ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not familiar enough with crime scene procedures. Did Moscow PD, ISP or the FBI request this forensics expert's services? And now he can work for the defense?
The defence can call their own forensic investigators. We saw a lot of this in the case of "the staircase" as a well-known example. they work as independent witnesses specifically for the defence to find evidence to support the suspect's case. IMO

Can everyone in the US try for a plea deal to avoid the death penalty?
Plea deals are offered not asked for. He will not be offered a plea deal as there is no reason too. The State has the victims bodies. No co-defendant , no missing large sum of money or valuables ,No mystery on what happened. He has zero to offer . The State has the death penalty for a reason,people like bk are the reason.

IF the evidence was not very solid with a ton of circumstantial where there might be a risk of hung jury or found innocent The State might offer life to plead guilty. Do not think that is the case with these crimes. Science and technology have come a long way since OJ was on trial with dna evidence

Last edited:
BK may as well enjoy his last hour before being locked up in a cell again - this airplane is a little more luxurious than a jail cell. I can't wait for his court appearance which I assume will be sometime tomorrow. I feel sorry for all the reporters who've been hanging around the Moscow area waiting for this long flight to arrive.
I feel more sorry for us!

I read somewhere that the Ph.D. Program at WSU encouraged students to establish residency in the state, which meant getting a WA drivers license and registering the car there.
That’s what I think… tuition at WSU is way less for residents, and I know when I went to an out of state school getting the car registered was a big part of establishing residency. Could be he was just following the family’s original plan, with unfortunately timing given his apparent extracurricular interests.

If this forum was like the legal process, no one would read it. Today I submitted a document that stated "Defendant denies the allegations in this paragraph of the Complaint" 137 times. That's it, that was the whole document. It took like 15 meetings to get there.

Plane tracking is absolutely thrilling compared to day to day legal work, I promise! :cool:
My sister did corporate law for 15 years. Ugh.....
She eventually got into international law and became a professor.

It depends if he’d chosen to formally relocate (i.e. file his tax return in Washington instead of PA). Furthermore, we don’t know that he was living with his parents in PA before moving to Washington. Maybe he was renting an apartment there. If that were the case, once he left that apartment for his new university, he likely would have formally relocated.
There is no indication that he lived anywhere but home before relocating to pursue his brilliant career scheme. The only employment on record was a few years as a hall monitor at an unsuspecting elementary school.
In any case, I vote 10 for implausible on any of those theories of independence. MOO
He would have had to register the vehicle as a new resident in Washington within 30 days of arriving to avoid $529.00 fine.
He switched the plates because he is oblivious to the real world. IMO

Plea deals are offered not asked for. He will not be offered a plea deal as there is no reason too. The State has the victims bodies. No co-defendant , no missing large sum of money or valuables ,No mystery on what happened. He has zero to offer . The State has the death penalty for a reason,people like bk are the reason.
he has the weapon and motive....

So what's everyone's guess how he came into contact with the victims?He sure doesn't seem the type to hang with their type of group.
One hypothesis is that he's reportedly a strict vegan, and X&M both worked at the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow that served vegan cuisine, and he lived in next town over, so he may have been there & came into contact with at least 1 of them there. And E&K were very close with X&M, so where one went, they all did, and they were popular & outgoing & at least some of them on SM< which anyone can follow.

And if he continued harassing women waitstaff in ID like he did at the establishment in PA ( Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report), well, maybe one of them tried to put him in his place at the Mad Greek and it set him off, and he started stalking them, and then the "unknown" happened between that and the murders.

JMOOO

Plea deals are offered not asked for. He will not be offered a plea deal as there is no reason too. The State has the victims bodies. No co-defendant , no missing large sum of money or valuables ,No mystery on what happened. He has zero to offer . The State has the death penalty for a reason, people like bk are the reason.
Very well said.
Thanks !

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to fall on the mercy of the court ?
I wonder what his defense counsel will advise him to do, though ?
Imo.

They searched it the day he was arrested. May be holding it still, who knows.
I can see a potential problem with that search if there was no independent witness to the search. The defense could argue that something was added that possibly didn't belong to the suspect. I'm not saying LE would do this, I'm sure they are very honorable men and women, just pointing out a possible challenge of the evidence by the defense. It would be interesting if we found out BK had taken photos of his apartment, its contents and the placement of the contents before he left for PA.
jmo

FWIW, I think BW and accompanying LE may have had a bumpy flight today.

I occasionally check pilot reports of turbulence, and looks like there was light to moderate turbulence today.

They maybe stopped twice to stretch their legs and also get their bearings.

Live Turbulence Explorer Map

ETA: Aircraft is now descending.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics