ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly
Indianapolis police now reportedly pulled him over to see his hands per fox news. Not sure I believe this source. As the other source stated they knew nothing about his HX.

"MOSCOW, Idaho – A Federal Bureau of Investigation surveillance team tracked Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger and his father on a cross-country road trip from Washington State to Pennsylvania and asked Indiana police to pull him over, a law enforcement source told Fox News.

The law enforcement source told Fox News that the FBI surveillance team was seeking video images of Kohberger as well as his hands.

Bryan Kohberger and his father were pulled over twice in Indiana on Dec. 15 while making the cross-country trip."

looks like I might have posted this a few mintutes late and credit @IceCreamSundae

I read somewhere that the Ph.D. Program at WSU encouraged students to establish residency in the state, which meant getting a WA drivers license and registering the car there.
That makes sense but he did not do that within the established protocol time limits set by Washington state in order to avoid a hefty fine.

What Does The Law Say? New residents to Washington State have 30 days from the time of their arrival to register their vehicle properly. Failure to do so is an infraction subject to a fine of $529 (RCW 46.16A. 030(4)).

Used sometimes to lessen the cost of trial. If someones is obviously guilty they may be advised to take the plea deal to avoid the death penalty. Prosecution will take the plea deal at 100% rather than risk taking it to trial and loosing. Never know what a jury will do.
There have only been three executions in Idaho since capital punishment was reinstated in 1976. The last one was over a decade ago. And it is harder than ever to procure the needed drugs nowadays. So a plea bargain that simply takes the death penalty off the table is of little to no real consequence.

But it would save the state massive amounts of money, and it would save the families a lot of horrific trauma - grisly crime scene photos and testimony would be almost unbearable. Then there would be decades of appeals and additional hearings. At least a plea for life without parole would allow them to try to move on from this nightmare. If that's even possible...

JMHO

Regarding the FBI : Laying out his options ?

I wish BK would forgo the trial and plead & throw himself on the mercy of the court, and in so doing, spare the families of the victims from a lengthy (& gruesome !) trial.
Of course we know this will most likely not happen.
He's going to fight it .

His family thinks he's innocent of this :

MONROE COUNTY, Penn.
- Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's family is "shocked" and doesn't believe he slaughtered four college students, according to a report.

"They don’t believe it to be Bryan. They can’t believe this," Monroe County Chief Public Defender Jason LaBar told NBC News. "They’re obviously shocked. This is certainly completely out of character, the allegations, and really they’re just trying to be supportive with the understanding that these four families have suffered loss."
The attorney added that the Washington State University Ph.D. student-turned-accused mass murderer told him he believes he will be found not guilty.

"He believes he’s going to be exonerated. That’s what he believes," said LaBar, who has visited Kohberger four times since his arrest. "Those were his words. He’s been very easy to talk to. Actually, he’s in a calm demeanor."
From the former atty.^^^

Given how vocal Jason LaBar has been, I can see why the judge issued a gag order.

The family of accused Idaho murderer Bryan Kohberger is standing by their son in an effort to “promote his presumption of innocence,” they said Sunday in their first public statement.

Kohberger, 28, was arrested Friday in his family home in Pennsylvania for the fatal Nov. 13 stabbings of four University of Idaho students.

His public defender Jason A. LaBar released the statement on behalf of his parents and his sister.

“We have fully cooperated with law enforcement agencies in an attempt to seek the truth and promote his presumption of innocence rather than judge unknown facts and make erroneous assumptions,” the family said.

The Kohbergers said they “will continue to let the legal process unfold and as a family we will love and support our son and brother.”
emphasis mine.

I'd like to hear (& we may, eventually) LE say that they're cooperating and not only from the public defender ?
The best advice the Kohbergers' could give BK at this time is to be honest and not lie -- as if he's caught it will go even worse for him.
M00.
They want proof. I can't blame them a bit. I think they are still trying to process this whole thing. It hasn't even been a week since it all started for them. I'm afraid they are in for a big heartbreak.

Very skeptical that someone from the FBI ordered ISP/county police to pull B & dad over. A few posters earlier had made good points: would these officers really just pretend everything is normal and cool? BK is accused of brutally killing 4 people. Imo putting police in this position could lead to danger for cop who’s pulling over, BK’s dad and honestly anyone on the highway; for all anyone knows he could have had a gun (for example). Also don’t think these officers KNEW who they were pulling over unless LE flat out says so. Especially … for a look at his hands ???

I feel like the news has just been churning out wild rumors lately.

Very well said.
Thanks !

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to fall on the mercy of the court ?
I wonder what his defense counsel will advise him to do, though ?
Imo.
My advice as someone with no experience whatsoever would be to plead guilty in exchange for life in prison and participation in BAU studies.

At this point, I have to take all MSM with a grain of salt. A previous NYPost article went on about the "Blood drips" outside of the house as if it were fact, and I don't recall those being confirmed as blood by LE.

I just want the facts.....
I didn't realize the drips weren‘t confirmed as blood. Did anyone make reasonable guesses to what they could be, if not blood?

Just to be clear -- we've all seen the traffic stop videos for ourselves where Hancock County, IN Sheriff warned BK about following a van too close, and an IN State Trooper warned him about following a tractor-trailer too close.

Nothing about speeding as previously tweeted. Facts matter -- just saying.
Driving on someone's arse-if it's to try to get them outta 'your' lane is a great example of bullying, isn't it? I wonder if his Dad was telling him to chill at all...But, maybe too 'punchy' to notice. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487