IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the stupidest question you read here today, but it is one I have actually pondered in this case. Is there any set rules as to when a dead body is referred to a 'body', as opposed to being referred to as 'remains', or does LE always refer to remains as body, or is it a completely subjective term?. I ask because in the arrest warrant, her 'body' is referred to. When I think that she had been lying there about 5 weeks, I would assume she would primarily be 'remains'. I would think the likelihood of getting DNA would be much better if it was a body, if this makes sense. JMO
No that's a really good question. I don't have an answer tho.

So, I was thinking about this last night. What if he saw Mollie on Boundary, saw she was going up 385th Ave next and got ahead of her. He parks his car after the curve between 1901 and 1921 and starts jogging towards her? That curve would definitely hide his car - as someone pointed out. When he reaches her he turns around and starts following her, trying to jog with her. By this time, they're almost to his car. That's when she threatens to call the police and he attacks. To me that's the only thing that makes sense (if there is any truth to his story at all) how else would he be close enough to his car to take her quickly?

This may be the stupidest question you read here today, but it is one I have actually pondered in this case. Is there any set rules as to when a dead body is referred to a 'body', as opposed to being referred to as 'remains', or does LE always refer to remains as a body, or are they completely subjective terms? I ask because in the arrest warrant, her 'body' is referred to. When I think that she had been lying there about 5 weeks, I would assume she would primarily be 'remains'. I would think the likelihood of getting DNA would be much better if it was a body, if this makes sense. JMO

Not stupid at all, that was one of my first inklings that she may have been held for a period of time.

We are so used to LE stating the remains of when there is a lengthy time period

Here is the definition of human remains....

Human Remains Definition

The body of a deceased person, in whole or in parts, regardless of its stage of decomposition.

Human Remains Definition

This link has a comparison

Corpse vs Remains - What's the difference?

Does anyone recall where the search dogs were?

I thought they had them out by WC’s land

So, I was thinking about this last night. What if he saw Mollie on Boundary, saw she was going up 385th Ave next and got ahead of her. He parks his car after the curve between 1901 and 1921 and starts jogging towards her? That curve would definitely hide his car - as someone pointed out. When he reaches her he turns around and starts following her, trying to jog with her. By this time, they're almost to his car. That's when she threatens to call the police and he attacks. To me that's the only thing that makes sense (if there is any truth to his story at all) how else would he be close enough to his car to take her quickly?
Here is a picture of the 1900 block of 385th Ave.

The next picture is a close up of one area I would like to see more of the terrain because it looks like a drainage spot that might provide cover from the road, plus there is a nearby pull-off, but I can't zoom in close enough on the maps to see more.

The last picture is closer yet so you can see the pull-off. This is the area I could see him parking and attacking her. Maybe. JMO

Attachments

• MT26.PNG
    MT26.PNG
    409.8 KB · Views: 115
  • MT24.PNG
    MT24.PNG
    570.6 KB · Views: 122
  • MT25.PNG
    MT25.PNG
    249.7 KB · Views: 112
Yes I think he parked his car ahead of her, hidden on the curve and waited for her. She wouldn't have seen it until she was almost there He maybe even had his trunk open pretending to get something and then he grabbed her and threw her in.

Not stupid at all, that was one of my first inklings that she may have been held for a period of time.

We are so used to LE stating the remains of when there is a lengthy time period

Here is the definition of human remains....

Human Remains Definition

The body of a deceased person, in whole or in parts, regardless of its stage of decomposition.

Human Remains Definition

This link has a comparison

Corpse vs Remains - What's the difference?
The affidavit does, however, list the date of her death as 7/18/2018.

The affidavit does, however, list the date of her death as 7/18/2018.

It also states no in the box is date and time of the incident known

They were only giving ranges on what cr admitted to and possibly Fitbit , they still had to get the ME report to get a truer picture of what happened.

That’s why I’m holding out until we get a better timeframe from LE and ME

LE isn’t commenting on when or if she was held yet

Last edited:

The next picture is a close up of one area I would like to see more of the terrain because it looks like a drainage spot that might provide cover from the road, plus there is a nearby pull-off, but I can't zoom in close enough on the maps to see more.

The last picture is closer yet so you can see the pull-off. This is the area I could see him parking and attacking her. Maybe. JMO

Good pics, thanks!

In that last picture, is that a sidewalk running alongside the road? That’s what it looks like, though I wouldn’t have expected a sidewalk there. But if it is, it makes more sense to me why Mollie would have been running there.

In that last picture, is that a sidewalk running alongside the road? That’s what it looks like, though I wouldn’t have expected a sidewalk there. But if it is, it makes more sense to me why Mollie would have been running there.
No, on that map software it puts a line over the road, but sometimes if the road's not exactly straight, the line runs off. There is no sidewalk on that road, but the road is black top. From what I can make out from videos and maps, the banks on either side of the road for most that stretch are high, and as @CheetosDust pointed out, that area has some hills. That's why I am curious about that particular area in the red circle because it would be a good place to actually pull off the road a bit.

Investigators say they have searched a pig farm and other places in east-central Iowa near where a University of Iowa student went missing, but have turned up no sign of her. CBS affiliate KCCI-TV reports that the pig farm is near Guernsey, about 15 minutes from 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts' hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

FBI officers, accompanied by search dogs, continued their search Thursday evening, acting off a new tip, KCCI-TV reported.

Investigators search pig farm for missing Iowa college student; FBI gets new tip

Yes and CR knew that. Dumbo never thought that he might be on Candid Camera.
I myself never think of that either, that no matter where we are there is a good chance we are being filmed. And in little Brooklyn Iowa where not a lot happens who would have thought that a resident had a system on their home?
It's not surprising at all; especially as the cost has come down.

This is how I have felt right from the beginning. It was planned, it was quick and there was no dialogue.
Oh and how many times have I said I do not believe a word that came out of his mouth except he showed where Mollie was which he knew for 5 weeks and was hoping they were going to blame the pig farmer. He was watching, he knew what was going on.

I agree. I think there were planned segments to the abduction.

1. I believe he was preplanning the initial contact. He was looking to either begin a relationship or looking for a sexual encounter.

2. I believe he may have been looking at candidates for a period of time. He was lonely and had a need for an intimate relationship.

3. In his mind he was an attractive young man with a car, a job and attributes of value to bring to a relationship.

4. He may have been envious of the relationships his friends and coworkers had with partners. They probably bragged during the course of the day re sexual conquests and the availability every night of sex.

I recently read extensively about machismo in the Latino culture. I’m sharing one rather poignant story if a female traveler questioning her experience.

I’m posting it here, NOT TO RAISE ISSUES, but perhaps to extend an understanding of one aspect of Latino culture foreign to us in the USA. Although I’m very political I make an effort to keep my politics out of WS

Sexism and Machismo: the Attitude to Women in Latin America

IMO

MAchismo is a fact in this murder.

IMO

While we can argue it until the cows come home or the chickens return to roost, it is a fact;

Cristhian Rivera was and has been in the USA as an illegal, undocumented resident.

( any comment after carefully choosing my words on the subject may politicize it. I have vast experience arguing any side of any issue. Tear it apart and tell me anything in the 14 word statement that reflects an untruth)

The reason Mollie had to die is very slowly becoming clear. IMO and am very carefully sharing facts in my opinion.

Imo CR was raised in a machismo culture. This is not of his asking it’s a matter of fact. There are a thousand research papers in google that have studied the subject. AND THIS CONCLUSION IS OPINION ONLY. BASED IN MY RESEARCH. Should NOT BE IN ANY WAY CONSTRUED AS VICTIM BLAMING.

Mollie was and should be remembered as the beautiful, kind, pure of heart phenomenal young woman she strove to be.

Imo CBR for whatever reason tried to begin a relationship with her.

Mollie rejected him.

The threat to contact police was a proper response from her.

CBR May have construed it as a threat to everything he was doing in the USA. A better life, money sent home to family, his car and his job would all be gone if she made one simple 911 call. Three numbers and the threat of a phone call is the reason CBR killed Mollie Tibbets.

And in the end he was the single person who made the decision to eliminate the threat to the life he led.

All imo and nothing intended to besmirch Mollie Tibbets or politicize anything. No victim blaming.
Mollie Tibbets is, has been and will remain as the wonderful girl next door who touched the lives of so many. It was not her fault in any manner she died at the hand of CBR.

Last edited:
Investigators say they have searched a pig farm and other places in east-central Iowa near where a University of Iowa student went missing, but have turned up no sign of her. CBS affiliate KCCI-TV reports that the pig farm is near Guernsey, about 15 minutes from 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts' hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

FBI officers, accompanied by search dogs, continued their search Thursday evening, acting off a new tip, KCCI-TV reported.

Investigators search pig farm for missing Iowa college student; FBI gets new tip

Sorry to quote myself but I just realized they used search dogs, don’t know if they ever used cadaver dogs

Because a Search and Rescue Dog is trained to find living humans, and not detect decomposing flesh.

Cadaver Dogs are trained to locate and follow the scent of decomposing human flesh.

What You Need to Know About Cadaver Dogs

I agree. I think there were planned segments to the abduction.

1. I believe he was preplanning the initial contact. He was looking to either begin a relationship or looking for a sexual encounter.

2. I believe he may have been looking at candidates for a period of time. He was lonely and had a need for an intimate relationship.

3. In his mind he was an attractive young man with a car, a job and attributes of value to bring to a relationship.

4. He may have been envious of the relationships his friends and coworkers had with partners. They probably bragged during the course of the day re sexual conquests and the availability every night of sex.

I recently read extensively about machismo in the Latino culture. I’m sharing one rather poignant story if a female traveler questioning her experience.

I’m posting it here, NOT TO RAISE ISSUES, but perhaps to extend an understanding of one aspect of Latino culture foreign to us in the USA. Although I’m very political I make an effort to keep my politics out of WS

Sexism and Machismo: the Attitude to Women in Latin America

IMO

MAchismo is a fact in this murder.

IMO

While we can argue it until the cows come home or the chickens return to roost, it is a fact;

Cristhian Rivera was and has been in the USA as an illegal, undocumented resident.

( any comment after carefully choosing my words on the subject may politicize it. I have vast experience arguing any side of any issue. Tear it apart and tell me anything in the 14 word statement that reflects an untruth)

The reason Mollie had to die is very slowly becoming clear. IMO and am very carefully sharing facts in my opinion.

Imo CR was raised in a machismo culture. This is not of his asking it’s a matter of fact. There are a thousand research papers in google that have studied the subject. AND THIS CONCLUSION IS OPINION ONLY. BASED IN MY RESEARCH. Should NOT BE IN ANY WAY CONSTRUED AS VICTIM BLAMING.

Mollie was and should be remembered as the beautiful, kind, pure of heart phenomenal young woman she strove to be.

Imo CBR for whatever reason tried to begin a relationship with her.

Mollie rejected him.

The threat to contact police was a proper response from her.

CBR May have construed it as a threat to everything he was doing in the USA. A better life, money sent home to family, his car and his job would all be gone if she made one simple 911 call. Three numbers and the threat of a phone call is the reason CBR killed Mollie Tibbets.

And in the end he was the single person who made the decision to eliminate the threat to the life he led.

All imo and nothing intended to besmirch Mollie Tibbets or politicize anything. No victim blaming.
Mollie Tibbets is, has been and will remain as the wonderful girl next door who touched the lives of so many. It was not her fault in any manner she died at the hand of CBR.

I respect your opinion but he could have just walked away. He probably got rejected all the time if that even happened, but I don't think so. I think it was a sexually motivated attack and because she was a witness to that attack and she could identify him is why she is not here. MHO[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member