Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very early in the investigation, it was believed that Mollie was wearing a red t-shirt when she disappeared because it was believed that her work shirt was missing. I believe her mother later located the red t-shirt but the story lingered for quite some time. And when a shirt was located by a person mowing in rural IA, the t-shirt was reborn.

Personally, I believe Mollie was wearing a pink sports bra top and no shirt when she was abducted and murdered.

Was a Red Shirt Found in Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance? | Heavy.com

Probably now all know due to the description of the hairdresser as to what she was wearing when she passed her.

Do we know what direction the neck wounds came from? Front, side, or back?
No. Discussion here is conjecture. But as @otto & others have stated, knowing if CB is R or L handed provides clues to his/her position, whether standing/ running/ in trunk/ in field. We’ll prob never know what wounds occurred first, where they were inflicted, etc.

That said, CB told the truth about where he left her & that he did it. I think he told the truth about his bothering her & her attempt to call LE. I think the blackout covered what he would never want his family to know he did. Also wish we knew what was revealed in those hours dismissed.

I have a feeling today will be a long & irritating trial day with defense. Jmo

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5

Replying to
@Angenette5
Dr. Klein said there is a cut in the front of #MollieTibbetts sports bra that could be from a stabbing mark. Blood could have decomposed. It would need chemical analysis to tell whether blood had been on it
@LawCrimeNetwork

12:00 PM · May 24, 2021

Replying to
@Angenette5
Dr. Klein says #MollieTibbetts body had a sports bra around the neck area. She also had socks. No underwear and no shorts and no headband were on her body.
@LawCrimeNetwork

11:57 AM · May 24, 2021·

Replying to
@Angenette5
Dr. Klein said there are sharp force injuries on the right and left side of the neck. There's the carotid artery, vertebral artery in those locations
@LawCrimeNetwork

11:55 AM · May 24, 2021

Replying to
@Angenette5
The vertebral artery is in the neck. Dr. Klein says he believes the injuries are from stabbing or a large slash
@LawCrimeNetwork

11:54 AM · May 24, 2021

Replying to
@Angenette5
Dr. Klein said there were two wounds to #MollieTibbetts head. One was a penetrating wound. When examining the neck, all of the soft tissue was gone. But further examination of the neck bones revealed sharp force defects
@LawCrimeNetwork

11:53 AM · May 24, 2021·

Replying to
@Angenette5
C-4 and C-5 are labeled in the photo of #MollieTibbetts neck bones. Linear mark from a sharp force instrument. Right side of neck bone has a defect, he says, indicated by yellow arrow
@LawCrimeNetwork

11:53 AM · May 24, 2021·

Last edited:
Maybe his phone was turned off before he attacked her.

Her Fitbit was synced with her Fitbit wifi Account, so investigators had her heart rate and number of steps. There were witness reports from people who had seen her jogging before she was abducted. Given that she had a few regular running routes, police must have zeroed in on the area where he was circling her and requested CCTV footage. Now that I think of it, there were 5 areas where investigators requested footage, including a truck stop on the nearby highway.

I don't think she realized that he was stalking her. If she had realized it, she could have run straight to her mother's house, but instead she ran out along the deserted road running out of town.

Her heart rate spiked twice for periods of time, then stopped. That info was published in 2018, but I haven't found the link recently.

I'm very very confused. I did not listen to every single day.. but I've not heard during trial, read in MSM as to the heart rates with times and what they were before it "went off" dark.

If that wasn't in the trial and the prosecution had, why not in trial.

I'm confused.

Any links to help fill my void after reading this thread would be appreciated.

A toe bone was also missing, so the question was whether animals carried them away, but I agree - the tooth should be firmly implanted in the jaw bone, not carried away by animals unless it was loosened by a blow to the face.
And my question about the toe bones, is that MT was wearing shoes.

I'm very very confused. I did not listen to every single day.. but I've not heard during trial, read in MSM as to the heart rates with times and what they were before it "went off" dark.

If that wasn't in the trial and the prosecution had, why not in trial.

I'm confused.

Any links to help fill my void after reading this thread would be appreciated.

I thought so also. Did I miss that?
The only reference to Fitbit during the trial is that they used the data to confirm Mollie's routes when running. Seems they were confident in using this data. I don't recall any evidence about Mollie's vitals from Fitbit introduced as evidence. I also think there are too many variables with Fitbit to rely on heartrate data as accurate. MOO

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5

Replying to
@Angenette5
Vileta said they had Fitbit data for #MollieTibbetts that showed her typical routes. He was at the fire station when Matt George and Derek Riessen discovered the jogger on the surveillance video. They then started looking for a black Chevy Malibu in the video
@LawCrimeNetwork

7:26 AM · May 24, 2021·

I'm thinking that there has to be a scalp injury or a severely bleeding nose to create a pool of blood this size in the trunk of a car. I'm not convinced that a blow to the head results in this much blood.

View attachment 298354
A lacerated vertebral artery would. Major blood supply to the head.

I've always thought he hit her in the head with something, maybe even his fist, to disable her before putting her in the trunk.
Yes, me too. I think he ran up behind her, grabbed her ponytail with his left hand and slammed that knife in the side of her head. Then he dragged her to the trunk and off they went.
Fast, disabling ambush. gone in no time flat.
MOO

Last edited:
Court TV expert criticizing defense,
“if you point to everyone, you point to no one”.
Further paraphrased:
They should have focused one one suspect that should have been more thoroughly investigated. The jury knows there weren’t 10 people in the field killing Mollie Tibbets.

I don't post much but follow along,I thought I heard in the testimony today,that she was also missing a tooth,maybe he hit her also in the face.

That's my thinking @yorkiemommy.

IMO CBR stalked Mollie. Probably stopped in front of her, cold cocked her where she possibly lost tooth, placed Mollie in trunk, sped away to corn field where MT was murdered. I believe Mollie put up a hell of a fight in the field and am undecided whether he was successful raping Mollie? Driving that knife into her skull and the numerous other stab wounds seems like excessive rage on his part after doing the deed. A couple of knife slashes or stabs to either the chest or neck would of sufficed to kill Mollie.

Another thought to a previous post why CBR's cellphone data wasn't presented. Probably the time period between disappearance and discovery of Mollie was longer than those records were retained. Another thought on his phone is the botched Miranda is responsible for his phone data being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee