IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarrabee was given the opportunity to comment and chose not to do so. That's up to them. I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over worrying about their reputation.

That sounds rather like underhanded bully tactics....Yarrabee was given the opportunity to comment? What happened to the day when the media just reported plain old reliable “news”?

At this point in time I don’t think their reputation is their primary concern anyway, given the murder of Mollie by CR has yet to come before the court.

Earlier there has been a lot of discussion pertaining to CR “blaming” Mollie because she threatened to call police, according to his story.

Just an observation, now the “blame” has shifted away from CR’s personal accountability to blame Yarrabee Farms by an unverified allegation that they provided him with the vehicle he used in connection to her murder.

Interesting, the theme of blame in this case....
Good grief. Nobody here, including me, has remotely suggested that CR is not to blame for Mollie's murder.

If Yarrabee Farms knowingly hired an illegal alien then they will be blamed for violating federal law. If CR had not been in the country, Mollie would be alive. That's a fact. If they knowingly provided a vehicle to an unlicensed driver, that is a violation of the law. It is a fact that CR did not own the vehicle he used to abduct and transport Mollie. It is a fact CR did not have a driver's license. These facts have been confirmed by LE. It is a fact that Mollie's abduction and hiding of her body would have been difficult to impossible without a vehicle so yes, the owner of the vehicle holds blame.

It is also a fact that HS/ ICE agents were at Yarrabee Farms today for two hours. I doubt they were there to see how butter is made but that's just my opinion.

Why? What is their liability? Could a reasonable and prudent man have known that CR would kill MT. We are not talking about an auto accident here. The fact that CR was an unlicensed driver had nothing to do with MT's death. Yes, CR should not have been driving. But we do not know if CR showed a fake (not in the system) DL, or a real but altered Iowa DL with DR's picture and name on it to management. Iffy at a traffic stop, but suffecent to pass muster with the owner. Or, the farm/car owner could represent that CR did show him a "Licence". Prove otherwise.

We do not even know who gave him permission to use the car. What is the "chain of command" at the farm. Could CR's uncle who works at the farm be his immediate supervisor and gave CR permission to use the car? And could have the uncle have represented to the Farm management that his nephew was licenced?

I would be curious as to what a Civil Attorney would recommend in this situation. Pay or hold tight?

Only time will tell what happens next, or down the road.
CR produced a State ID. That is not the same as a driver's license. The links have been posted many times.

That sounds rather like underhanded bully tactics....Yarrabee was given the opportunity to comment? What happened to the day when the media just reported plain old reliable “news”?

At this point in time I don’t think their reputation is their primary concern anyway, given the murder of Mollie by CR has yet to come before the court.
The story said Yarrabee didn't return their calls. That's pretty standard journalistic practice when using unnamed sourced information.

CR produced a State ID. That is not the same as a driver's license. The links have been posted many times.

Yes, that is true, but what about a fake DL newer than the out of state ID used by CR to document and validate his I-9 4 years prior?
That has not been documented one way or another. These are all hypotheticals, there is nothing to prove one way or the other.

Yes, that is true, but what about a fake DL newer than the out of state ID used by CR to document and validate his I-9 4 years prior?
That has not been documented one way or another. These are all hypotheticals, there is nothing to prove one way or the other.
CR had worked there for four years so he'd need an Iowa driver's license. I also think the company's insurance carrier would have verified it.

Good grief. Nobody here, including me, has remotely suggested that CR is not to blame for Mollie's murder.

If Yarrabee Farms knowingly hired an illegal alien then they will be blamed for violating federal law. If CR had not been in the country, Mollie would be alive. That's a fact. If they knowingly provided a vehicle to an unlicensed driver, that is a violation of the law. It is a fact that CR did not own the vehicle he used to abduct and transport Mollie. It is a fact CR did not have a driver's license. These facts have been confirmed by LE. It is a fact that Mollie's abduction and hiding of her body would have been difficult to impossible without a vehicle so yes, the owner of the vehicle holds blame.

It is also a fact that HS/ ICE agents were at Yarrabee Farms today for two hours. I doubt they were there to see how butter is made but that's just my opinion.

And if none of this comes to pass, if Yarrabee Farms violated no laws nor provided CR with a vehicle....I can’t imagine, what’s next? I hope not allegations of a coverup? Because it seems already as if they’re being tried and convicted based solely on total speculation.

Where it falls apart for me is that CR's uncle worked at Yarrabee and most certainly knew CR's real name. It isn't believable that he was known by one name at work and another by those in town.

Exactly. Not to mention there's absolutely 0% chance that Yarrabe farms thought this mexican man who couldn't speak English was named John Budd. That's just absurd.

CR had worked there for four years so he'd need an Iowa driver's license. I also think the company's insurance carrier would have verified it.

Your opinion, for what it's worth. Who knows the reality of what actually happened.

ICE Raids Dairy Farm Where Illegal Alien Accused of Killing Mollie Tibbetts Worked

Eric Lang, one of the chief executives of Yarrabee Farms, is the brother of Craig Lang, who was the president of the Iowa Farm Bureau. The Farm Bureau has chapters all over the United States, with the goal of increasing the number of low-skilled foreign workers, specifically those on H-2A visas, who are allowed to enter the country every year.

As Breitbart News reported, Eric Lang is also married to Nicole Schlinger, who runs the GOP fundraising firm Campaign Headquarters in Brooklyn, Iowa.

Nation & World Briefs

The couple — along with her husband’s brother Craig Lang and his wife — own farmland outside Brooklyn that includes trailers where some of the dairy’s employees live for free as a benefit of their employment, farm spokeswoman Eileen Wixted confirmed.

The story said Yarrabee didn't return their calls. That's pretty standard journalistic practice when using unnamed sourced information.

Standard journalism? That’s not so. MSM frequently refers to unnamed anonymous sources, always an indication the information might be accurate or it might not be. As long as information is sourced, the media isn’t required to verify it whatsoever. Calling on Yarrabee Farms to dispute or confirm a story suggests the Philadelphia information is based on total speculation, not sourced from anyone.

Reporter’s privilege of sources
Protection of sources - Wikipedia

And if none of this comes to pass, if Yarrabee Farms violated no laws nor provided CR with a vehicle....I can’t imagine, what’s next? I hope not allegations of a coverup? Because it seems already as if they’re being tried and convicted based solely on total speculation.
The public forms opinions. Perception is reality.

Standard journalism? MSM frequently refers to unnamed anonymous sources, always an indication the information might be accurate or it might not be. As long as information is sourced, the media isn’t required to verify it whatsoever. Calling on Yarrabee Farms to dispute or confirm a story suggests the Philadelphia information is based on total speculation, not sourced from anyone.

Reporter’s privilege of sources
Protection of sources - Wikipedia
If you don't want to believe it is factual, that's your right. If I was in Yarrabee's shoes, I'd immediately issue a statement saying the information is untrue. That is their right. Truth is a complete defense to libel.

Well said. I would be stunned if it comes out that Yarrabe didn't know he was illegal and was not allowing him to use a car that they owned.

I just read an article a few months back after an ICE raid about how this is standard operating procedure for illegal immigrants that work on big farms. They usually allow them to use the car and deduct money from their paycheck. Ill see if i can dig it up, it was a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff