IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither his mother, if still living, nor his father, nor his aunt or uncle or any other member of CR's family are suspects or POI's in this case, and therefore any sleuthing of them is a violation of TOS. Doubt we will learn much more about his time in Mexico than we already know. We actually don't even know a great deal about all of his time here in the US, and I would think that should be easier to find. And again, just because we do not know these things, it does not necessarily mean that LE doesn't know. JMO

Neither his mother, if still living, nor his father, nor his aunt or uncle or any other member of CR's family are suspects or POI's in this case, and therefore any sleuthing of them is a violation of TOS. Doubt we will learn much more about his time in Mexico than we already know. We actually don't even know a great deal about all of his time here in the US, and I would think that should be easier to find. And again, just because we do not know these things, it does not necessarily mean that LE doesn't know. JMO
I agree. There still are many facts we don't know about him and his years here. He may have committed other crimes that are still unsolved. Iowa City and Des Moines are big metros just an hour down I-80.

This is what we know about his time in Mexico:

"Mr. Bahena Rivera grew up in El Guayabillo, a village of unpaved roads some three hours’ drive from Acapulco on Mexico’s Pacific Coast, and attended the only elementary school in the village of about 400 people."

“A very good person, a simple guy with no vices,” Victor Manuel Nuñez Carbajal, who attended school with Mr. Bahena Rivera, said in a Facebook message. Neighbors told Univision network that his father tended his small corn plot and also milked dairy cows in the village, earning less than $10 a day."​

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

What else can we figure out?

Interesting his father had a plot of corn in Mexico. Suspect could be very familiar with how good a hiding place cornfields can be. Maybe he worked/played in them growing up. In any event, there's something really weird about this guy.

Wow I didn't think the crime rate would be that high. Especially given some folks didn't lock their doors.

Crime in Brooklyn, Iowa

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Brooklyn violent crime is 45.8. (The US average is 31.1)

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Brooklyn property crime is 43.8. (The US average is 38.1)

Brooklyn, Iowa Crime

Crime Reports - Brooklyn, Poweshiek County, IA

I thought this was just a sleepy town in Iowa where everybody knew everybody and nobody locked their doors?

There is a show on the ID channel. Murder Comes To Town. About places like Brooklyn. Crime everywhere I guess.

4FA11A1300000578-6129935-image-a-11_1536061469156.jpg

Horrifying: Rob Tibbetts received a robocall calling his family 'race traitors', claiming that if his daughter Mollie, pictured with him, could be resurrected she would 'kill all immigrants'

'It was everything that's dark and wrong in America right now,' adding that his daughter would have found the message 'profoundly racist'.

'It was unbelievably painful,' Mr Tibbetts told the Des Moines Register.
Iowa authorities have since confirmed that 'robocalls' citing Ms Tibbetts are being used to promote white supremacist views, but they said there's little they can do.

Prosecutors have no authority to step in because there's no apparent effort to deceive anyone for commercial purposes, said Lynn Hicks, a spokesman for the Iowa attorney general's office.

Hicks said Iowa law addressing robocalls, or autodialing, bars using the equipment for fraudulent purposes, 'but there are all kinds of exceptions for noncommercial purposes and for nonprofit organizations.'
Mollie Tibbetts' dad got racist propaganda robocall using her death | Daily Mail Online

I agree. There still are many facts we don't know about him and his years here. He may have committed other crimes that are still unsolved. Iowa City and Des Moines are big metros just an hour down I-80.
The reason I asked if his mother was still living or around during his childhood is because I'm trying to get an idea of his past history. It would be significant factor in his development and the forming of his personality if he grew up without a mother figure in his life.

It is skewed because of the small population. It is incidents per 1000 people. With a population of 1400 it is to be expected. It is statistically too small of a population for the formula to be accurate.

I respectfully disagree. These statistics always included the population formula. That is how the government compiles this data for every county in the country. That is the way they know the national median.

Its still way over the national norm. There are many counties of this size population that do not have this amount of violent crime per capita.

A city in my state was rated the worst homicide city
per capita in the nation in the 80s and rated 48th in the nation a few years ago. This was based on a county population of 200K. Thus year it was listed as the 13th most dangerous cities in the USA. It has been ruined by gangs ....drugs which result in murders..armed robberies and rapes.

Statistics are always based on per population.

Imo a county this small should be below the national average instead of being above it.

It seems even though the population is small violent crimes are happening way above average.

I find that alarming.

Jmo

What exactly is a robo call? Like when you answer the phone and it's a recording?

Interesting his father had a plot of corn in Mexico. Suspect could be very familiar with how good a hiding place cornfields can be. Maybe he worked/played in them growing up. In any event, there's something really weird about this guy.
I do wonder if CR worked in those cornfields in temp jobs such as detassling. He knew enough to cover MT with leaves from the stalks of corn so she couldn't be seen if drones were flying over. I also wonder if she was moved.

