GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit long but that's pretty close!!

5ee0d093-b146-44bb-b203-cb05feec0dc8_750x422.jpg

She has just crawled out of bed, not expecting the Verdict so soon.
By the look on her face, this trial has drained her, and I am so pleased with all the negative comments now appearing about the poor Defence.

4EC72A7900000578-6020009-image-a-19_1533240495204.jpg

Mollie Tibbetts' mother Laura Calderwood (pictured) announced a reward fund for information about the 20-year-old's whereabouts.

At the PC announcing the reward fund to bring Mollie home, Laura thanked Steven Rhoads of Jasper Construction for helping start, and brainstorming the fund with her. Jasper Construction is also Dalton Jack's Employer. The reward for Mollie’s safe return is $220,000 and counting (rewards fund is donation based so far 54 donors have contributed).

Mollie Tibbetts’ investigation took a twist when investigators went back to an area that was already searched, this time with cadaver dogs.

POSTED 8:11 PM, AUGUST 3, 2018, BY JERAD GIOTTONINI,
UPDATED AT 09:58PM, AUGUST 3, 2018
Despite Unsuccessful Search, Mollie’s Cousin Remains Hopeful

On Aug 3, 2018 -- weeks prior to Mollie's body being recovered, Laura Calderwood thanked S. R. of Jasper Construction for helping start and brainstorm a reward fund with her.

Jasper Construction was Dalton's employer. It doesn't follow an employer would start a fund for the missing girlfriend of his employee -- an alleged killer that really wasn't where he said he was!

Just one more example of how very lenient Judge Yates was with the defense. IMO, he really went out of his way allowing them room to maneuver when he did not have to. I think it was very frustrating to Scott Brown -- yet he understood why. MOO

Absolutely!
I think the Prosecution was pretty darn lenient with the Defense as well. Not nearly the number of objections we normally hear in a high profile case, IMO.

4EC7667C00000578-0-image-a-96_1533328862126.jpg
4EC7668E00000578-0-image-a-97_1533328862126.jpg
4EAED06B00000578-0-image-a-86_1533325855888.jpg
4EC7666700000578-0-image-m-37_1533321820411.jpg

Mollie’s friends and family said Making friends everywhere she went is what she did best. [1] "One girl that loved everyone, loved everything," said Mollie’s brother, JT. [2] Mollie Loved children and spent two summers working at a day camp for children. [1] She Loved Harry Potter. [3] Popular, headstrong and Independent, Mollie Tibbetts excelled at school, made friends wherever she went and had her whole future mapped out ahead of her, according to her mother. [4] She was an Excellent performer and enjoyed acting in school plays. [1]

[1] Remembering Mollie Tibbetts - Video
[2] University of Iowa students remember Mollie Tibbetts with vigil
[3] Hundreds gather to remember Mollie Tibbetts
[4] Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home

t4560.gif

Thinking of Mollie's parents and hope they have some comfort knowing justice served for their daughter -- but at a terrible price. Here's some things they said about her on Aug 3, 2018 before she was found murdered.

As they wait for investigators to come up with answers, Tibbetts' father and Laura Calderwood, her mother, said all they can do is take it moment by moment and try to keep Mollie's story in the public eye.

Calderwood said her daughter always has been a force to be reckoned with - even as a young girl, she was competitive, outspoken and determined.

'She was really looking forward to getting back to school,” she said. 'She had really blossomed during her first year. She loved being a college student and loved learning and she was enjoying her independence.”

Mollie Tibbetts was studying child psychology, Calderwood said, and had plans to go to graduate school and get her doctorate.

'She wanted to help troubled children,” Calderwood said. 'And she talked about wanting to write.”

The young woman had her life planned out to a 'T,” her father said.

'She knew exactly what she wanted to do and exactly what she wanted her life to look like,” he said. 'And she had it all timed out from college to grad school to getting married and buying a house and having kids.”

The parents said there had been quiet talk of marriage between Tibbetts and her boyfriend, Dalton Jack. The two are high school sweethearts who have been together for about three years, they said.

'But she was very clear that it would have to wait until she'd finished school,” Rob Tibbetts said. 'Mollie was like that. She had everything planned and was going to stick to that plan.”

Since the disappearance, Tibbetts' family has felt a hole in their lives and in their home.

'There's definitely an emptiness, like something is missing,” Calderwood said. 'You feel it most in the morning and at night.”

Aug 3, 2018
Mollie Tibbetts’s disappearance has small Iowa town on edge

I’m so glad the despicable defendant was found guilty. It is a relief to know that he will never be free to take another person’s life.

Mollie’s family, friends and community continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure everyone who knew her will continue to honour her memory and she will never be forgotten.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who have posted in Mollie’s case threads with information, news and messages of support for her family. All of your posts are much appreciated.

May Mollie Tibbetts Rest In Peace.

I remember during the trial, hearing Frese saying that CBR had NEVER been known to give anyone a hard time, or be anything other than polite and mild mannered----and I thought of the prior bad acts report---and it seems unfair that it would remain inadmissible, after the defense made false claims like that.
Yes why does that not open the door for previous bad acts????

Yes why does that not open the door for previous bad acts????

Although I don’t agree with it, previous bad acts are inadmissible because they are unrelated to the actual case being presented. A judge can allow it on certain grounds, e.g. going to motive etc., but it’s not easy to get that info into a trial. IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa