IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CR's digital communication's on the evening and night in question are going to be interesting; I think he would of made several calls in panic mode.

Here is a picture of the 1900 block of 385th Ave.

The next picture is a close up of one area I would like to see more of the terrain because it looks like a drainage spot that might provide cover from the road, plus there is a nearby pull-off, but I can't zoom in close enough on the maps to see more.

The last picture is closer yet so you can see the pull-off. This is the area I could see him parking and attacking her. Maybe. JMO

Here's the curve (on the left, at house number 1901) I think it happened between this house and 1921

Attachments

• paintastic20180904_124428.png
    paintastic20180904_124428.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 54
I wish there was more sluething going on here and less fan fiction... but as this case is now solved and I’ve got all the answers I came for it’s time for me to be on my way. Many thanks to the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of discussing with, may future discussions not involve my community nor yours! Take care all, keep your loved ones safe!

This may be the stupidest question you read here today, but it is one I have actually pondered in this case. Are there any set rules as to when a dead body is referred to a 'body', as opposed to being referred to as 'remains', or does LE always refer to remains as a body, or are they completely subjective terms? I ask because in the arrest warrant, her 'body' is referred to. When I think that she had been lying there about 5 weeks, I would assume she would primarily be 'remains'. I would think the likelihood of getting suspect's DNA would be much better if it was a body, if this makes sense. JMO

It's up to LE what term they use. We still don't know how long her body was in that field.

I wish there was more sluething going on here and less fan fiction... but as this case is now solved and I’ve got all the answers I came for it’s time for me to be on my way. Many thanks to the wonderful people I’ve had the pleasure of discussing with, may future discussions not involve my community nor yours! Take care all, keep your loved ones safe!
thank you for the great videos and all your hard work. I for one will miss you!

See ya SharonNeedles! Thank you so much for your insight and videos. They definitely helped this city girl understand a small rural town. Hope to catch you on other discussions. Hopefully once this goes to court and if/when we hear more evidence we will see you again!!

Take care, and thanks for all your help. Best to you and yours.

I agree it's getting difficult. Thanks for all you have contributed!

This may be the stupidest question you read here today, but it is one I have actually pondered in this case. Are there any set rules as to when a dead body is referred to a 'body', as opposed to being referred to as 'remains', or does LE always refer to remains as a body, or are they completely subjective terms? I ask because in the arrest warrant, her 'body' is referred to. When I think that she had been lying there about 5 weeks, I would assume she would primarily be 'remains'. I would think the likelihood of getting suspect's DNA would be much better if it was a body, if this makes sense. JMO

I have seen both terms used in affidavits although often when remains are used the body is skeltonized. Even though she was found 5 weeks later that would not be enough time to be in a completely skeleton state.

Sady the body would be badly decomposed but the skin...tissue etc would still be there although in a state of bloat and skin slippage.

Imo it would not be long enough for her pretty hair to detach from the skull. Its so sad to even think of beautiful Mollie being reduced to this state when she was so vibrant in life.

Imo

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1)

Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

Crime Reports - Brooklyn, Poweshiek County, IA

Wow, this is crazy. I guess people are just sticking their heads in the sand???

Mollie Tibbets

I have to express my appreciation

to

SHARONNEEDLES

for his time attention and quality of videos
Of small town Brooklyn.

I grew up in smaller town Michigan village of 623. But these videos reminded me of the demographic makeup of small town America.

It helped me understand;

1. Evil does exist everywhere.

2. A murder of elderly resident long after I was gone remains unsolved after 21 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2018/02/murder_of_88-year-old_lennon_w.amp

3. The small town close neighbors saw nothing. Yet she was too chased raped and murdered. It’s a heinous end to her life.

Mary was 88 years old. I didn’t know her. After a lifetime of hard work and her husband gone she lived quietly.

Evil came to her door 21 years ago. Lacking any morals or human standards I hold dear beat the life out of her, raped her and disappeared. No arrests have been made. Relatives and friends have died.

Evil can visit small town America.

It did with Mary and visited July 18, 2018he came to Brooklyn and took Mollie Tibbets life. She was dead before reported missing.

Thank you SHARIN NEEDLES FOR GREAT
VIDEOS. And a subtle reminder if a lady who died over 2 decades ago and may never see justice.

Was there any DNA collected in that case? We have a similarly tragic case in my state from 1990 and they have done extensive DNA analysis recently to open up new leads. The cases sound similar at first glance and the suspect here is not in any database. If you listen to podcasts the Knock Knock podcast is about this case. DNA will solve this one and hopefully soon. Someone knows something.

It is skewed because of the small population. It is incidents per 1000 people. With a population of 1400 it is to be expected. It is statistically too small of a population for the formula to be accurate.

Exactly! Was just about to post pretty much what you just said, ver batim. Also, I have seen, and will look for, other statistics that show a considerably smaller crime rate for the Brooklyn area. We discussed this all wayyyyyy back there, probably some 20 threads ago or more.

Exactly! Was just about to post pretty much what you just said, ver batim. Also, I have seen, and will look for, other statistics that show a considerably smaller crime rate for the Brooklyn area. We discussed this all wayyyyyy back there, probably some 20 threads ago or more.

Sorry it was posted before, I had not seen it

Sorry it was posted before, I had not seen it

Dont be sorry. The thread is not flying now, so I don't think asking about something that was discussed that far back is gonna bother anyone. Besides, it is probably a new topic for many people on this thread now. JMO

Thank you for your videos and insights. I guess I’m a little confused since I’m relatively new here (and you’ve already probably signed off this forum to reply so maybe others can reply for him).
I mean this question honestly without any sarcasm or snarkiness:

What is there to sleuth at this point ?

We have very little information on arrest warrant, we know very little about CR, and we can’t sleuth anyone else since they aren’t suspects or POI’s. All we have is our own speculations to fill in the blanks. Otherwise this thread would be done until new information is released. Again I mean this sincerely, what are we to sleuth and talk about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214