Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
US
@DHSgov
Special Agent Mike Fischels is now up to testify for the prosecution.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Replying to
@CGothnerKCCI
Fischels is based in Cedar Rapids and says he is proficient in Spanish, the first language of Cristhian Bahena Rivera.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Fischels says he was sent to Yarrabee Farms, CBR's employer, to find him and speak to him.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Fischels says he was granted permission to talk to workers and other officers located CBR.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Fischels describes CBR's demeanor as "calm, not nervous, cooperative." Says he discussed vehicles associated with CBR, including the black Malibu. CBR had a Nissan Altima that day -- testifies that CBR said Malibu was parked at his trailer nearby
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Fischels says he obtained consent to search both the Altima and Malibu from CBR, as well as his trailer.
@KCCINews

Do we know anything about the Altima they've brought up? I remember seeing the photos of it being towed, along with the Malibu, but other than CBR having access to it, I don't remember where it came from.

Fischels says he asked if CBR knew #MollieTibbetts. CBR said he did not know her but mentioned something about Facebook.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Defense now cross-examining Fischels. Re-emphasizes CBR's cooperation and truthfulness about who car was registered to.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Iowa DCI Special Agent Scott Green up next.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Green testifies that he was called to canvass workers at Yarrabee Farms. Said he and other agents were looking for a subject named Cristhian and a black Malibu.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Says in the Altima he found running shorts in the front seat and a grey pipe in the back.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

I imagine that presenting the birth certificate in lieu of a state issued drivers license was an immediate red flag. It is not legal in Iowa to drive without a license. I am a resident of Illinois, directly across the river from Iowa. Have worked both there and here, do most of my shopping in Iowa, and feel local demographics are more Iowa than Illinois.

In May of 2018, 32 illegal aliens were arrested in the town of Mt. Pleasant IA at a concrete plant. This was in the news at the time as the town of Mt. Pleasant was deeply impacted. Mt. Pleasant is 100 miles east and south of Brooklyn IA.
Perhaps CBR did have an Iowa DL and the witness only commented on the birth certificate. It appears the birth certificate is valid to obtain an Iowa DL.

I think the confusion here is that CBR was using false documents so the license and birth certificate were probably in names other than his true identity.

Immigration Services (USCIS) documents - Iowa DOT - Motor Vehicle Division

Replying to
@CGothnerKCCI
On cross-examination, Green says he was asked to get DNA evidence from everyone at Yarrabee Farms.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Chad Frese:Had any other tips come in on Hispanic individuals in the disappearance of #MollieTibbetts? Green: No Frese: Did you get a swab from everyone in Brooklyn? Green: No Frese: But you got swab from every employee at Yarrabee, all Hisp? Green: Y
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Frese: No one asked you to take any DNA samples from (anyone who is Caucasian)? Green: No
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Next prosecution witness: Former Iowa City police officer Pamela Romero
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Replying to
@CGothnerKCCI
Romero served as a Spanish translator for CBR. She is no longer with ICPD. Works at a food processor and is also part time with West Liberty Police.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Replying to
@CGothnerKCCI
Romero failed to read CBR his full Miranda rights during the initial interrogation, accidentally leaving one part out (failing to tell him that his statements could be used against him in court) leading to some evidence being suppressed.
@KCCINews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

As for not getting DNA from any Caucasian individuals, why would they if none of the workers at the farm were Caucasian? If they were following leads based on the vehicle that was linked to someone working at the farm and the reason for getting DNA swabs was because of that, then who else would they need to get a DNA swab from on that particular occasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234