Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that's going to be presented by the prosecution at trial has to be shared with the defense before trial. The prosecution also has to share anything that could be exculpatory to the defense as well, even if the prosecution doesn't plan to introduce it at trial. That's known as the Brady rule or a Brady disclosure.

At the end of the day it just takes a lot of time for both sides to line up expert witnesses, get them up to date on the facts, receive and share the evidence reports, have experts review the scientific evidence, interview each witness, prepare your own witnesses to testify, etc. And everything has to be done in a neat and organized way so if there is an appeal either side can defend the work they did. Lawyering is 90% paperwork.
Yeah, I thought it might have something to do with that.

There have been many attempts. If you can do it, many would appreciate it. It must be hard for the mods because of the fact people are allowed to state their opinions since the murderer claims his wife killed the kids and some believe him. But the assumptions aren't even based on facts! Also there are verified insiders on both sides. That's why I wish there were more posters from here. I think I was spoiled because this was my first case. Everyone very civil. Intelligent posters. Challenging posters who don't supply evidence. Those posters not getting defensive and combative. It's so frustrating. The ones who are there from this case are some of the best, in my opinion. We just need more.

I went to look last night after your comments and stayed all of 3 minutes.
I was actually a mod for #CourtTV back in the day so there’s not much that gets me riled but that thread is toxic.

Well, I guess we have a long wait. Why does it always take so long? How is that much time needed to prepare? Or is it because of other cases going to trial? I know it always seems to take forever but I don't understand why.
My guess is it will be longer than that. I don't see this trial beginning in 7 months. I think it will be closer to Apr 2020. JMO

Everything that's going to be presented by the prosecution at trial has to be shared with the defense before trial. The prosecution also has to share anything that could be exculpatory to the defense as well, even if the prosecution doesn't plan to introduce it at trial. That's known as the Brady rule or a Brady disclosure.

At the end of the day it just takes a lot of time for both sides to line up expert witnesses, get them up to date on the facts, receive and share the evidence reports, have experts review the scientific evidence, interview each witness, prepare your own witnesses to testify, etc. And everything has to be done in a neat and organized way so if there is an appeal either side can defend the work they did. Lawyering is 90% paperwork.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your knowledgeable posts and insight. Glad you found your way back over here.

Every time I see CR it gives me chills. Rage and sadness fill me as his evil dead blank icy cold eyes are what Mollie had to see as she left this world.
He is the type that if I saw him in the check out line I would go to another one. That’s how badly he creeps me out.
Now tax dollars and the families and community have to appease this with a trial. Sitting there breathing while her life was brutally snuffed out. We need to go back to the old days. There is no punishment and accountability for anything anymore.

I went to look last night after your comments and stayed all of 3 minutes.
I was actually a mod for #CourtTV back in the day so there’s not much that gets me riled but that thread is toxic.
I went to take a look as well. Completely agree. That's one thread I think I will keep read only. I haven't been put on time out before, looking to keep it that way.

Every time I see CR it gives me chills. Rage and sadness fill me as his evil dead blank icy cold eyes are what Mollie had to see as she left this world.
He is the type that if I saw him in the check out line I would go to another one. That’s how badly he creeps me out.
I don't think he looked quite as defiant as he did last time.

I went to take a look as well. Completely agree. That's one thread I think I will keep read only. I haven't been put on time out before, looking to keep it that way.

Awww, come on, every WS member needs to get a time out at least once. I have at least a couple in my portfolio, but it has been several years since I had one. I have learned where the line is, and about how close you can tiptoe up to it, when you really need to...but sometimes it's okay to just take one for the team. JMO

Last edited:
CR's uncle arrived late; well actually when the hearing was over.
Hi - I watched the video a couple of times to see if they were late - and entered along with the gentleman from the Consulate; or if they were already there - sitting at the end of the row (out of camera view). I couldn't tell...? If they did arrive late - they missed most of the important information. I wonder if the people from the consulate were helping them understand what would take place today? imo

Awww, come on, every WS member needs to get a time out at least once. I have at least a couple in my portfolio, but it has been several years since I had one. I have learned where the line is, and about how close you can tiptoe up to it, when you really need to. JMO

Yeah..... nope I think I'll pass.:)

Well, I guess we have a long wait. Why does it always take so long? How is that much time needed to prepare? Or is it because of other cases going to trial? I know it always seems to take forever but I don't understand why.
Actually, the Trial calendar proposed today was by the Court, and accepted by both defense and prosecution so can't blame the lawyers here. Trial date: 16 April 2019 - 9:30AM

So...it is not like the "Bull" episode I watched on CBS last night...? :D

On WS there are always cases that attract a different kind of poster. More like a gossip board than a crime board. People get obsessed with irrelevant information that does nothing to help victims or learn about crime or even help piece together a mystery. They think they are sleuthing but they're really just being petty gossips. I just try to avoid them, there's no arguing with that mentality. When things are slow on big cases I follow I check out the unidentified boards and see if I can match any missing persons cases to unidentified remains released by coroners for help. JMO
That's exactly what's going on. That's why I said that this case " spoiled" me because I expected all forums to be conducted like this one. It's hard to read without wanting to jump in in defense of a victim. Someone brought up the point that years from now, all those horrible things said about the victim will still be there for all to see. It's not right. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman