes CR took and what the points of interest mean. We don’t have the info LE does but can still make some educated guesses. What doesn’t need to be discussed is how much of a monster he is because he is physchotic because we don’t know. Or that he is a serial killer type because we don’t know. There is still plenty to discuss IMO. When there is no info IMO people start to go bat $hit crazy and just want to argue the same points over and over. Let’s look for something new to discuss!!!
That helps! Thank you

Thank you for your videos and insights. I guess I’m a little confused since I’m relatively new here (and you’ve already probably signed off this forum to reply so maybe others can reply for him).
I mean this question honestly without any sarcasm or snarkiness:

What is there to sleuth at this point ?

We have very little information on arrest warrant, we know very little about CR, and we can’t sleuth anyone else since they aren’t suspects or POI’s. All we have is our own speculations to fill in the blanks. Otherwise this thread would be done until new information is released. Again I mean this sincerely, what are we to sleuth and talk about?

One wide open area is background on the tees leading up to CR CROSSING THE BORDER and the 4-7 years he lived in Iowa. His criminal history, mainly due to the severity of murder. Imo I find it unlikely his first criminal act was murder. There is unverified rumor he had contact with other women in the area, but I have the feeling there is most likely much more criminal substance to this young man.

Although some of it might be under the LE radar.

<modsnip: snipped post that was removed>

Most likely all will return close to trial time and catch up.

I too find it sad we had to meet at all, but find the discussion interesting. So many intelligent posters from all over the world.

To each who are beginning to fade off, thank you and prosperity in real life. Be well and be safe. Take with you what you’ve learned and thank you for helping make my life well rounded and interesting. I too come less often and have a good life to live.

Pray for Mollie and friends and family. They have a difficult road to travel. Let’s hope for good things to happen from what happened to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Investigators say they have searched a pig farm and other places in east-central Iowa near where a University of Iowa student went missing, but have turned up no sign of her. CBS affiliate KCCI-TV reports that the pig farm is near Guernsey, about 15 minutes from 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts' hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

FBI officers, accompanied by search dogs, continued their search Thursday evening, acting off a new tip, KCCI-TV reported.

Investigators search pig farm for missing Iowa college student; FBI gets new tip

With the amount of attention paid to the pig farm, and of course the stalking issue, LE HAD AT LEAST PRELIMINARY INFORMATION from her cell phone and the Fitbit. Although the community members were searching the media reported extensive attention in the area.

Along with the genealogical breakthroughs, I am personally overjoyed to see law enforcement utilizing both technology’s in crime resolution.

Perhaps a good number of unsolved cold cases will realize justice as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214