GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yes (although I don't know who Johnny Utah is!). I remember a case with the guy who had a bomb strapped to him and nobody believed him.....I know I'm getting that wrong....but I can't think of anything else.

That’s exactly the case I thought of. Brian Wells, pizza delivery guy with a bomb collar locked onto him. That has to be the all time strangest case, maybe? But I think it’s more believable in its details than Sweater Ninjas.

Everythinng we’ve heard about Mollie through this investigation and trial indicates she was beautiful inside and out, with an amazing heart. To paraphrase the investigator on the stand ‘Mollie’s text messages were the nicest we have ever seen.’ So It does not surprise me that her mother would be the same, to have raised such an amazing daughter.

I have a 20 year old daughter as well and to be honest, I do not think I would have displayed half the grace Mollie’s parents showed if this had happened to my daughter. Prayers to her family. And to DJ, who lost the love of his life and was dragged through the mud for his teenage indiscretions.

Kudos. Heartfelt true post.
Lets hope for justice.

MOO

I'm just sitting here thinking about Mollie's parents, and how utterly meaningless the whole thing is. No matter what justice is served, they have to go on tomorrow without her, knowing what horrible things she experienced that night. It's been almost 4 years for them. I'm sure this trial has reopened wounds. I doubt they are laughing about ninjas, or are lounging back biting their fingernails, or worried about immigration issues and racism. I would guess they might be relieved to see the guilty person convicted and put away forever, but I wouldn't fault them for not getting much satisfaction out of this trial. JMO
Yes, you are right, also Dalton Jack, who I believed really loved her. Who can get the image (or words) out of their head that she lay in the cornfield with her legs spread? Utterly sad. This is what killers take from the family and loved ones, their last memories.

That’s exactly the case I thought of. Brian Wells, pizza delivery guy with a bomb collar locked onto him. That has to be the all time strangest case, maybe? But I think it’s more believable in its details than Sweater Ninjas.
the Brian Wells case was absolutely one of the wildest cases ever. But I think the police did eventually figure it all out. We wont ever find the sweater ninjas though (because they don't actually exist).

Yes, you are right, also Dalton Jack, who I believed really loved her. Who can get the image (or words) out of their head that she lay in the cornfield with her legs spread? Utterly sad. This is what killers take from the family and loved ones, their last memories.
Yeah, I think the prosecution was planning on avoiding any mention of that. Once the defense decided to put the defendant on the stand they had no choice.

The only person who could have left the body in that position was the one the kidnappers left in the cornfield.

So ultimately, why would CBR lead police to her body?
Because he did it. Anyone have a better explanation? He was so angry that not only did she not accept his advances, but that she said she was going to call the cops. He would lose everything in his mind. Be sent back to Mexico. No more building the house for his family in Mexico. No more staying in the States.

edit: I know you already know the answer to your question.
Anyway, there is no reasonable doubt. Reasonable. And remember the date Rivera was supposedly going on that day.. maybe that girl canceled on him after he built up a scenario in his mind of how it would go.. maybe that was also part of the culmination of things. I’m just so frustrated-sorry for the venting.

Last edited:
Because he did it. Anyone have a better explanation? He was so angry that not only did she not accept his advances, but that she said she was going to call the cops. He would lose everything in his mind. Be sent back to Mexico. No more building the house for his family in Mexico. No more staying in the States.
I agree he did it. I'm just not sure why he decided to show police. He could have refused. I'm wondering if he thought that would help him get leniency.

Everything we’ve heard about Mollie through this investigation and trial indicates she was beautiful inside and out, with an amazing heart. To paraphrase the investigator on the stand ‘Mollie’s text messages were the nicest we have ever seen.’ So It does not surprise me that her mother would be the same, to have raised such an amazing daughter.

I have a 20 year old daughter as well and to be honest, I do not think I would have displayed half the grace Mollie’s parents showed if this had happened to my daughter. Prayers to her family. And to DJ, who lost the love of his life and was dragged through the mud for his teenage indiscretions.
I have noticed that about her mother also...and noted how far from that standard I fall.
Sad and uncool..not keepin' it classy....but if it had been one of my daughters I would have already jumped the out of him in that court room and killed him with a pencil like John Wick.
I would have to stay home.

Last edited:
That is a reality check for him now

edit: I know you already know the answer to your question.
Anyway, there is no reasonable doubt. Reasonable. And remember the date Rivera was supposedly going on that day.. maybe that girl canceled on him after he built up a scenario in his mind of how it would go.. maybe that was also part of the culmination of things. I’m just so frustrated-sorry for the venting.

Yeah. A guy who has not had any criminal records, has a United States citizen child, will literally have 20 years of appeals before he gets in front of a judge for final deportation hearing. At which time he would have already been married, and have more children, probably ones over age 18, who could have him adjust status for legal permanent residence.

He would be pretty far down the list for ICE detainer. Until now.

the Brian Wells case was absolutely one of the wildest cases ever. But I think the police did eventually figure it all out. We wont ever find the sweater ninjas though (because they don't actually exist).
Oh yes, that must be what I'm thinking of! I saw the documentary on Netflix. It was such a complicated case with lots of twists and turns.

Well, they went home after 4 hours. Today they had to elect a foreperson, and that takes time. They may have to read up on the instructions as to what evidence is needed for first and second degree murder, etc, and arrange the evidence. So, perhaps they didn't have enough time to actually discuss it yet. I was on a homicide jury in Phoenix and we held over a night because one of the jurors didn't feel good and needed to go home. We already knew our verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz