IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was more sluething going on here and less fan fiction... but as this case is now solved ...

<snip - is there a rule about making announcements about leaving?>

I'm unfamiliar with the term "fan fiction", but I disagree that there are no more questions in relation to the abduction and murder of Mollie.

There has been a lot of discussion around the timeline from abduction to murder. The arrest warrant gives the impression that start to finish was 43 minutes. I found that very surprising. I "sleuthed" statistics for average times between abduction and murder and sure enough, 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour after abduction. That "sleuthed" fact is relevant, as it supports the timeline in the arrest warrant. This information makes the 43 minutes more likely. This answer both eliminates and adds other questions.

https://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1545&context=gc_etds

We know that Rivera was business as usual the morning after he abducted and murdered Mollie. How is that possible? I "sleuthed" the DSM-5 (no, I don't have to be a verified psychologist to do this) to see how his behavior aligns with anti-social personality disorder. If we believe that he felt no guilt or empathy, we can begin to understand him through the DSM-5.

http://www.psi.uba.ar/academica/car...ica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf

There are many questions about whether he pre-planned the body location, or whether he drove around for a while. If we go with the 43 minutes in the arrest warrant, and the fact that 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour, can we believe that he pre-planned the body location? If so, that gave him 30 minutes for stabbing and assaulting Mollie.

The question of who, when, how, and why have been answered. For some, the curiosity goes beyond those questions, and is more about getting into the mind of someone like Rivera, to understand whether it is really possible that this is his first criminal offense, and whether he is the exception to all published research about the evolution of criminal behavior. That is where the sleuthing in interesting. Sleuthing, for me, is never about finding the suspect. That's what the police do. It's about understanding the minds of criminals. Strange but true.

TL. the 1900 block goes on for quite a distance.

Do you have a more definite pinpoint where you believe CR initially had the first contact with MT. ?
At this point, I don't know what all happened on 385th, so there are several options:

1) If he did nothing more than tackle her and throw her in his trunk there, than about anywhere on that stretch, especially the eastern end, would do.

2) If his recount of the event is true, and if he went into a rage and inflicted the injuries right then and there, that again could have happened anywhere most likely on that eastern end.

3) If, however, there was a SA involved, or he inflicted the injuries purposefully (not instantaneously during a rage), then I think he would need a location off the road and out of site. That's why I have tried to look for a spot along the 1900 block that would be both isolated, and easily accessed. That's the red circle on my map. The problem is, I don't know just by the map if that drainage area is easily accessible.

Of course, this is all JMO, and guessing.

With the amount of attention paid to the pig farm, and of course the stalking issue, LE HAD AT LEAST PRELIMINARY INFORMATION from her cell phone and the Fitbit. Although the community members were searching the media reported extensive attention in the area.

Along with the genealogical breakthroughs, I am personally overjoyed to see law enforcement utilizing both technology’s in crime resolution.

Perhaps a good number of unsolved cold cases will realize justice as time goes on.

I’m wondering how close she was to the pig farms they searched, I know LE said that she was covered up and hard to see, but at that point did they ever take cadaver dogs too?

I have no idea how far a dog can detect smell but I think the pig farms were very close.

Also wondering if scientists can figure out from the corn stalks state a time frame of when they started to die off.

If finger prints can be lifted from the stalks, although he admitted to covering her up, there could always be the possibility he had help.

<snip - is there a rule about making announcements about leaving?>

I'm unfamiliar with the term "fan fiction", but I disagree that there are no more questions in relation to the abduction and murder of Mollie.

There has been a lot of discussion around the timeline from abduction to murder. The arrest warrant gives the impression that start to finish was 43 minutes. I found that very surprising. I "sleuthed" statistics for average times between abduction and murder and sure enough, 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour after abduction. That "sleuthed" fact is relevant, as it supports the timeline in the arrest warrant. This information makes the 43 minutes more likely. This answer both eliminates and adds other questions.

https://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1545&context=gc_etds

We know that Rivera was business as usual the morning after he abducted and murdered Mollie. How is that possible? I "sleuthed" the DSM-5 (no, I don't have to be a verified psychologist to do this) to see how his behavior aligns with anti-social personality disorder. If we believe that he felt no guilt or empathy, we can begin to understand him through the DSM-5.

http://www.psi.uba.ar/academica/car...ica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf

There are many questions about whether he pre-planned the body location, or whether he drove around for a while. If we go with the 43 minutes in the arrest warrant, and the fact that 69% of abduction victims are deceased in less than an hour, can we believe that he pre-planned the body location? If so, that gave him 30 minutes for stabbing and assaulting Mollie.

The question of who, when, how, and why have been answered. For some, the curiosity goes beyond those questions, and is more about getting into the mind of someone like Rivera, to understand whether it is really possible that this is his first criminal offense, and whether he is the exception to all published research about the evolution of criminal behavior. That is where the sleuthing in interesting. Sleuthing, for me, is never about finding the suspect. That's what the police do. It's about understanding the minds of criminals. Strange but true.

Studying the mind of the perp is fascinating to me too

This case is unique in lots of ways

I appreciate all the scenarios people have

Thanks to all!

At this point, I don't know what all happened on 385th, so there are several options:

1) If he did nothing more than tackle her and throw her in his trunk there, than about anywhere on that stretch, especially the eastern end, would do.

2) If his recount of the event is true, and if he went into a rage and inflicted the injuries right then and there, that again could have happened anywhere most likely on that eastern end.

3) If, however, there was a SA involved, or he inflicted the injuries purposefully (not instantaneously during a rage), then I think he would need a location off the road and out of site. That's why I have tried to look for a spot along the 1900 block that would be both isolated, and easily accessed. That's the red circle on my map. The problem is, I don't know just by the map if that drainage area is easily accessible.

Of course, this is all JMO, and guessing.

Do the maps isolate the 1900-2000 block?

Would be interesting to just isolate that section

This is basically the 1900 block - from the little curve on the left, to the intersection on the right. I can zoom in anywhere I want on there, but it only allows you to see so close. And there are, unfortunately, no street level views that I'm aware of.

Attachments

• MT26.PNG
    MT26.PNG
    409.8 KB · Views: 36
I’m wondering how close she was to the pig farms they searched, I know LE said that she was covered up and hard to see, but at that point did they ever take cadaver dogs too?

I have no idea how far a dog can detect smell but I think the pig farms were very close.

Also wondering if scientists can figure out from the corn stalks state a time frame of when they started to die off.

If finger prints can be lifted from the stalks, although he admitted to covering her up, there could always be the possibility he had help.
The location she was found was over 3 miles away from the pig farm, I believe.

This is basically the 1900 block - from the little curve on the left, to the intersection on the right. I can zoom in anywhere I want on there, but it only allows you to see so close. And there are, unfortunately, no street level views that I'm aware of.

Is the intersection on the right where 2000 would start?

Studying the mind of the perp is fascinating to me too

This case is unique in lots of ways

I appreciate all the scenarios people have

Thanks to all!

It is unique, as it is the first case of a stranger abduction/murder where a digital signature provides a significant evidence trail, possibly including the exact time of death.

It is also significant that the suspect does not have a criminal record, yet he was brazen in this abduction/murder. Who is he, and what did he do before this nearly perfect crime? How long did he think about this before acting?

The location she was found was over 3 miles away from the pig farm, I believe.
We know they searched two farms, I wonder how close they came to her?

I know reporters questioned LE about missing the body and they were visibly upset that they missed her, it’s like they probably felt they were soooo close.

Can you see down the rows between the corn stalks, meaning could a person see a covered body or is it too dense with leaves?

It is unique, as it is the first case of a stranger abduction/murder where a digital signature provides a significant evidence trail, possibly including the exact time of death.

It is also significant that the suspect does not have a criminal record, yet he was brazen in this abduction/murder. Who is he, and what did he do before this nearly perfect crime? How long did he think about this before acting?

He is one that will be studied

Going 0-100 is so out of the norm, it negates most everything you read about perps.

This case has the potential for abduction, kidnapping, SA and murder from a perp with no history

Yes, and that's 200 St., which is the street some of us think was CR's possible route out of town. It can go straight down to 460th.

It has a lot of desolate space, IMO, that was not by mistake!

One thing about pig farms:::THEY STINK THE WORSE so I do wonder how that would affect a cadaver dogs sense of smell.
Where I am we have a cadaver dog that can actually smell underwater,,,they put him in the boat and off they go,,,amazing.
I remember reading something about dogs looking for Mollie but do not remember if they were just trackers, cadaver or where exactly they went with them.

One thing about pig farms:::THEY STINK THE WORSE so I do wonder how that would affect a cadaver dogs sense of smell.
Where I am we have a cadaver dog that can actually smell underwater,,,they put him in the boat and off they go,,,amazing.
I remember reading something about dogs looking for Mollie but do not remember if they were just trackers, cadaver or where exactly they went with them.

You hit on a great point

One thing that screws cadaver dogs up is dead pigs, they will hit on those as human but not other dead animals.

I was reading today they have hit on bodies 40 feet under water or buried in the ground

Just amazing animals.

Caught up finally. I'll be here for any new evidence and of course any trial.
I'm stuck on Jordan in Largo, Florida now.
Justice for Mollie
Chi <3
It’s been a while CHI. Not much after the arrest and the little bit of lawyer drama.

We know they searched two farms, I wonder how close they came to her?

I know reporters questioned LE about missing the body and they were visibly upset that they missed her, it’s like they probably felt they were soooo close.

Can you see down the rows between the corn stalks, meaning could a person see a covered body or is it too dense with leaves?

Having been raised on a farm. Beginning mid summer one can’t see below the dense canopy of the top layer of corn. In fact unless an error in planting you cannot see the soil. If covered with more stalks she would have been virtually invisible. Maybe a recovery canine would have picked up a scent but a cornfield hides everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member