Unless Tricia lets us know otherwise, it is okay to mildly discuss the MSM articles about RT and the robocalls (only because it is MSM news). Do not however let your posts go beyond what is contained in the article, i.e. don't start with your own political beliefs or agendas, rep/dem, left/right, black/white, etc. IF it goes beyond what is contained in the article and spins out of control in this thread, we'll have to revisit that decision (which Tricia may do anyway ... her call).

Please tread very, very lightly.

Studying the mind of the perp is fascinating to me too

This case is unique in lots of ways

I appreciate all the scenarios people have

Thanks to all!

Me too. After I move on a bit from the horror and my emotional attachment I move on to the behavior of the accused. So many cases the Family does an amazing job letting us know exactly who their loved one was. It tears away a bit of your heart but we move on to other aspects of a case. We still honor the victim. It's self preservation. And of course seeing it thru to justice. It's how I roll or I could not be here. I understand it's not how others choose to roll. I respect that.

I would think they would at least have his school records. One thing I found confusing was that they say he attended a small elementary school but he has a middle school education. Maybe over there elementary school includes 7th grade? Or is equivalent to our 7th grade level? They only mention elementary school, as if that's the last and only school he ever attended.

I respectfully disagree. These statistics always included the population formula. That is how the government compiles this data for every county in the country. That is the way they know the national median.

Its still way over the national norm. There are many counties of this size population that do not have this amount of violent crime per capita.

per capita in the nation in the 80s and rated 48th in the nation a few years ago. This was based on a county population of 200K. Thus year it was listed as the 13th most dangerous cities in the USA. It has been ruined by gangs ....drugs which result in murders..armed robberies and rapes.

Imo a county this small should be below the national average instead of being above it.

It seems even though the population is small violent crimes are happening way above average.

I find that alarming.

Jmo

It is very alarming. Very understandable why residents are installing security cameras.

I would think they would at least have his school records. One thing I found confusing was that they say he attended a small elementary school but he has a middle school education. Maybe over there elementary school includes 7th grade? Or is equivalent to our 7th grade level? They only mention elementary school, as if that's the last and only school he ever attended.
From what I could find primary school is grades 1-6, secondary (middle) is grades 7-9
High school 10-12

You hit on a great point

One thing that screws cadaver dogs up is dead pigs, they will hit on those as human but not other dead animals.

I was reading today they have hit on bodies 40 feet under water or buried in the ground

Just amazing animals.

Truly. Which is why the Tennessee Body Farm will also use pigs. Next best thing to a human. Should we be insulted? LOL

I find that alarming.

Jmo
I don't get it. It makes it sound that nearly half the time there is some sort of crime occurring. Or 10% of the population are running around committing crimes all the time. How can there be so many burglaries and assaults occurring in what was described as a safe community? Is it the prevalence of drugs such as christal meth that was mentioned in previous threads?

Last edited:
I don't get it. It makes it sound that nearly half the time there is some sort of crime occurring. Or 25 % of the population are running around committing crimes all the time. How can there be so many burglaries and assaults occurring in what was described as a safe community? Is it the prevalence of drugs such as christal meth that was mentioned in previous threads?
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/cjsc/prof10/formulas.pdf
Per this gov website crime rates are calculated on per 100,000 population poweshiek county is less than 19,000 . Note at bottom states rate will be inflated when population is less than 100,000

Thank you for your videos and insights. I guess I’m a little confused since I’m relatively new here (and you’ve already probably signed off this forum to reply so maybe others can reply for him).
I mean this question honestly without any sarcasm or snarkiness:

What is there to sleuth at this point ?

We have very little information on arrest warrant, we know very little about CR, and we can’t sleuth anyone else since they aren’t suspects or POI’s. All we have is our own speculations to fill in the blanks. Otherwise this thread would be done until new information is released. Again I mean this sincerely, what are we to sleuth and talk about?

The best that I can answer your question, is that it is like the grieving process. For most, and the best of folks here, many are trying to grasp the reality of the horrific event that took place. They are trying to comprehend the confounding behaviour of a "Walter Mitty" farm hand, who has apparently acted out his inner fantasies, and they continue to look for a rational answer to an irrational act, and as a way to cope with the fear and cold reminder that it could happen to them and their's, if it could so easily happen to as blameless a victim as MT, in the literal American Heartland.

Going on 55 years, people still ask "who killed JFK", and we are still confounded about the machenachions behind the deaths of Malcom X, Dr. King, and Bobby Kenedy. People, in general, want an end to the narrative, but this story is not a 60 minute crime drama, neatly tied up at the end. Rather, like real life (and Marvel comics), this narrative is open ended and will likely be so for years (1 - 2 at a minimum).

For others, there was a reason that P.T. Barnum had to put up an ornate sign (pointing to a one-way, locking exit door) saying "This way to the egress" as a way to get gawkers wanting more to leave the "side show". Others may stay just because of the appeal of the ongoing Sturm und Drang, and others because of force of habit. Whatever shoe fits...

Lip balm?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members